The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Yeah, whenever I'm on backup, used gift cards all go in the trash. I was told that they have a transaction history attached to them and there's no way I'm passing that on to another guest. Plus if you get into the habit of re-using old gift cards, how long before someone notices and starts copying down the codes in the scratch-off section in the hopes that you won't notice and re-load their old card for another guest? That's why it's not SOP to re-use old cards, I'm sure.

Fitting room guests that stand at the entrance, you say "hi" and they walk through. Or they ask "Do I just walk in?" (And yes this is ASANTS) but I want to scream OBVIOUSLY NOT. IM NOT JUST STANDING HERE FOR NO REASON..

I may start standing in the doorway... lol update: My TL said that'd be ok, but to be careful with suspicious guests.

Last edited:
Our GSTLs and GSAs were always telling cashiers to NOT save the used gcs but did anyone pay attention? NO! I'd be forever coming back from break or starting with a drawer full of gcs.:mad:
At my store we have little signs at every register that says. "Under no circumstances save gift cards" Yet, here I am throwing a stack of gcs out of my drawer from a previous cashier :rolleyes:

I always threw them out and then one time somebody was like "no put them back in the drawer we can reuse them" and I was like "oh sweet" and was doing that for a couple weeks and then another person was like "oh my god what are you doing" and I started throwing them out again. I wish we had signs so I wasn't "that person" for those couple weeks lol

Wow you have CNN which means you have cable, must be nice, or store just has the basic antenna on the roof :(

In my break room, all that's ever playing is CSI or Law and Order or some crime show... I'm surprised no one's seriously never changed it. One time they had a James Bond marathon on earlier last summer all day and we'd all pile into our BR to watch it.

there wasn't enough chairs for everyone, and if someone's break was over, you had to make room all the way to the door so they could leave.

Good times.

Ours is known for local news and HGTV. Some of the old cashier ladies watch terrible soap operas. When that happens I take my break in TSC

Guest who turn their cart horizontal in an aisle then look at you weird when you try to push a cart or boat through the aisle.

Get out of the way!

And when you're almost out of an aisle with a flat, so instead of letting you out first they turn in and park right in front of you.

Lately it's guests who come in and holler out "I'm just gonna leave this here while I go find another" and throw a shirt (jeans, coffee maker, hat, baby monitor, etc) on top of my gobacks and I'm busy as hell and then just run off and I'm like, what the fuck did they just add to my chaos???

If it's in a bag, fine, I can identify that it's not reshop. If it's loose, then I get tempted to send it back with reshop. Sometimes I really don't know what they've piled on.

Also, when did people lose their ability to form a line? If there's one person at SD, then get in line at least until I can get back up. But when they all swarm at once I have no idea who's first. But I'll stand where I normally do and just help the people in line. Then I call for back up and they can move aside to another register.
It's like everyone thinks they're the only person in the store. They're entitled spoiled brats.

And OMG don't get me started on reusable bags! Jesus I hate those things. They don't stand up, they flop over, they take longer to fill, and the guest never brings enough. I'm cramming $100 in towels, catfood, and Ritz bits into one bag and they're telling me "oh, it'll all fit, just jam it in there". Jesus, buy another bag already!

After 11 days in a row, I need some major venting!!!

Having each of their four kids pay for their stuff when they can't count. I actually don't mind it when it's slow but when you have a long line behind you? Play bank at home..

OMG that happened tonight! I was covering a cashier's 15 and of course I got the family that uses shopping as a teaching moment and the little ones don't understand the concept of "other people are in line hurry up you little shit" and I just wanted to bitchslap a mommy.

One of my pet peeves is people who don't talk what so fucking ever. I notice it's mostly older guys who are done with their day at 11 am, but the soccer moms are the worst. "Would you like the change a certain way"and they just stare at me, so i make their change as annoying as possible. "Would you like the receipt in the bag?" and they stare at me, so i just hand it to them, and they walk away putting it in the bag like i spit on their grandparents grave. I understand if you literally cant talk (my store has a few regulars that are physically mute.), but if you're on your phone when you come up, hang up, and then don't talk? Fuck you.

One of my pet peeves is people who don't talk what so fucking ever. I notice it's mostly older guys who are done with their day at 11 am, but the soccer moms are the worst. "Would you like the change a certain way"and they just stare at me, so i make their change as annoying as possible. "Would you like the receipt in the bag?" and they stare at me, so i just hand it to them, and they walk away putting it in the bag like i spit on their grandparents grave. I understand if you literally cant talk (my store has a few regulars that are physically mute.), but if you're on your phone when you come up, hang up, and then don't talk? Fuck you.
I hate when people talk to me lmao I only say hello and ask if they want to buy a bag, ask if they want a red card, and that is it unless they talk first

I hate when people talk to me lmao I only say hello and ask if they want to buy a bag, ask if they want a red card, and that is it unless they talk first
I make small talk so I can hide the fact that I want to die when I'm backing up. I'm not the happy go lucky "Oh my well hello! Someone must be throwing a party!".

One of my pet peeves is people who don't talk what so fucking ever. I notice it's mostly older guys who are done with their day at 11 am, but the soccer moms are the worst. "Would you like the change a certain way"and they just stare at me, so i make their change as annoying as possible
I get a bunch of seemingly really pissed off old guys / ladies some days. Like I'll make small talk and then they look at me with daggers in their eyes lol. OK, Sorry I tried to make the transaction a little less awkward and uncomfortable geez. Haha.

For the love of everything that is holy I NEED my customers to stop taking 2 tier carts to shop. Look around dim wits anybody else using a cart like that. The worst is they dump reshop out too use it. I really hope one of these people get the "special" 2 tier and ram thier ankle. It would be a good lesson on how not to be a moron.

Back