The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

1. All Stores Are Not The Same (A.S.A.N.T.S)
  2. Racism or other derogatory remarks will result in a mod bringing down the hammer.
  3. Don't use your real name, picture, employee or store number, unless you enjoy the idea of potential termination.
  4. Making your snark clear is fun with the sarcasm font, Courier New.
Commie's sig...

Most of my peeves have been covered in this thread, but here's a few I have to add.

1. Guests who figure out they need a cart halfway through their shopping trip, come across your cart of go backs and take everything out and put it on a random shelf, to include your PDA!

2. Guests who let their babies chew on the merchandise and then just put it on the belt, sopping wet! Or wonder why you can't scan the item after their kid basically ate the price tag! So gross!

I hate when guests try to shop through my basket of abandons and they're like
tumblr_nkowcoaybZ1unt1w2o1_500.gif

And I'm all
tumblr_nkowcoaybZ1unt1w2o2_500.gif

guests who originally wanted to pay with their card but then do a cash payment
in exact change
so it takes them four days to dig all those damn pennies out of their pockets
and another two for me to count them all.

thanks. that was worth a hundred red transactions i swear to god

not super interesting, but i can't stand when a guest throws their items on the belt at me. do people not understand that throwing stuff at me is considered rude or...?
Just no damn home training at all. Whenever guests do that on my lane, I flare out my nostrils, take in a big breath and then push it out really loudly, all while shaking my head. It's gross.

Guests invading personal space without saying anything. I'm on my knees stocking a lower shelf. Old lady comes behind me, while I'm unaware, and I see this old, wrinkly, sun scorched arm pass inches of my face. Not a word.

An "excuse me" would have sufficed.

I hope your Chobani was out of date. Also, you smell like an ash tray and a bottle of Jergens had sloppy sex in a hot car.

Guests invading personal space without saying anything. I'm on my knees stocking a lower shelf. Old lady comes behind me, while I'm unaware, and I see this old, wrinkly, sun scorched arm pass inches of my face. Not a word.

An "excuse me" would have sufficed.

I've always hated when I'm cashing and a guest reaches behind me to throw something in my garbage bin. Seriously, it's my space, not yours, and there's a garbage can like 10 feet away at Starbucks.

I've nodded "Yes!" to so many gripes in this thread, but here are mine:

1. Guests that interrupt me when I'm trying to help another guest. (I'm sorry but this guest is just as important, and I can't clone myself to help both of you. If I could, I would stop working at Target and capitalize on that)
2. Guests that let their children cough all over the place without asking them to cover their mouths (Yeah, your kid is sick, and that sucks, but come on.. I don't want to get sick too..)
3. Guests that feel the need to open a bunch of those Minecraft blindboxes just to look for the one they don't have and when they decide they can't find it, they leave empty or opened boxes all over the shelf and store. (Ugh. Just.. ugh..)
4. Extreme couponers who try to use coupons fraudulently and get mad when I scour the fine print on the coupon.
5. Guests who let their kids throw things off the shelves, onto the floor, and every place but its original spot and don't bother to say anything to them. The worst is when we make eye contact and they just walk away.
6. "Yo Hablo Espanol?" No, I don't speak Spanish. No I'm not lieing to you. No really.. I don't. Why are you giving me that look like I'm trying to avoid helping you??
7. Guests who ignore the express lane rules and dump 30-40 items on the express lane belt before I have time to look up and redirect them to another lane.
8. Guests that insist I search the entirety of the backroom for an item that is out of stock and has no backroom location because they *feel* it might be somewhere back there.
9. The bouncing of those damn end-cap balls all over the store and finding them in my reshop cart ALL THE TIME. I'm sure many of you know which ones I'm talking about.
10. Guests who get upset when the item they found in the sale spot is not actually on sale even though you just handed us a purse that isn't the backpack on sale this week for that price you thought the purse would be. The sales tag says backpack on it, and what you're holding there is definitely not a backpack.

ours finally went clearance and that wretched display cage is now gone :D
Lucky bastard. I had a 10 year old kick one into my face the other day, knocking my glasses off. Amazingly I caught them, and the kid was extremely embarrassed so I just told him not to kick stuff around the store, but they've been a pain since we've gotten them.

Back