The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

I hate when guests kids play on the cash registers ( next register) oooh isn't it so adorable!!! They play with the keys while the parents are A- Chatting on the phone B- Talking to another parent C- Not paying attention When the parents finally get a clue they say oh so sorrry!!!!! ( mumbling to myself) ya sure,,,,,,,,,,,,,, They just shut off the cash register........ They just pulled off a bunch of bags!! Another good one is when guests reach over the counter to grab your bags. Rude much?? Another pet peeve is when guests kids sit where I put the bags!

Story I told before was when I was nearly done ringing up a mom's dorm purchase (~$400) when the register went dark.
I looked down & saw a little boy, about 4 with his finger on the kill button; his mom was at the next register over.
I told her what had happened & her response was "Oopsie."
I moved the guest over to another lane while she ripped the toddler's mom a new one.

Guests that stand over you when you're zoning a section they want to get to without saying anything. I go extra slow for them.
When guests pick up frozen chicken breasts and then find the fresh ones and leave the frozen ones where the fresh ones are. Same with sausage, fruit, and anything else that has both fresh and frozen counterparts.

Shit like this:
X1RNOdL.jpg

KYS

Destroying our snack aisle and then whomever stocks that aisle taking an hour because of how much push is in there, and because of the zone.

Makes me glad I have been in BR lately.

Anyone who approaches from the side while I am CLEARLY helping out someone else needs to be slapped upside the head.

And anyone who keeps INSISTING that an item that doesnt belong to us does even though I've searched for it online, using the mydevice, the POS item locate, even item sort and found diddly squat but they still demand a refund need to GTFO. I'm not giving you my store's money.

I always freak out when kids are standing in the carts or leaning over in the carts ( not strapped in) being the nervous wreck I am I gently say please sit down I'll give you a sticker!! I know the parents might get mad but it's better than them falling down and getting injured. I used to say something when the would lay under the carts ( another dangerous thing) but it's a losing battle on that one.......

I always freak out when kids are standing in the carts or leaning over in the carts ( not strapped in) being the nervous wreck I am I gently say please sit down I'll give you a sticker!! I know the parents might get mad but it's better than them falling down and getting injured. I used to say something when the would lay under the carts ( another dangerous thing) but it's a losing battle on that one.......

Darwinism is sometimes extended to those under the care of morons.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

"MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS, IF MY CHILD WANTS TO STAND IN THE CART, LET THEM!"

"HOW DARE YOU NOT WATCH MY CHILD AND LET THEM FALL OUT OF THE CART AND GET HURT!"

Anyone who approaches from the side while I am CLEARLY helping out someone else needs to be slapped upside the head.

And anyone who keeps INSISTING that an item that doesnt belong to us does even though I've searched for it online, using the mydevice, the POS item locate, even item sort and found diddly squat but they still demand a refund need to GTFO. I'm not giving you my store's money.
We get this all the time. They will bring Equate or Wal-whatever boxes and want to know what aisle it is in. We show them our equivalent and they say, "No, I want THIS EXACT PRODUCT!" We tell them it came from Walgreens or Walmart or wherever and they INSIST they "just bought it here a few months ago." No, those are X store brands...

Multiple discount cards. We don't have time to run 5+ different discount cards to find you the "best price" on your $10 rx. Plus, we get charged a transaction fee on some of them, even if we don't actually end up using it, some are as high as $8! Some independent pharmacies won't even accept these because they lose a TON of money just for TRYING them. They have certain ones they will and that's it!

We get this all the time. They will bring Equate or Wal-whatever boxes and want to know what aisle it is in. We show them our equivalent and they say, "No, I want THIS EXACT PRODUCT!" We tell them it came from Walgreens or Walmart or wherever and they INSIST they "just bought it here a few months ago." No, those are X store brands...
Doesn't it usually say on the back of the box "Distributed by Walmart" or something like that?

Doesn't it usually say on the back of the box "Distributed by Walmart" or something like that?
Yes, but they don't want to relinquish the item to us so we can actually SHOW that to them....sometimes, they just have it written on a list. I had one guy INSISTING that we carried "Wal-Phed," which is Walgreen's pseudo ephedrine (or their PE version). His wife told him he could get it at Target behind the counter & that's what she wrote on her list. I had the hardest time convincing him ours was the same thing. I finally pulled it up on my phone and showed him it was Wal-Phed stood for WALgreens pseudo ePHEDrine. Then, she had Equate Ibuprofen, which is Walmart's ibuprofen. Again, I had to pull it up on my phone to show him that was Walmart's. He said, "She's crazy if she thinks I'm driving all over god's creation to get this crap! She's getting what I'm buying and she'll LIKE IT!" ;)

Had a lady trying to return a pr of girls' shoes from Wally. I pointed out that they were Trend Basics, a Wally brand but she insisted she'd gotten them here. "I KNOW you sell them!"
The lady behind her said "Ah, no....those are Walmart. I work there. That's our brand."

Had the lady on her phone even after her toddler flipped over the edge of the cart & hit the floor head-first. We're running for an ice pack while she told her caller "Tsk, gotta go....Jaston just fell out of the cart."
My grand-nephew got his finger broken from riding underneath the cart (shopping with daddy). When my niece found out, she ripped Daddy a new one saying "Aunt Redeye tells us about these stories ALL THE TIME! WHY would you let him DO this?!"

My grand-nephew got his finger broken from riding underneath the cart (shopping with daddy). When my niece found out, she ripped Daddy a new one saying "Aunt Redeye tells us about these stories ALL THE TIME! WHY would you let him DO this?!"

I'm guilty of letting my oldest ride on the bottom of the cart until the day she decided to stick her finger against the wheel to see what would happen.
Yeah, that never happened again.

I'm guilty of letting my oldest ride on the bottom of the cart until the day she decided to stick her finger against the wheel to see what would happen.
Yeah, that never happened again.
Ummmm......I did this when I was younger. Got my finger caught between the wheel and the cover. Almost ripped the sucker in half! Yeah.....that was the last time I rode on the bottom of the cart:oops:

When someone clears their throat on the phone before they start talking. Seriously, do that shit when the phone is still ringing, BEFORE I answer. It's NASTY!!!!o_O

Getting their hair caught in a wheel is the worst.
Yep, had to get a pair of scissors for a mom to cut her daughter's hair loose.
This after emptying the cart & turning it over so the little girl could stand up because Mom was SURE she could just unwind it from the wheel. Nope.
Didn't get so much as a thank-you but seeing her daughter walk out with one side chopped short because of Mom's stupidity permissiveness was reward enough.

Back