I'm Lost! The REDCard Thread

Commie is probably correct. Since its a bank issued card now. Only your credit history will be affected. But you never know the exact relations between FRS and Target.

I did have a GSTL (HR TM at the time) that was written up for bouncing 3 checks for NSF.

Last edited:
make any payment you can on the card, every month. but, do call the card co, if you need to start a payment plan or tell them about your financial issues.

You want to check out the TM Handbook. I vaguely remember there something being in there about missing a REDCard payment. I'll see if I can find my copy and post what it says.

You can get a corrective action for writing a bad check, missing payments on your redcard and having non sufficient funds when using your redcard debit.

Isn't having the company have access to your bank information considered personal? If so, how can target justify this?

You can get a corrective action for writing a bad check, missing payments on your redcard and having non sufficient funds when using your redcard debit.

Isn't having the company have access to your bank information considered personal? If so, how can target justify this?

You allow this when you sign for one lol ..and it's probably in the nice thick book of Terms and Conditions pamphlet

Commie is probably correct. Since its a bank issued card now. Only your credit history will be affected. But you never know the exact relations between FRS and Target.

I did have a GSTL (HR TM at the time) that was written up for bouncing 3 checks for NSF.

FRS IS Target. It's Financial and Retail Services, one of the Pyramids of HQ (like Stores, Facilities, Legal, Merchandising). They issue all redcards (which are underwritten by Target National Bank, which can be simplified to Target Corporation.)

You bet your ass they can fire you for being delinquent on your card, though I'm surprised they don't have a provision for garnishing your wages to start repaying the card (that's probably governed by federal labor laws, superseding Target.)

FRS IS Target. It's Financial and Retail Services, one of the Pyramids of HQ (like Stores, Facilities, Legal, Merchandising). They issue all redcards (which are underwritten by Target National Bank, which can be simplified to Target Corporation.)

You bet your ass they can fire you for being delinquent on your card, though I'm surprised they don't have a provision for garnishing your wages to start repaying the card (that's probably governed by federal labor laws, superseding Target.)

Maybe I misunderstood then but didn't they sell their portfolio to TD Bank so now TD Bank does all the underwriting?

http://pressroom.target.com/news/ta...f-credit-card-portfolio-sale-to-td-bank-group

I'm just curious about something... What approaches do you gsa's, gstl's, or front end trainers take when it comes to explaining the super exciting world of red cards to new team members?

I just explain some different ways you can educate your guests about the benefits of red cards and convince them into thinking they should open one. (Sorry for any poor grammar that this post may contain.. I'm running on no sleep.) I don't know, I do more than that but I can't formulate words for any of it lol.

But anyway, what are your approaches for training new team members on the wonderful world of red cards?

Do not panic, just like any corrective action, they do NOT fire you right away. You're ETL HR will tell you the official policy, and how many "chances" you will be given regarding this type of CA. The TMSC can also be an extra resource. By the way, it's not guaranteed that they will enforce this, I would simply continue paying whatever you are able to afford towards your bill, and everything should be fine.

It's actually not that bad, mainly because by the time they're training, HR will have already shoved the RedCard thing down their throats at orientation. I just reinforce that they have to ask EVERY guest about it. Usually they develop their own pitches, but if they need a little help I'll tell them to point out that it's a debit card and not a credit card (unless the guest wants the credit card).

just remember, withoit any real incentive to get them, asking is the best you should expect. you can coach thwm for not asking, but you shouldn't coach them for not getting them. especially next weekend, there won't be a lot of time for people to be hammering away at a long sales pitch.

I just started working at Target the other day and was wondering if I could use my 10% employee discount on top of my 5% RedCard Discount.

I just started working at Target the other day and was wondering if I could use my 10% employee discount on top of my 5% RedCard Discount.

Yep! And with your 5% pharmacy rewards, and with coupons, and with cartwheel if you have it. It can really add up.

I thought I read somewhere the TM discount card couldn't be coupled with coupons and certain promotions.

There's restrictions about stacking discounts on-line but in the store I've stacked TM, Rx, redcard, cartwheel & coupons (target & manf).

There's restrictions about stacking discounts on-line but in the store I've stacked TM, Rx, redcard, cartwheel & coupons (target & manf).

Back