• Thread starter Barcode
  • Start date
  • Replies 115
  • Views 21K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Barcode

Yup, decided it was time for one of these.

Just got chewed out by my ETL-GE because I didn't cover the other GSA's break when asked -- Photo was busy and I told her to have Guest Service do it instead. The other GSA is a freaking ***** for ratting me out.

So sick and tired of being ganged up upon by the GSA/GSTL/ETL-GE... Our new GSTL is okay, but he is quickly drinking the Target koolaid that the other GSTL has been drinking. And they wonder why culture is deteoriating on the front end? I'm the only person left that people come to with problems now, and it sucks because I can hardly do anything for them since i'm only a TM...... /sigh

Anyways, post yours!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate my boss because he looks like a testicle with arms, legs, smells like a nutsack, and wont shut the **** up for more than 5 seconds at a time. Need I say more?

It's really funny, actually. Unlike the other GSAs, our GSTL, or our ETL-GE, people seem to actually respect me. I am honest with people when I'm talking to them, I'm honest when I ask them to do it, and I don't yank their chains. I explain tasks that seems sudden, confusing, or out of the ordinary. I spread the projects around, so it's not the same 2 people always doing candy, pushing reshop, backing up guest service, etc. I can joke around with them, but then turn it around and become serious and actually get a decent answer from them.

The other GSAs are glorified cashier with keys. Yeah, I'm really good friends with them and we all hang out when not at work. Still, they aren't in depth with their roles and don't give 110%. We're inbetween GSTLs right now, but my current GSTL has only been a TL for 5 months. He frequently gives out misinformation, doesn't know guest service policies, and makes mistakes when writing the break schedule.

Our ETL-GE believes in the top-down philosophy. She only has to talk to the GSTL, and then the GSTL will talk to the GSAs. The GSTLs/GSAs will then talk to the cashiers. I, personally, haven't heard more than a "Hi" from her in the past 2 months. No, I'm not exaggerating at all.

tl;dr - I'm not a boss and everyone loves me. my bosses are douches, and everyone hates them.

Well, I'm new here and what better way to start than by complaining eh?

I got chewed out the other day because I DID cover the front end while the GSA took a lunch. The ETL-GE decided to take me aside and tell me that I had no business covering for them. She tells me that I am not trustworthy enough to lead a team... If I ever saw her for more than 5 minutes a week I would be willing to accept this criticism. But she seems to be the only person who holds this opinion of me. The GSTLs, GSAs and the SrGSTL (who I am always working alongside) all use me to cover and have told me that I am one of the most trust-able and reliable TMs. The one person who seems to have qualms about me is the one who barely interacts with me at all.

It just upsets me that someone who is quite unaware of what is going on in her area can be allowed to make any executive decisions. How can a person in a position of power be allowed to interact so minimally with her team that she doesn't know who they are or what they do?

The last few conversations I've had with her have gone something like "HDBear what are you doing in the Photo Lab?"
"Uhm....it's been my primary work center for the past month"
*blank stare'
OR
"HDBear what are you doing here at 7am?"
"Cash office."
"You're trained for cash office?"
"Yes indeed!"
*mumble* I'm not sure how I like that... */mumble*

She only ever interacts with TMs to offer negative comments. Nothing positive has ever come from her mouth as far as I have heard. Luckily no one seems to really value her opinion and she only has a couple more months left at our store!

Man ranting feels good.

Last edited:
Yeah our etl-ge talks to us more than our gstls... i honestly feel like a gstl on the cheap and not a gsa...

I like top down philosophy. Our last etl ge never talked to us either.

Ok...so they use GSAs as GSTLs at my store....and this is the GSA that tends to drive me nuts, but I look the other way because the higher ups love her and she's supposed to be going for GSTL (I hope) so she can go to a different store and and I can have her position (the plan).

Anyway, I was working hardlines yesterday, and swung by GS before my break for something, where the GSA and GSTM were just chatting. I grabbed what I needed, headed took a couple steps out, and turned back to tell the GSA she had a lane light. She told me the cashier didn't need anything and went back to talking. Umm?

So, I had to pass by that cashier on the way to the TSC anyway, so I asked her if she needed something. Yep, she needed help with a price check and had no walkie. Only after I walkied for a sales floor TM did the GSA come over to see what was up.

I mean, seriously?! Ignoring your PDA and lane lights? I'm so over it.

my etl is a newbe but is not so bad,tries hard and is enthusiastic and friendly but is not overpowering with the sweet stuff.

My team lead is useless and everyone knows it. I don't know why she is still here. No one can stand her and she does as little as possible, complains all the time, and dissappears whenever possible. She is a major kiss ass however, sooo annoying.

my ETL-HL is the biggest hypocrite in the world, i accidentally left the crown keys inside the WAVE, and she found it and coached me...whatever, i understand where she was coming from, my bad... two weeks later, she leaves her keys inside the baler, not once but TWICE THE SAME DAY, and I caught it and told her, all she says is "oh" like its no big deal. seriously??i get a full on coaching when i do it, and when you do it all you get is an "oh"? biggest dumb ass ever, you should be coached. i HATE those power hungry ETLs who think they can do whatever they F**k they want

my ETL-HL is the biggest hypocrite in the world, i accidentally left the crown keys inside the WAVE, and she found it and coached me...whatever, i understand where she was coming from, my bad... two weeks later, she leaves her keys inside the baler, not once but TWICE THE SAME DAY, and I caught it and told her, all she says is "oh" like its no big deal. seriously??i get a full on coaching when i do it, and when you do it all you get is an "oh"? biggest dumb ass ever, you should be coached. i HATE those power hungry ETLs who think they can do whatever they F**k they want

Was it just a baler key or store keys as well? That's a BIG no no if it's store keys.

her baler keys as well as ALL of the other keys were attached to the key ring

Every time you catch them on it just call it out over the walkie. Your STL or AP start to hear "Somebody leave keys at the baler? Looks like some door keys on the ring" there will be some questions asked.

I kept the keys for 10 minutes & then I had walked up to my Lod & said, here's your keys...walked away laughing. No comment made from the Lod. They knew if I found them, they would get them back with a laugh.

I finally had an amazing moment so fabulous today that the guest asked to speak with a manager. They all were tied up, so I sent her off with a comment card and my name and begged her to send it in. So I was telling my ETL-GE about it today...I got in once sentence when we were in the TSC, when the STL started talking to him, and they went on like I didn't even exist. Fine. I'll do my job, and continue to do the best I can via guests, but don't expect me to come up with anymore "amazing moments" at huddle if they don't ****ing care enough when something does go really right by a guest.

I finally had an amazing moment so fabulous today that the guest asked to speak with a manager. They all were tied up, so I sent her off with a comment card and my name and begged her to send it in. So I was telling my ETL-GE about it today...I got in once sentence when we were in the TSC, when the STL started talking to him, and they went on like I didn't even exist. Fine. I'll do my job, and continue to do the best I can via guests, but don't expect me to come up with anymore "amazing moments" at huddle if they don't ****ing care enough when something does go really right by a guest.

hugs you gently, and sends you off with another cookie.

Great job RG!!

Thank you. We've busted our butts in electronics and toys to help out the electronics person who has been drowning all week. I've done so much in that area in the past week, I'm halfway trained. We've had no callbox buttons which is a frigging miracle, and all we get is, "why are all these stray electronics and toys not put away?" Then, they go on about how fabulous softlines looks (with five people) while *****ing about hardlines being a disaster (with twice the space and half the help).

But I guess telling me something positive every now and then for a bit of encouragement might give me the idea I could manage to do something right, and we know we can't have that.

We've had no callbox buttons which is a frigging miracle, and all we get is, "why are all these stray electronics and toys not put away?" Then, they go on about how fabulous softlines looks (with five people) while *****ing about hardlines being a disaster (with twice the space and half the help).

Yep, that's exactly how my last closing night went. Cool, 4 people in soft lines and 3 in hard lines (for 6 department blocks). Thanks LOD for all the understanding.

Wow. Where do the managers get training?

Wouldn't acknowledging the guest's compliment of you motivate you as a team member?

It would! Knowing that management knows I'm giving that great guest service and not slacking on other things is huge. And them acknowledging that I have some worth would be great. I get acknowledgement as a cashier, and get it occasionally in hardlines, and get just get grumped at at guest services, though am told I am doing well when I try to pin them down is just frustrating.

I could have done quite a bit of zoning if I had left the guest hanging, but I suspect the guest will do more shopping with us because she was so happy. So I was "driving sales" but apparently it doesn't matter. I was flabbergasted when I was trying to to my ETL and the STL just came up to him and they started having a conversation like I wasn't even there. Two other TMs saw it and felt bad for me. But I guess I've learned not to bother with them. We're a small store, we don't get the flakes you all seem to get...so this really threw me. True colors, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back