The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

This cashier at my store that is slow in everything she does. Clocking in, walking out from TSC, going to the restroom, even telling f***king stories omg. And she always has to stop and tell some story or walk to guest service from her lane to get in some conversation. It irritates me because I will be at service desk trying to sort or clean or what have you and she keeps sending over guests to be rung up because she is too slow to deal with a line of 3 people at 8am. Jeez! It's like dealing with a humanoid sloth.
Humanoid sloth! Love it! I've dealt with many co-workers that this would fit.

When a TM goes on lunch and then clocks back in and uses the restroom.

You shut your mouth! Lol, I don't want to waste time on my lunch walking all the way tot he restroom, going, and then back. I'd rather wait until I'm on the clock. Mostly because, my work center is literally right next to the restroom, hence it logistically just makes sense. Also, who doesn't want to get paid to poop?!

TMS NOT LETTING ME USE MY DISCOUNT CARD!!! :mad::p:mad::p
TMs at my store and a couple different ones have questioned the authenticity of my discount card (I guess the natural wear and tear on it looks phony? I dunno). The ones at my store questioned it because they'd never seen me before. I've been here for close to three years lol.

You shut your mouth! Lol, I don't want to waste time on my lunch walking all the way tot he restroom, going, and then back. I'd rather wait until I'm on the clock. Mostly because, my work center is literally right next to the restroom, hence it logistically just makes sense. Also, who doesn't want to get paid to poop?!

It makes zero sense for me logistically, but I take my morning twosie 35 minutes before store opens like clockwork, more than an hour after our 15. If the bosses ever give me crap about it, I'll ask if they'd rather I just do it in the racetrack. Thus far nobody seems to give a shit. Poop joke.

Yea, I pee on the clock. I have to walk across the floor to get to the restroom, because I refuse to use the one the guests use. I don't usually have to go right at the end of breaks, though.

It annoys me if I call over walkie that someone has a call on 80 and no one speaks up to say the person is on break until the call has bounced back a 3rd time. Also the fact that you know there's no red tm right now but you didn't just volunteer to take the call.

All the untrained cashiers that press no barcode when the dpci is on the item.

The cashiers who scan something for another item even though the color/size/flavor is different. It says we still have that top because you didn't use the dpci

I think I've said this before, but when tms at other stores tell a guest how many we have of something without calling us first then the guest is pissssed when they find out we actually don't have it... Or can't find it.

When a TM goes on lunch and then clocks back in and uses the restroom.
I'm guilty of that often on my SFS shifts, but since I'm my whole team and nobody is waiting for me to get back, it's not really an issue.

I do try to be more considerate if I'm on a backroom shift though.

TMs at my store and a couple different ones have questioned the authenticity of my discount card (I guess the natural wear and tear on it looks phony? I dunno). The ones at my store questioned it because they'd never seen me before. I've been here for close to three years lol.
They've questioned my husband's because of that as well.

The cashiers who scan something for another item even though the color/size/flavor is different. It says we still have that top because you didn't use the dpci.

YES. And not only does it mess up the count but then folks will do a return using their card and when I type in the DPCI, the item comes up as not being on the receipt. It can make my day at the SD very frustrating.

I remember (as a guest) getting a coke out of one of the coolers & it had a defect sticker on it (& had been opened) so I took it to the service desk.
A few days later, I saw it back out again. THAT time I showed it to an ETL & HE took care of it.

Last edited:
I remember (as a guest) getting a coke out of one of the coolers & it had a defect sticker on it (& had been opened) so I took it to the service desk.
A few days later, I saw it back out again. THAT time I showed to an ETL & HE took care of it.
That is just lazy! There are certain GSAs/TMs who when I see them on the grid for SD with me, I get really annoyed. The other day, the GSA I was working with would just throw softlines in the cart even though missed salvage stickers were printing out. I kept yelling at him to STOP DOING THAT. The screen tells you when a white or red label is going to print out for an item. He feels like he's one of the best SD people but I beg to differ (and I love to tell him this constantly).

There are people who only close, I have never met cause I only open(In Stocks). I may see them on black Friday. I say this cause it has happened to me.

There are people who only close, I have never met cause I only open(In Stocks). I may see them on black Friday. I say this cause it has happened to me.

I've been at my store for over five years, working all different shifts (especially when I was a cashier), and there is still at least one dayside TM whom I have never met.

I personally get kinda annoyed at TMs who reorganise my register when they're covering my break. Lunch is way longer so I'm more forgiving, but if you're gonna be there for 15 minutes dONT TOUCH

I have a nice system for my stuff that lets me work most efficiently, and it shouldn't affect your cashiering either.

It's no fun leaving everything nice and organised only to come back to the drawer looking like a tornado hit, or my gift cards in a different spot (I leave them in a certain position that lets me easily grab them without opening the drawer and or feeling around for them)

Just,,,,,,I beg u all

stop

I personally get kinda annoyed at TMs who reorganise my register when they're covering my break. Lunch is way longer so I'm more forgiving, but if you're gonna be there for 15 minutes dONT TOUCH

I have a nice system for my stuff that lets me work most efficiently, and it shouldn't affect your cashiering either.

It's no fun leaving everything nice and organised only to come back to the drawer looking like a tornado hit, or my gift cards in a different spot (I leave them in a certain position that lets me easily grab them without opening the drawer and or feeling around for them)

Just,,,,,,I beg u all

stop

I always hated when I'd open the drawer and the bills would be all over the place. And it was always the same cashiers who did it.

I always hated when I'd open the drawer and the bills would be all over the place. And it was always the same cashiers who did it.
There's a cashier who requests change and always leaves the money in the bag and never puts it in, so when someone else shows up they're like hey I need change

and now there's extra change

Guests who walk up yakking on their phone and just expect you to know who they are/what they want. I refuse to wait on them until they get off the damn phone. One 20-something girl walks up today, just yapping away, so I just stood there. She says to whomever she's talking to, "hold on, I'm at the PHARMACY bad they're not that smart here..." I replied, "I'm quite intelligent, I just didn't want to be RUDE and interrupt your phone call." She says, "whatever, I just need my subscription," pick up the phone and starts yapping again. Again, I just stood there....again, she goes, "hold on again, I don't know what this chick's problem is..." I say, "my PROBLEM is that I need your name to GIVE you your prescription and I can't ring you out if you're on your phone, it could be considered a HIPAA violation..." She says, "A hippo-what?" I said, "HIPAA, H.I.P.A.A.... it's a privacy law..." "Whatever, just give me my subscription..." "I still need your name to give you your PREscription..." "What?" "Can I have your full name?" "Britney (not really)" "and your last name????" "Wouldn't that be a violation of that hippo-law?" "No, I need your FULL NAME and date of birth to insure I'm giving you the correct prescription." "But it's JUST birth control..." "I still need your name, I have hundreds of prescriptions here and they're organized by LAST NAME!" "Whatever, Spears..." "I'm sorry, I don't have anything ready for you." "Well, you texted me it was ready..." "Do you have he text?" "Of course..." *shows me the text* "This says it's TIME TO FILL, you never replied, so it was never filled..." "But I JUST got the text..." No, based on the date, you received it 12/1...since you never replied, it wasn't filled. Would you like me to fill that for you?" "Dammit! She hung up! Uhhhhh.....what?" "I can get that ready for you, just give me about 10 minutes..." "Why isn't it ready? I'm out..." "Well, we aren't psychic....since you never replied, we didn't know to fill it, but I'll get that ready for you now (mostly because I sure as hell don't want you procreating!!!)" "oh, okay...I'll be at Starbucks...(color me shocked!!! :eek:)

After she left, my pharmacist says to me, "and that's why I love you. She had no idea..." ;)

OMG YOU MET GODNEY :eek:

Back