I'm Lost! The Target Dating Thread

I'm over the crush. Lol thank god. Meanwhile the Asian whore is still at it. I always want to laugh out loud when you see her chatty with a guy, ANY guy, then walk right by a Female saying nothing. Talk about discrimination.

We have 50 year old TLs that talk to all of the young girls but won't say shit to me. So it goes both ways

The discrimination is revolting. Sometimes I wonder what she would say if I said something like, "Boy you sure are close to all the men around here. Hehe. You must LOVE working in Mens." (Cause she's ALWAYS THERE!!!!) :D

Don't forget, etls and stls get moved around without warning. Say stl A is fine with the drama so long as it does not impede productivity and morale. This does not mean stl B will follow the same practice causing short term havoc for long term goals. I agree, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Now I think this kid in mobile is trying to wingman for another guy who I've been giving what I thought was obviously the human version of the heart eyes emoji.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flirting is not professional in my opnion if you are on the clock. Sometimes I wish I had Christian Bale on call and could get him to say "are you professional or not" every time a team member isn't professional.

Flirting is not professional in my opnion if you are on the clock. Sometimes I wish I had Christian Bale on call and could get him to say "are you professional or not" every time a team member isn't professional.

Depends on the job, of course.
A little flirting tends to go with the job if you are a waitress or a bartender, even a barista where you can get tips.
When paying the electric bill depends on knowing smiles and a couple of double entendres, flirting becomes second nature.

If people are gonna mistake friendliness for flirting, I might as well do some intentional flirting anyway. Not like I'm bending over, pushing the girls up and getting touchy feely. And if I'm getting these Z racks emptied and the baby caf pushed (lately that's all I do), it's no one's business who I smiled at, complimented, or made eye contact with without turning away after a nanosecond.

Maybe flirting isn't professional, but I have a flirtatious personality. I can also have a conversation with anyone and make people smile, so even when I'm not flirting some people think I am. I've ended up with a few stalkeresque girls over the years.

I'm apparently the same way. One former coworker told me I was flirting with all the girls when I'm trying to do exactly the opposite of that.

I'm apparently the same way. One former coworker told me I was flirting with all the girls when I'm trying to do exactly the opposite of that.
I had something like this happen to me a couple weeks back. Since I'm in Electronics, I'm pretty good friends with the Target Mobile people, and one day a couple/few weeks ago I was ringing up a female guest who was with a guy (I dunno how he was related to her, but I automatically assumed it could've been her boyfriend/husband). I don't remember too much about what I was saying or how I was acting aside from jokingly asking her to give us a good review when I mentioned the guest survey thing on the receipt, but the Mobile guy who was working that day/night came up to me afterward and told me that I've 'got game' after watching me ring her up. He actually thought I was being flirty with her when I assume I wasn't, especially since she was with the guy who I'm sure could've beaten me up or whatever if he thought I was trying to put the moves on his girl.

I try not to. Lol. Although I do find the whole you can't date your superiors thing hot. The whole forbidden thing is sexy. And honestly...Target hires a lot of good looking managers. ;)

The ETL Sales Floor at my store is really hot. She doesn't have a boyfriend either, which gives me even more false hope. During overnights, she would these wear yoga pants that bring tears to your eyes.

Ask her out and for a transfer to another store and you'd be golden!

How I Imagine This Going Down

Me: "Ever since I say you in those yoga pants, I don't think I could ever be happy with anyone else."
Her: "But I'm an ETL and you're just a team member. Target policy forbids us from ever being together."
Me: "That's why I've asked for a transfer. Nothing can stop us now."
*we share a long passionate kiss*

How This Would Really Go Down

Me: "Hey, I need to transfer to another store."
Her: "I'm sorry to hear that. Are you moving somewhere?"
Me: "Not exactly. I want to ask you out on a date but Target policy says I can't date a team lead from the same store."
Her: "Not in a million years. Get back to work."

The ETL Sales Floor at my store is really hot. She doesn't have a boyfriend either, which gives me even more false hope. During overnights, she would these wear yoga pants that bring tears to your eyes.

Girls who wear yoga pants as casual wear are low key whores. They want to show off everything. Especially the ones who don't wear an over-sized tee over them pants. She probably was trying to show off for someone in particular... Flirt with her. Shouldn't be hard to get in them yoga pants. Haha.

Girls who wear yoga pants as casual wear are low key whores. They want to show off everything. Especially the ones who don't wear an over-sized tee over them pants. She probably was trying to show off for someone in particular... Flirt with her. Shouldn't be hard to get in them yoga pants. Haha.

I never have understood why woman are sometimes the quickest to use that word along with slut when referring to how another woman dresses.
As a father of daughters, they dress how they want and no matter how yoga pants, tight top, it may be they are not whores or sluts.

As a man I have found that most of the time when a woman is dressing for someone in particular, it's never for me.

Last edited:
Isn't name calling amongst some usually just someone being jelly? I don't care if a woman wears yoga pants as long she looks good in them. I am against women wearing tights or leggings as pants. If you wear tights or leggings, please wear shorts or a skirt or dress.

Isn't name calling amongst some usually just someone being jelly? I don't care if a woman wears yoga pants as long she looks good in them. I am against women wearing tights or leggings as pants. If you wear tights or leggings, please wear shorts or a skirt or dress.

Nope. Just stating the obvious about girls who wear yoga pants. They're showing whatever they think they have down there off. But you're right about the leggings thing. That is a 10 on the desperate meter.

I never have understood why woman are sometimes the quickest to use that word along with slut when referring to how another woman dresses.
As a father of daughters, they dress how they want and no matter how yoga pants, tight top, it may be they are not whores or sluts.

As a man I have found that most of the time when a woman is dressing for someone in particular, it's never for me.

Well the females I've known who wear yoga pants as casual wear are doing it either because they want to be comfy (which is why you wear a looser top) or they are trying to show off.

People should not wear leggings as pants. We had a cashier who used to wear skin tight khaki leggings as pants. It looked like she was naked from the waist down.

Target is a place of business. I'm not saying everyone should wear khaki slacks, belts, dress shoes, and polos emblazoned with a company logo everyday; but, at the very least, look like you have a job and not like you're prepared to sit on your couch all day binge watching your new favorite series on Netflix.

Last edited:
Me in November...

I've detected it for idk, months, but the target mobile guy just found the courage to flirt with me and it's madd awkward. I don't wanna date anyone at work

Then me in March when I changed my mind about that boy..

Now I think this kid in mobile is trying to wingman for another guy who I've been giving what I thought was obviously the human version of the heart eyes emoji.

There's been a few dates. Almost no one knows. It's only awkward because we pretend we aren't a thing at work lol. When (not if) it ends, I don't think there will be work dramatics or anything. Not my style.
And I still think dating someone from work is not the greatest idea, logically. But sometimes I don't make logical decisions...

we had one of our TPS date (and currently is still dating) a cashier and literally everyone knew and no one said anything about it. As long as they were professional and doing there job no one got fired. She's not with the company anymore though.

Back