The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

I hate when guest return hba products without a receipt. I'm talking about the sketchy ones that always seem to have a cold or runny nose if you get what I mean. Thanks but I'm not stupid. You are pretty much stealing and returning items. I can see right thru your fake conversation about how your grandma is sick and she sent you. I don't think grandma needs 4 oral B tooth brushes and 5 packs of Colgate white strips....

I think you work at my store. So many fricken fraudulent returns that we can't do anything about because we have to accept all bloody returns. :mad:

Superglue in the keyhole.

You want to go full out vandalism I had a friend who used to carry around locking gas caps in his backpack.
Put one of those on a car and walk away, they don't know about it until they go to fill up.
Then they have to call a locksmith to get the damned thing off.

Not that I would ever suggest such an idea to anyone on this forum.
I'm sure no one here would ever do such a thing.

A locksmith would charge $5 and take 30 seconds to remove one of those.

A locksmith would charge $5 and take 30 seconds to remove one of those.
Sure, when they finally get there.
We have a bunch of morons around & so locksmiths seldom get there within the hr.
And they charge MORE than $5 to pop off a locking cap.

I'm talking about driving it to the smith.

What moron would want them to drive out?

The fools have fuel in their tank.

1. When guests pull the bags off the rack before I'm done bagging it. Be patient.
2. People with WIC checks who get irritated that the transaction is taking longer than a normal transaction.
3. When guests cut me off and act like I just swore in their face when I ask them if they would like to sign up for a REDcard.

When a guest (usually too short to reach) tries to unload their cart from behind. Dude, no. Enter the lane ahead of the cart and unload. Now, not only do you have to push the cart forward to get around it and the guest behind you starts to load their ish on the belt, giving you no room, but now you also stay ahead of the cart to go to the card reader to swipe your machine. OMG. Push the cart all the way out, dimwit.

I'm talking about driving it to the smith.

What moron would want them to drive out?

The fools have fuel in their tank.
Talking about the ones who wouldn't discover it 'til they were on fumes & couldn't go any further.
As I said, we got morons around these parts.

When a guest (usually too short to reach) tries to unload their cart from behind. Dude, no. Enter the lane ahead of the cart and unload. Now, not only do you have to push the cart forward to get around it and the guest behind you starts to load their ish on the belt, giving you no room, but now you also stay ahead of the cart to go to the card reader to swipe your machine. OMG. Push the cart all the way out, dimwit.

I've seen a guest who does that and when he can't reach stuff at the front, he just launches the cart straight back on its back wheels so that everything falls to the back where he can reach it.

It pisses me off seeing all the lazy fuckers parking in the handicapped spots. I wish something could be done about it!
What pisses me off more are the ones who park right in front of the damn store while someone else runs in for something. Drive out into the parking lot, pull into a damn spot, and keep a look out! There were 3 cars "waiting" today, on BOTH sides of the drive and only 1 car at a time could get through. I had my windows open and told them "these aren't parking spots"!

For some reason our store is notorious for people leaving dirty diapers in random places. I once found one tucked behind the laptop bags another in a cart of abandons I was working on (I'm sorry what!?) One day I even saw someone trying to dump one on the registry table in baby and I gave her this glare of death and she slowly took the diaper and disposed of it properly.

When we're stocking PFresh, I hate it when guests get pissy that it's crowded in the area. If there was a less inconvenient place for us to put our green steels and flats, we would. One time a guest just rammed her cart into my green steel to move it out of the way and it ran into my ankle while I was on the ground stocking orange juice. She didn't apologize when I yelped in pain, just made a "hurumph!" noise and moved along. That's some bullshit.

Exactly why I hate stocking when our stores are open! People are Fuckin assholes! It's not our fault corporate wanted to be cheap and make us stock during business hours instead to save money.

Back