The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

*GSTL you're needed at guest service for guest assistance*

GSTL: Hi, how can I help you?

Guest: Yes I'm trying to return this item but it's not giving me the amount I paid for, and you really need to hire employees who know what they're doing, who isn't rude.

GSTL: OK, you have the receipt for the item?

Guest: No

GSTL: Did you pay with a card?

Guest: No

GSTL: OK, in that case I can try to return it with your ID but it will give you the lowest selling price and it'll be in store credit

Guest: BUT I PAID MORE THAN THAT!?

GSTL: Understood but you don't have the receipt so you'll be getting the lowest selling price

Guest: THIS IS RIDICULOUS! NO OTHER STORE DOES THIS! YOU GUYS HAVE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! *sigh* JUST RETURN IT

*returns item, gives gift card*

Guest: I CAN'T GET CASH!?

GSTL: If you had the receipt you will get it back however you paid, but in this case there is no proof of purchase so you get store credit.

Guest: YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I WANT MY ITEM BACK, I PAID MORE AND I PAID CASH!!!! YOU GIVING ME A GIFT CARD!

*voids transaction gives merchandise back*

GSTL: Have a good day sir

Guest: YOU REALLY CAN'T DO ANYTHING!?

GSTL: Unfortunately no

Guest: UNFORTUNATELY, I'M CALLING CORPORATE, GIVE ME THE NUMBER, AND I HAVE YOUR NAME

GSTL: *sigh*
Did you give them the number for AP!!!!

This happens all the time and I'm sure it's been posted before... Guest was looking for a specific lego set, the lego aisle being probably half full of clearance and other stuff since it's all sold out and the aisles are ptm anyway. He "saw online" that we had one in stock, and yea the mydevice showed that we had one on hand, but since I was busy with SFS I just quickly explained the truth, that if it wasn't on the shelf and there were no backroom locations for it, then it "could be misplaced anywhere in the store if it wasn't already sold at some time today". He just squinted his eyes and said "Well, that's not a really good answer now is it" and then waited for a good 10 seconds for a response.. seriously wtf do you expect, for me to get every team member in the building to comb the store just because you want to buy a gift 3 days from xmas? He even wanted to leave his number so that "WHEN" it turned up that day he could be notified.

Yeh, no.
I'll give 'em a balance slip for the giftcard.

I don't know how to give a balance slip for a gift card. How do you do that?

The only reason they want the gift receipt is proof that they loaded the card in case for some reason it doesn't work when whomever they're giving it to uses it.

I don't know how to give a balance slip for a gift card. How do you do that?

The only reason they want the gift receipt is proof that they loaded the card in case for some reason it doesn't work when whomever they're giving it to uses it.

I am pretty sure they come with balance slips automatically no?

I can't remember if I've posted this before somewhere else, but man oh man it bugs me so much. When people stand right across from me while I scan their stuff (instead of near the card reader, where I feel like they're supposed to be) and stare intently at my screen as I ring everything up and like lean forward to do it. I feel like they're way too close and in my space. If you want to see how much everything is, stand near the card reader and look at the thing above it that says it. If I feel like I have to back up, you're too close.
Sort of related, I also turn my screen towards me instead of towards them. I feel like if it's behind the "counter", it's my space and they don't really need to have "my" screen shown towards them.

I hate people who ask questions when they are not in visual sight. I cant tell you how many times Im working on a pull and someone behind me goes " Do you know where I can find light bulbs? " whatever happened to" excuse me". Also not speaking up is another pet peeve of mine. I can't hear you with 30 extra people in seasonal especially if your not in arms or visual reach.

I hate people who ask questions when they are not in visual sight. I cant tell you how many times Im working on a pull and someone behind me goes " Do you know where I can find light bulbs? " whatever happened to" excuse me". Also not speaking up is another pet peeve of mine. I can't hear you with 30 extra people in seasonal especially if your not in arms or visual reach.
I've had people ask me questions when they can barely see me from the first cutout near kitchen appliances when I'm going into electronics. They'll shout the question and I'll just keep walking away. Even had someone try to tell my TL that I had purposefully ignored them (To be fair I did) after being rude and telling them to piss off.

One of my new pet peeves which has happened multiple times in the last month is with my TL's tell me to take my break in the break room instead of SBucks. Yet when I leave they've been sitting in there for hours just chatting away about non-work related things.

Guest stares blindly at the card reader for too long, then looks up at you, "Do I sign here?"
Have some of these people never used a credit card before?
Or "Well, every store is different, so I'm never sure..." Really? You must shop a lot then for every store to be different. Chip cards / green for credit is becoming mainstream. :rolleyes:

Guest: Hi, Can I have a *bla bla bla* cappuccino?

Alright.

*Moments late*

*Bla bla bla* cappuccino for [name]

Guest: WHY IS THERE SO MUCH FOAM. I DIDN'T WANT FOAM OMG REMAKE THIS DIRTY SHIT WITH LESS FOAM.

IT'S CALLED A LATTE ALSDKJFLAKSDJLSGKDFJSLFD FUCK YOU.

Sure... right away.

Guest that either are not prepared or wait until you've scanned 7 boxes of formula to inform you that there are coupons on each box and they "forgot" to take them off so you then have to go back, tear off each one and scan it. Really? You couldn't have helped me out a little and taken them off before you got in line?

In the same vein: Waiting until the very end to hand me 7 rebate checks... Again, you couldn't have given them to me before I started ringing? :rolleyes:

Those are tendered after totaling any way as long as they haven't swiped their card.
Ahhhh. Good to know. I think the main reason I was getting so internally frustrated was because the guest kept asking questions after I scanned each item and then just handed them to me and then it took my check reader like 2-3 minutes to accept each one lol.

Back