The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

I love it when you see a Guest approach and you say "Hi, did you find everything alright?" and they respond with "And more" then they laugh, and I have to fake laugh because EVERYONE SAYS THAT. EVERYONE. YOU'RE NOT THE FIRST ONE TO TELL ME.

They actually tell you in Target cashier training NOT to ask "did you find everything alright" because the CL is too late to find things.

To go along with my "IHIW" post....my name tag has my "given" name, but I go by my "nickname" (think Elizabeth/Beth). Yesterday, we had a guest come to pick up their medication and say "I called yesterday (which would have been Sunday) and 'Elizabeth' told me it was ready & only $5!" Oh really?!?!?! "Elizabeth" hasn't worked since Thursday, so I'm not sure how you talked to her "yesterday;" you have no refills, so there's no way it could be ready; & it's NEVER been $5, even WITH the copay card on file (the copay card only brings it down to $18). Are you by any chance related to the "I dropped it off with tgtcpht" guest who was in as well?

I flove when guests wait until I give the total to then start fishing out their means of payment. You know you're eventually going to have to pay for your crap. Be prepared. Thanks!
And if that means of payment is cash - you can be sure that they'll root through three different places in their purse for the exact coins they need to avoid getting change back.

I LOL when a cashier asks me "Is this all you need?"

I wanna respond "No - hold on, I'll be back. I want more stuff!"

In this case I'm talking about the official Target training video, so it's not ASANTS. Your store is just wrong. Wanna fight?

What Training video? Just because it's an official Target thing doesn't mean that my store will show me it...or make me do it. A.S.A.N.T.S. , A.S.A.N.T.S. , A.S.A.N.T.S.
I think I would know if I was not supposed to ask the Guests a question, my trainer said to ask, and my GSTL always asks Guests right before he pushes the REDcard. Don't tell me how my store runs.

Red and Khakis----√
Name tag----------√
PDA-in-hand-------√
Walkie-------------√
SFS cart-----------√

*subtle hesitation* "Do... you work here?"

4ZdaEMF.gif

Last edited:
WHAT THE FUCK DOES ASANTS MEAN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  1. All Stores Are Not The Same (A.S.A.N.T.S)
  2. Racism or other derogatory remarks will result in a mod bringing down the hammer.
  3. Don't use your real name, picture, employee or store number, unless you enjoy the idea of potential termination.
  4. Making your snark clear is fun with the sarcasm font, Courier New.

Commie's sig...

Last edited:
Back