The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Guests coming up talking on their cell & I stand there waiting for their order.
After several minutes, they tell their party to "hold on" while they order in a loud stage whisper.
Then they APOLOGIZE TO THEIR PARTY, not to the person who was stuck waiting on them.
That's when I decide to grind a bag of coffee.....on coarse grind.....loudly.

I don't get it. It might be a pet peeve, but at my store we put the bags in the guest's cart when the counter is full. Generally the first time you come out from behind your register to load their cart they get the idea and do it themselves, and it's good guest service.

It is annoying as hell, though.

I don't get it. It might be a pet peeve, but at my store we put the bags in the guest's cart when the counter is full. Generally the first time you come out from behind your register to load their cart they get the idea and do it themselves, and it's good guest service.

It is annoying as hell, though.[/QUO
Well the thing is, half of them don't come to the side, they stay put in the front of the register talking to someone or twiddling their thumbs. Or as happens at my store many times is there is a baby in a carrier inside the cart or a 7 year old sitting inside so I don't put bags in those carts as I only feel comfortable with the family doing so.

It is annoying as hell, though.
If I go up for back up I either will lean over and put it on their cart for them if it's a few things. If it's a lot I will put it on the counter and they do it. Or if it's a few things while they are paying I'll go around and put it in their cart for them. I usually never have a problem with guests just standing there.

I was backing up on the front lanes today and one of the people in line was a TM. When it got to her turn, she started swiping her own items instead of letting me take it off the belt. I thought: "hmm, I actually really can't stand it when TMs do that. I shall vent about it in a thread when I get home." So here I am.

And while I'm here, these are some of my other TM pet peeves: (overall, I love my TMs so there aren't many)

-When a TM calls out but they still come to the store and shop.

- TMs too old to date me and too young to be my father calling me "baby", "sweetheart", or any pet name.

- When TMs engage me in long, pointless conversations and make it difficult for me to just walk away and get back to work. (But if you've got an interesting story, I'll pull up a chair.)

-TMs who call me by the wrong name even when they're standing right in front of me. Seriously?! I'm wearing a name tag for christ's sake.

What are yours?

I was filling in for electronics one time and I was on the phone with someone and a guest was trying to get my attention. He said he had a train to catch and needed a TV for that night. Who needs a TV last second like that? He should've taken care of it earlier.
Should have told him to order it online for pick up at a Target near his destination.

Was the TM off the clock or on break? I would definitely classify scanning their items as a coaching.

Yes, this particular TM was off the clock. But I have seen TMs stop working to just buy one or two things, swipe their own items, and then go back to work. I guess they figure since they're in a rush they can probably do it faster. But it gets on my nerves.

I dislike when other TMs don't say anything on the walkie. If I'm in the front of the store and the electronics call button goes off, I don't want to run back there to hear "The request has been cleared: electronics." as I approach the boat.

I also dislike when TMs take extra long breaks, don't push/re-shop items in the correct location, don't remove gray dots from items that are on the shelf, don't use Smart Sort when sorting re-shop at the service desk, and have deplorable hygiene.

And don't even get me started on TMs that don't respond to back-up at the lanes. (I'm looking at you, softlines TMs who text and chat at the fitting room instead of actually working.)

There are so many things that TMs (and leaders) do that annoys the hell out of me, but I don't want to crash the server.

It also annoys me when guests ask "do you work here?"

No, I'm just wearing a red shirt and khakis because it's Monday.
Speaking of which.

I'm walking into the store after clearly pushing some carts in, name badge clearly on, rocking the r and k, walkie on, and got asked that.

Maybe Target makes people blind?

People like this tick me off.

z194711548.jpg

I always did that at my store and almost did it once at another store until my wife slapped my hand.
It was a habit and I never thought anything of it.
Always thought I was helping.

But you'd never have done that at a store you weren't working at, would you? Exactly.

But you'd never have done that at a store you weren't working at, would you? Exactly.

Just that once and only because I wasn't thinking.
Otherwise I always gave them my card.
At my store, they knew me and it was all good.

Back