I'm Lost! The Target Dating Thread

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if a regular team member can date an Etl now that there aren't any LOD shifts?
Short answer, still no if you're following any level of Spot policy.

Per the original post from this thread:

Not Allowed - Stay Away:

• Dating anyone from AP/HR - Not allowed. AP could allow you to get away with too much from an investigation and shortage perspective, and the HR team could give you unfair favors in scheduling, change your punches, and other factors
  • Dating your direct TL supervisor - not allowed due to the nature of the reporting relationship. Huge conflict of interest.
  • Dating ANY ETL regardless of position or your STL - not allowed due to the fact that the LOD is the highest authority in the building and even ETLs that you do not report to are able to influence your position (merit scores, contribution meetings, etc.). STL is pretty self explanatory.
Even if the title of LOD is gone, the piece about influence remains. Since any ETL has influence over your position in at least one way, it's a big no-no.

THE NEVER ENDING QUESTION:rolleyes:

Its obvious that if ETLs cannot date their TMs...so STLs cannot date their TMs either.

The whole thing comes down to conflict of interest. Is there one person who is a direct supervisor over the other.

Basic rundown,
a TM dating a TM. OK.
a Cashier dating a GSA. Thats a little iffy.
a TM dating their Work Center TL. Not ok.
a TM dating a different Workcenter TL. OK.
a TL dating TL. OK but some stores want them in completely different workcenters.
any store TM dating someone on AP. Not ok.
any store TM dating an ETL. Not ok.
any store TM dating a STL. Not ok.

TMs can date ETLs/STLs as long as they work different stores.
What about the remodel leads? Are they considered a different store?

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if a regular team member can date an Etl now that there aren't any LOD shifts?
Sadly, the "regular team member" might have to get a job at a different company. Corporate probably views this as a risk management issue, even though our human emotions when we are romantically attracted to somebody can blind us to why the company won't tolerate it. <sigh> Fortunately, other retailers do like to hire Target's "regular team members", it's considered a big plus on your resume. Wish there was an easier way to do this, particularly since you don't know if this will become a LTR or just a short infatuation.

DOG Date the dog, a can of Beyond chicken with sweet potatoes followed by a dental chew. Cheap date, friend for life. limiting who one can fraternize with is ridiculous. Consider the source.

I was committed to zoning my mustard, relish, salad dressings and ketchup. Never noticed if there was dating stuff going on at Neptune, if there was it was under the table so to speak. Our original STL was cool, he probably didn't care anyway. We had a great bunch of folks when we first started. It was fun.

idk i still work with someone i smashed and a dude that rejected me (this one is in my dept) and things are fine lol im friends w a vast majority of my exes too, like unless it was a huge ass fight or smth theres no reason it should end up awkward unless someone makes it awkward

Back