I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

dutifulTM

Cashier
All threads pertaining to REDCards and anything affiliated will be redirected here.

Has this happened at anyone else's Target?

Today, Red cards weren't giving their discount... what a fiasco, we ended up having to manually give them their 5%. x_x

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh, we heard about it this AM. The LOD told us it was global & to either do a fix-it or enter a 5% off store coupon before total. The GSTLs were running all over the lanes 'cause some of those 'coupons' were huge!

I was wishing we had a 5% off coupon - instead we were either giving manual discount/Target coupons for small amounts, or using a 3$ "for our apologies" for 3/6/9 etc amounts + manual discount/Target coupon for any amount over 3$.

Yup, our store as well. I was ready to hold a front end math huddle to help our cashiers figure out 5%. Hopefully it will be fixed by tomorrow. On some of the large amounts I was trying to have our cashiers enter coupons in $5 increments so that we as GSTL's didn't have to override every single one.

Today is my day off so I'm not sure, but this happened to my store a couple of months ago.

It wasn't bad at all really. Each checklane had a calculator that we would manually deduct the 5% and for the coupon we would enter them in $5 increments so we wouldn't have to keep bugging the GSTL.

Yep, happened at my store too, however right before my shift ended they were able to fix it.

Nice of them to tell us in Pharmacy! Granted, it doesn't affect Rx's, but we DO ring up regular items as well and I'm sure I did a few today that people paid for with their Red cards...and to be honest, I can't say I was really paying attention...

I wish they would've fixed it at my store. We only had like 3 calculators between all of the cashiers, and one came from the photo lab. I had to keep doing long division every time, and the GSTLs never told us about the $5 increment thing (I had to get about 10 overrides).

Really? Do tell how! :D

You have to go to K7 for control panel and then K1 which is reload parameters. It was a remarkably easy fix for a seemingly complex problem. It only takes a second or two to do.

and yes, my store was affected until we did the fix.

I was wishing we had a 5% off coupon - instead we were either giving manual discount/Target coupons for small amounts, or using a 3$ "for our apologies" for 3/6/9 etc amounts + manual discount/Target coupon for any amount over 3$.

You make me question your location cuz this was exactly, almost word for word what we were telling our cashiers today. Haha.

Read the message board & got the fix. Quickcart is correct - K7, then K1 for reloading the parameters.

hahah that's what I'm thinking. But the odds of that are slim, lol.

Hey, it could happen. A while back, I visited a store in a different part of my state and took a few pictures of some pretty distinctive features of the store. I posted them on the old forum and a team member remarked that it was their store. Based on their location, I think it probably was, lol.

I was right...we did. We had to call the guests yesterday and tell them we had a refund waiting for them at pharmacy (well, I didn't, but one of the other techs did). I guess the head pharmacist went off a little in the weekly meeting because this isn't the first time we've been "left out of the loop" on something like this and WE'RE the ones who get the flack from the guests. One lady was TICKED because I guess this wasn't the first time we've had to give her a refund because of a computer glitch :disappoint:

Hey, it could happen. A while back, I visited a store in a different part of my state and took a few pictures of some pretty distinctive features of the store. I posted them on the old forum and a team member remarked that it was their store. Based on their location, I think it probably was, lol.

Thats cool!
I'd be thrilled if someone from my store was here, seeing as the Team members we have now are.... questionable. Well actually, not anymore. They went on a firing spree the past few months and weeded out the bad ones. A few got fired that really didn't deserve it, but most of them were good. I wish they would fire a few cashiers. There's a lot of them that text on a lane and are rude to guests

Anyyywayys back to the topic. i never noticed if it was fixed, i assume it was cuz there was no drama yesterday, i kinda just forgot about it, lol.

It is fixed and an urgent message came down today saying that guest's accounts will be credited for the 5% for that day. So I guess people will be getting a little extra off.

It is fixed and an urgent message came down today saying that guest's accounts will be credited for the 5% for that day. So I guess people will be getting a little extra off.

I had a feeling that they would do something like this.

That's cool. This way, the guests who DIDN'T get their discount that day will get credited & those who did will get a little bonus to make up for the minor inconvenience. Either way, it'll go a long way if they want to keep the card loyalty they've been trying to build.

Back