I'm Lost! The Target Dating Thread

My only issue with keeping secrets is people are still going to notice any sort of relations between TMs and get suspicious. Unless you guys can work and pretend to only work together and nothing else, good poker faces, it'd be hard I think.
It was definitely hard. We didn't even really speak to eachother at work so no one had any idea. We also stayed off of social media and I never spoke about my boyfriend to anyone at work. It sucked to pretend and act like he didn't matter to me but like I said, every couple is different. This doesn't work for everyone

The TM I work with is interesting to say the least. I could have sworn I saw him on a gay dating app a few years ago haha. I'm pretty sure he's gay but I try to avoid him at all costs. Making eye contact is the worse.
What’s the update on this one :)

I am an electronics TM and my story has allowed me to date an AP TM. He is a TPS. We hid it for a couple of months (which we were horrible at.) When our new AP ETL came to the store my boyfriend came clean to him. They both sat down with our HR TL to go over the policy. They decided that a TPS was technically in the same category as other TMs below TLs. Since there was a AP ETL at the store to watch over me there were no worries about me getting away with anything. As long as we are professional on the clock they didn't care. We've been together for 8 months now and have known each other for a year. Happiest year of my life.
Update??

Somehow managed to develop a crush on our ETL-AP who’s a year younger than me and has mutual friends. Doesn’t help that he flirts a lot with pretty much any girl around. Starting to think he might actually like me because he’s said things along the line of “I’ll let you off with a warning this time because I like you too much for [insert consequences] and we need someone around here who knows how to do their job” or offering greater incentives for certain info to me than to other team members. Awkward as hell because I’m a goody two shoes by-the-book type who would be even more uncomfortable about said behavior if it were coming from anyone but him. I like the attention but not the potential consequences. :oops:

So theres a lead at my store who has been accused of dating a girl he's in charge of by some of his other team members. Theres too much background to the story to really get in to, but it's basically that these other team members heard some rumors and also don't enjoy his leadership and therefore went to HR to file complaints and accusations. Both the lead and the girl they say he's having a relationship with adamantly deny any relationship. How likely is it that the lead may still lose his job over this, over basically hearsay?

Rumor alone wouldn't be enough to term someone over because of the threat of a lawsuit.
A thorough investigation should uncover ulterior motives & demand concrete proof but....this is Target so who can say.

I guess it depends on your STL because my SLTL got to keep her job after the whole PMT love child thing. He was just forced to go to another store or get a new job. Yet still fools around with TMS and denies anything. Tells them if they get caught that they'd be the ones to lose their jobs.

I guess it depends on your STL because my SLTL got to keep her job after the whole PMT love child thing. He was just forced to go to another store or get a new job. Yet still fools around with TMS and denies anything. Tells them if they get caught that they'd be the ones to lose their jobs.

Wow, don't think this situation is that complicated lol. As far as this situation goes, there was flirtation between the two that they admitted to, but nothing more. One of the complaints by the other team members (baristas, it's at Starbucks) is that the lead and the girl in question will leave for periods of time and leave a barista alone while its busy. They go somewhere where there is no camera coverage. It doesnt seem that they can prove where they go due to lack of camera coverage. So it seems like all they have is a coaching issue, that everyone needs to be present and helping out, but they have nothing to prove a relationship.

Loosing their job over being in a relationship with lead and TM is highly unlikely.

In my area the proposed options have been either transfer to a different store, or either the leader/TM has to quit to find another job. Most people with accept transferring out though.

Of course ASANTS but this is what I’ve seen happen a couple times.

We had a softlines TM in the past that started dating the APS turned APTL we had at the time. I liked them both so I warned the APTL that could get him in trouble if anyone decided they had a grudge against him. He said something about paperwork claiming it was okay as long as he could prove it wasn’t biasing him in any investigations. Not sure whether that was actually allowed or not. The girl was on LOA for school most of the time. She transferred out of state after graduating college and he moved on to a better gig. Don’t know if anyone outside my store ever knew it was going on.

Who cares if it's just a TL? As long as they don't work in the same department.

Target is not a brothel. Its a place of employment. So keep your dicks and overheating vaginas in check. There are plenty other places to fornicate and lust after people.

Yeah but, work is a good option to. Especially with a constantly revolving door of new tms.

Loosing their job over being in a relationship with lead and TM is highly unlikely.
Way back in the day when dinosaurs walked the earth and I first started at Target, one of my fellow TPSs started dating a softlines team member. Then the STL found out, and he was fired before the end of the day. They got married the January before last, so it worked out for them, but at least my store takes the relationship rules very seriously.

Back