I'm Lost! The Target Dating Thread

I have a crush on one of our cart attendants please kill me.

She smells like an ashtray and makes awful puns and IS GAY (well pan...either way she plays for my team) and I'm screaming inside. I've never gotten a crush on someone I worked with. I haven't gotten a crush in 5 years, since my last girlfriend. I feel like a 16 year old babydyke again.

She smells like an ashtray and makes awful puns and IS GAY (well pan...either way she plays for my team) and I'm screaming inside. I've never gotten a crush on someone I worked with. I haven't gotten a crush in 5 years, since my last girlfriend. I feel like a 16 year old babydyke again.

Isn't it nice to feel like a teenager again?

There's a SrTL at my store just a couple years older than me that *technically* isn't who I report to but is an LOD. I had a slight crush on him from the first time I met him, but knew saying anything was a no-no since he was one of my superiors. Dude is also one of the people I've become close friends with during my time at my store. Pretty sure he has flirted with me (which means it was super obvious because I'm about as perceptive as a rock when it comes to realizing when people are flirting with me).

Last edited:
She smells like an ashtray and makes awful puns and IS GAY (well pan...either way she plays for my team)

Wait, smelling like an ashtray is a turn-on? :s Or you just have a crush on them despite that particular turn-off?

I developed a crush/feelings for a girl on our pricing team. I asked her out and she said she was flattered but that she was too old for me. I remarked age is only a number and she said she knows and the conversation ended. She is 8 years older than me but I found her cute. I hope she reconsiders but rejection sucks. :(

/middleschooldrama

LOL -

hmm....

nope, nothing to tell.

No dating stories of my own.

Life in my side of the fence is quite boring... BORING!!!! Nothing happening, and I don't gossip, so I don't know...

Wait, smelling like an ashtray is a turn-on? :s Or you just have a crush on them despite that particular turn-off?

It's a turn on for me, a really gross turn on that I'm not proud of. It doesn't help she smokes Marlboros, the same brand my ex smoked. When she walks by me coming in from her breaks I get starry eyed and weak in the knees.

I am AP and work at Store A. If I transfer to Store B, can I date a TM from Store A??

Edit: Also, if I stay at Store A. Can I date a TM who put in their 2 weeks? During their 2 weeks or right after their last day?

I am AP and work at Store A. If I transfer to Store B, can I date a TM from Store A??

Edit: Also, if I stay at Store A. Can I date a TM who put in their 2 weeks? During their 2 weeks or right after their last day?
I'm pretty sure they don't care so long as you're not in the same store or supervise over their store (i.e. BP, investigator, etc.), and they cannot tell you who you can or cannot date if the person doesn't work for Target, as long as you don't allow your significant other to steal from the store.

Ugh, tell me about it, so many lezzies in my store and the only one I'm crushing on is AP (and I'm a TM). Sigh. Such is life. Even for 30somethings. :/

One of the biggest fears I've had with leadership (I've been approached by it several times) is the fact that I'm dating a team member and have been since I've started working there. We are gay and he isn't "out" to anyone at the store, and I fear that if I do go for leadership, I'll be forced to tell the leaders about our relationship and I know that it'll slowly trickle down and spread to people we do not want to know. I understand the principle, but it's still really an unfortunate situation seeing as I WANT to move up in the company but am not going to sacrifice my relationship.

Target can't do anything to you if you're gay AND dating a gay team member. Lawsuitville USA is what would happen and Target wouldn't want that. Besides, Target is very supportive of gayness so nothing to worry about.

According to ancient astronaut theorists, if you're a team member you can date another team member unless that team member works in HR. I believe that's what the ancient texts say. So if you want to "hook up" with a grocery team member, go for it.

I make no apologies. I use the word straightness too. Back to IMPORTANT things, Target isn't going to do shit to you if you're gay and dating another gay team member. So if you want to do it, why not?

This is 2015. No one cares if you're gay. Just be gay or straight or bi and be happy. Be honest and proud about who you are. Remember who you are. You are my son and the one true king. You must take your place in the circle of life.

It sucks at my store, so many guys (guests) give their number or hit on me all the time and im not even interested but there is a cute ap he looks at me all the time but no action

I have the same problem.

I just look too damned good!

Attachments

• butchscottie.jpg
    butchscottie.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
So, my store is all kinds of weird. Two of my other TLs date TMs from outside their department, and have for a long time, without an issue. I recently began dating a Hardlines TM (I'm a GSTL), and my ETL-GE lost their shit. Now, I could understand their arguments if it wasn't already happening, or if me and this TM didn't work the same shifts EVER (the TM only works one shift a week, on my day off), but what the serious f**k?

Now, I've talked to the other TLs who are doing this (good friends of mine, under the same ETL), and they haven't heard a peep from the any exec. But me? Four conversations, so far. Talk about a ridiculous double standard much?

Thankfully my GE is quite the P.O.S., and cause my STL couldn't give a rat's ass I let it just go in one ear and out the other, but I just don't understand how it can be okay if anyone does it... except me.

One of the TPS at my store is dating a Softlines TM who's notorious for flirting with everyone of the opposite gender from her and has no regards for other people's relationships. Everyone knows they've spent nights together, but this TPS guy came in one shift with a hickey and I had to teach him how to apply concealer so guests wouldn't comment on it. :confused:

Back