The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

It pisses me off seeing all the lazy fuckers parking in the handicapped spots. I wish something could be done about it!

Our store has cops driving in the parking lot nearly every thirty minutes. Call'em up.

Never met a cop who didn't want to write a ticket for someone abusing handicapped parking spaces.

My pet peeve: guests who take more vegetable bags than necessary, only to leave them lying around. That's such a waste. Even worse, the parents who let kids play with them. I'll politely ask them not to do it as it affects the cost of items they're paying for. Morons.

Guests in general. The snotty ones.

• guests who are self checkout and say - this isn't very fast. And I apologize go the guest who said that to me the other day and I responded with the snarky - it's only as fast as the person using it. Boy oh boy was I in a bad mood that day.

• guests who tell me it was on the sale rack - and it's not
• guests who can't read. - the sign said if I buy 3 I get 1 free. - I don't want to be mean or anything lady. But that does not mean that it's for anything in The store. The word "Glade" could not have been any bigger. The sign did not mean that if you bought 3 Clorox then you got one free. Glade and Clorox are two different words.
• guests who tell me the water in the restroom is running - really? Can't you turn it off yourself?
•guests who complain the restroom is dirty - so don't use it.
• guests who would rather put things they don't want on top of the soda cooler Instead of handing them to the cashier
• guests who let their kids take all the toys off the frontend side caps.
• guests who want you to add everything up after you give them the receipt
• guests who don't want a target credit card because they have perfect credit and when I say I do too. They think I made it up because I am a cashier and everyone knows that cashiers are low life scum who are being followed by debt collectors.

• impatient guests. I silently wish them to be stuck in a traffic jam.
•extremely impatient guests. I go slower and silently wish bad things happen to them the rest of the day. If they have bread, I squeeze it real hard when I put it in the bag. Then I smile and tell them to have a great day.

Guests in general. The snotty ones.

• guests who are self checkout and say - this isn't very fast. And I apologize go the guest who said that to me the other day and I responded with the snarky - it's only as fast as the person using it. Boy oh boy was I in a bad mood that day.

• guests who tell me it was on the sale rack - and it's not
• guests who can't read. - the sign said if I buy 3 I get 1 free. - I don't want to be mean or anything lady. But that does not mean that it's for anything in The store. The word "Glade" could not have been any bigger. The sign did not mean that if you bought 3 Clorox then you got one free. Glade and Clorox are two different words.
• guests who tell me the water in the restroom is running - really? Can't you turn it off yourself?
•guests who complain the restroom is dirty - so don't use it.
• guests who would rather put things they don't want on top of the soda cooler Instead of handing them to the cashier
• guests who let their kids take all the toys off the frontend side caps.
• guests who want you to add everything up after you give them the receipt
• guests who don't want a target credit card because they have perfect credit and when I say I do too. They think I made it up because I am a cashier and everyone knows that cashiers are low life scum who are being followed by debt collectors.

• impatient guests. I silently wish them to be stuck in a traffic jam.
•extremely impatient guests. I go slower and silently wish bad things happen to them the rest of the day. If they have bread, I squeeze it real hard when I put it in the bag. Then I smile and tell them to have a great day.
The bread one had me rolling!

While back up cashiering yesterday I had two guests who wanted to use Cartwheel. Unfortunately they didn't really understand how it worked.
Guest 1: At the end of transaction the wife pulls out her phone announcing she has cartwheel. As soon as I saw her screen I noticed over the barcode was the red banner saying the barcode was empty.

Guest 2: Transaction ends & the guest asks, "I have cartwheel. Do you need to see it?" I (politely) say I'll need to scan the barcode. She then says, "Oh someone showed it to me in the aisle earlier. I don't know how to use it."
Memorial Day really brought out the weirdo's at my store.

While back up cashiering yesterday I had two guests who wanted to use Cartwheel. Unfortunately they didn't really understand how it worked.
Guest 1: At the end of transaction the wife pulls out her phone announcing she has cartwheel. As soon as I saw her screen I noticed over the barcode was the red banner saying the barcode was empty.

Guest 2: Transaction ends & the guest asks, "I have cartwheel. Do you need to see it?" I (politely) say I'll need to scan the barcode. She then says, "Oh someone showed it to me in the aisle earlier. I don't know how to use it."
Memorial Day really brought out the weirdo's at my store.
To be fair, if a TM is showing them Cartwheel, they should properly educate them on how to use it though.

If it's just something the guest picked up, then yeah, learn how to friggin use it.

Reading another post I remembered this. I hate it when guests who are clearly able to walk take up the carts. Nothing annoys me more than watching a cart run out of battery on a guest and then watching them get their stuff and just walk off clearly having not needed the cart to begin with.

Reading another post I remembered this. I hate it when guests who are clearly able to walk take up the carts. Nothing annoys me more than watching a cart run out of battery on a guest and then watching them get their stuff and just walk off clearly having not needed the cart to begin with.

Then the guests who actually need them have to wait until one is available. At my store, they get nasty about it.

I think you work at my store. So many fricken fraudulent returns that we can't do anything about because we have to accept all bloody returns. :mad:
i feel like all three of us might work at the same store because we're constantly dealing with these guests.

Why do some guests wait until the entire belt is empty before they begin to unload their items (and there are plenty of dividers available for them to put on the belt)? It makes it appear as if the line is longer than it really is, which then freaks out leadership. Twice last night backup was called for because of this when, really, it wasn't needed at all.

Guests that come to the fitting room with a full cart or 2 of clothes, try everything on and then only take 10 or less of the items
Guests that let there children run around taking thins off the shelves and leaving them all over the place and acting as if there is nothing wrong with the kids behavior
Guests in electric carts that go all demolition derby hitting and in some cases ramming repeatedly ALL the racks and tables in Softlines.

I hate when guests get super close to you when you're trying to check out and go home. There's this thing called personal space and apparently they don't know what that is. This one lady was literally talking in my ear.

Guests that don't finish their sentences or ask valid questions. OR, guests that give me WAY too much irrelevant information any time I ask a simple question, thus making their transaction last way longer than necessary. THESE people are the bane of my existence. I hate it when I get a guest who comes up to Guest Service, and they don't know how to articulate the need they have, so they'll say something like....

GUEST: "I got this as a gift." (pause)

Me: "Okay, so would you like to return it?"

GUEST: "Yeah."

Me: "Okay, do you have a gift receipt?"

GUEST: "No, but it was too small, and it was raining today, and carrots are purple because I have a grandma."

Me: "Kaaay, well can I see your ID?"

GUEST: "Okay" (pause)

Me: "I need to scan your ID for the return."

GUEST: "Oh." (few minutes pass while they browse through their disgustingly unorganized wallet or purse that is an accurate symbol for the idiotic chaos they must live in)

Me: "Thank you. Okay, so that's going to give you $20, on a gift card, okay?"

GUEST: "Oh well I just want another one."

Me:
Sloth3.jpg

I love it when you see a Guest approach and you say "Hi, did you find everything alright?" and they respond with "And more" then they laugh, and I have to fake laugh because EVERYONE SAYS THAT. EVERYONE. YOU'RE NOT THE FIRST ONE TO TELL ME.
I like that much better than getting chewed out because we're out of (fill in the blank with limited qty seasonal item we won't be getting back in).
During a time when we were having problems with on-hands, my ETL told us SPECIFICALLY not to ask if they found everything because of complaints.

Back