The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Try working at Starbucks when people reach into your prep area to grab a lid or straws & you have NO idea where their hands have been.

I like the ones who try to get around behind you so they can look over your shoulder to see what the gun says (or the computer at the book store).
Not only do they breath down your neck but they like to tell you how you're doing it wrong.

I had a client today gently set his papers on the corner of my desk and start to leave.
When I asked what he needed, he said he didn't want to bother me cause he could tell I was busy.
It really hit home at that point that I didn't work retail anymore.

I got "snapped" at the other day. I was heading to my last 15, and on my way to TSC I start hearing this snapping noise. I think nothing of it, and I hear rapid footsteps and the snapping is getting louder. I turn around, and this lady is wobbling toward me snapping her fingers. She just goes "EXCUSE ME! I need help!". I just told her that I'm not a dog, and pointed her to the cosmetics brand team member who was about 5 feet away before I continued on my journey to my wonderful last break. I was having a bad shift and ain't nobody gonna pull that shit on me

While doing pizzas at FA one time, a guy whistled for me & pointed to the counter in front of him.
I came over carrying my largest knife & slapped it blade-side on the counter not far from his hands.
He jumped & I quietly said "Need something?"

I got "snapped" at the other day. I was heading to my last 15, and on my way to TSC I start hearing this snapping noise. I think nothing of it, and I hear rapid footsteps and the snapping is getting louder. I turn around, and this lady is wobbling toward me snapping her fingers. She just goes "EXCUSE ME! I need help!". I just told her that I'm not a dog, and pointed her to the cosmetics brand team member who was about 5 feet away before I continued on my journey to my wonderful last break. I was having a bad shift and ain't nobody gonna pull that shit on me
I've had people do that in pharmacy. Or they will whistle. That's when I say, "I'll be right with you" and finish whatever I'm doing....as.slowly.as.possible. If you're going to be rude, your ugly ass can wait!

While doing pizzas at FA one time, a guy whistled for me & pointed to the counter in front of him.
I came over carrying my largest knife & slapped it blade-side on the counter not far from his hands.
I've walked over to the counter carrying a counting spatula before. They changed their tune REAL QUICK!!!

"I'm not a dog so I don't respond to snaps or whistles. I'll be back in awhile to see if you need anything."

--my go-to line while waitressing, most of the time it meant a zero tip but I have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to my personal dignity. I will not serve someone who snaps or whistles for me. Ever. Don't care who it is or who's watching.

Biggest pet peeve is when they ask you a question and start walking away as you are trying to find the information. Like who do you think you are, I'm not following you, you are the one seeking me for help. Its just disrespectful and annoying.

Biggest pet peeve is when they ask you a question and start walking away as you are trying to find the information. Like who do you think you are, I'm not following you, you are the one seeking me for help. Its just disrespectful and annoying.

I hate this. It makes me scream on the inside. Like, "You mother fucker, you're making me yell, because you insist on walking away as I answer you." Maybe the trick would be to whisper softer and softer as they back away. And when they say "What?" answer, "OH! Well you were walking away, so I assumed I was talking too loud."

I also hate when guests ask were something is the SECOND they get through the door. Dammit! Look first! Explore! Where are the TVs? It's along the giant, huge ass, wall, spanning at least 20-30 feet long!!! If you actually walked around the store for 5 minutes, you probably would have found it! In fact they're practically unavoidable!

I hate this. It makes me scream on the inside. Like, "You mother fucker, you're making me yell, because you insist on walking away as I answer you." Maybe the trick would be to whisper softer and softer as they back away. And when they say "What?" answer, "OH! Well you were walking away, so I assumed I was talking too loud."

I also hate when guests ask were something is the SECOND they get through the door. Dammit! Look first! Explore! Where are the TVs? It's along the giant, huge ass, wall, spanning at least 20-30 feet long!!! If you actually walked around the store for 5 minutes, you probably would have found it! In fact they're practically unavoidable!

I'm actually gonna try that trick out, it really annoys me to no end, and it happens a lot. Thanks for the idea :)

I think I've posted this one before in another thread.

Me: "What's the name on the order?"
Guest: "John Guest. Gee you eee ess tee."
Me: (internally screaming) 'I know how to #$%^ing spell.'

To give the guest credit, you might, but from experience, the gust may be tired of other idiots mispell their very easy to spell name.
It is surprising to me how often people misspell my name.

That's me. I work in an area with a large Eastern European immigrant population. This happens at least once a day:

"What's the name on the order?"
"Krestovozdvizhenskiy."
"...Can you spell that for me?"

When guests call in prescriptions that are out of refills, so we have to contact the doctor for a new prescription, and ask "how long is that going to take?" Gee, I don't know, it depends on how quickly your doctor gets back to us....."you mean, you can't tell me when it will be ready?" Let me check my crystal ball......:rolleyes:

Or they call in a prescription on the IVR, get a text that it's ready, then call in to see which prescription the text was regarding. Well, which fricking prescription did you call in, dumbass?!?!?!?!

I'm the opposite.
I'll get a text that (random number) Rx is ready to be picked up so I have to dig thru everyone's meds to see which one it is. lol

I'm the opposite.
I'll get a text that (random number) Rx is ready to be picked up so I have to dig thru everyone's meds to see which one it is. lol
The most annoying part is that we've told these people how to change their settings to tell them exactly which med is ready and they just don't do it. I've even OFFERED to do it for one guest who calls MULTIPLE times a day and she said "No, I'll get around to it eventually....." that was over 6 months ago :confused:

Forgot to mention she HAS the "Healthful" app so it would be simple to do....

"I'm not a dog so I don't respond to snaps or whistles. I'll be back in awhile to see if you need anything."

--my go-to line while waitressing, most of the time it meant a zero tip but I have to draw the line somewhere when it comes to my personal dignity. I will not serve someone who snaps or whistles for me. Ever. Don't care who it is or who's watching.
Yesterday, i had a guest start clapping his hands to get my attention. I just kept walking and was like nope not helping you.

1. Guests who think I'm rude because I won't give them a gift card when they didn't have the right items to get the gift card.
2. Guests who tell me my eye make up is ridiculous (I have designs on my eyes because I am an artist)
3. When my light is off, I'm closed. I wanna go on break or lunch or go home
4. Guests who expect speedy check outs
5. When a guest sees me clean a lane then say "don't put the clothes on there, it's dirty and wet." To their child or spouse. Or if there is frozen foods and they see the person in front of them has frozen food, they complain about it. It's like calm your tits. I can clean it.
6. When I don't give them the right change and I'm a penny or a coin off. -.-
7. When their coupon doesn't work and it's for the wrong thing and I try to explain why I can't accept it
8. Coupons in general
9. Rushes

Very Slow Burn
Grocery Store | Victoria, BC, Canada | At The Checkout, Bizarre
(I am working in a large grocery store on a busy Saturday. Each till has at least eight people in line, and I can’t even see the end of the queue. I am scanning items as quickly as I possibly can and have not made any mistakes. My next customer is a lady with two overflowing carts of groceries, so I greet her and start scanning her items at my usual pace.)

Customer: “SLOW DOWN!”

Me: *startled* “I’m sorry?”

Customer: “SLOW DOWN! I don’t like it when you scan my items so quickly.”

(I double check her bill but see no mistakes.)

Customer: “And I like to watch you scan every item so don’t touch another thing until I’m done unloading!”

(The line up is still quite long behind her, and she has barely unloaded any items onto the belt. No amount of reasoning will convince her to let me start scanning her items until she has unloaded each product, one by one.)

Me: *resumes scanning*

Customer: “I said not so fast! Do I have to report you to your manager?”

(In the end I had to scan her items at a snail’s pace, several people change queues, and when she finally pays and leaves she’s still muttering about reporting me to my manager.)

Next Customer: “Please scan my items as quickly as you’d like. I don’t mind!”

Not always right: funny & stupid customer stories

1. Guests who think I'm rude because I won't give them a gift card when they didn't have the right items to get the gift card.
2. Guests who tell me my eye make up is ridiculous (I have designs on my eyes because I am an artist)
3. When my light is off, I'm closed. I wanna go on break or lunch or go home
4. Guests who expect speedy check outs
5. When a guest sees me clean a lane then say "don't put the clothes on there, it's dirty and wet." To their child or spouse. Or if there is frozen foods and they see the person in front of them has frozen food, they complain about it. It's like calm your tits. I can clean it.
6. When I don't give them the right change and I'm a penny or a coin off. -.-
7. When their coupon doesn't work and it's for the wrong thing and I try to explain why I can't accept it
8. Coupons in general
9. Rushes

Why do you think you can give people the wrong change and they should be ok with that?

You just made me laugh! I wish I could've given you around a million likes!:D:D

Back