The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

Guests who are too busy on their phone during check out. They put their card in the reader, after telling them to do that, and they expect the machine to do all the work. Ummmm, you need to follow the screen, put in your PIN, etc....

I have been known to double scan something to see if they are paying attention, most of the time not so much..

Guests that zone out during the card reader process! I try to politely inform that they have a few more questions left to go. I wish they would pay attention to the card reader until they got their receipt/are promted to remove their card.

Guests that zone out during the card reader process! I try to politely inform that they have a few more questions left to go. I wish they would pay attention to the card reader until they got their receipt/are promted to remove their card.

Just stare. Say nothing just stare. The creep factor as they figure out why you are staring is fun as hell.

Ttog. Yes I am stocking. This is how merchandise is made available for you to buy if you choose a brick and mortar experience. Do not criticize me for "not being done before the store is open". My schedule is decided by others. If seeing the process is disturbing please visit the website.

Ttog. Yes I am stocking. This is how merchandise is made available for you to buy if you choose a brick and mortar experience. Do not criticize me for "not being done before the store is open". My schedule is decided by others. If seeing the process is disturbing please visit the website.

Sorry lady you go complain to corporate. We are doing as we are told.

People who try and intimidate me by telling me about their job and how it relates to mine. Especially those who can't even get the acronyms correct (it's HIPAA, not HIPPO!) I could give a rat's ass what you do, unless you've done my job, don't try and tell me how to do it! Even if you have, I don't care. It's surprising how many things have changed since I started X years ago, if you were a tech "before you had kids" and said kids are now in their teens, you have no clue what we have to deal with!

I hate to admit it but I've been guilty of this one particularly at other stores. Haven't been down to Target in awhile since it's not that close to home.

After dealing with guests I always feel guilty when I ask if a store is "sliding or chipping?" cause I know more places are using it now. But I feel guilty I don't know who is doing what already.

See my above post about the same thing and they are on the phone. PAY Attention!!!!

Cashiering before the chip rolled out, a guy was having trouble swiping his card because he had it facing the wrong way.
Kindly but firmly, I said "Strip DOWN."
He looked up surprised & said "Excuse me?"
The lady behind him cracked up while I turned his card the correct way.

my pet peeve are the customers who snatch their deli order from my hand, the moms who yack on their cell phones or walk away before I can show them the first slice. :D
How about the people that walk up and say, "I need some ham," and just stand there staring at you as if you either only have one ham or you can read their minds?

I hate when guest return hba products without a receipt. I'm talking about the sketchy ones that always seem to have a cold or runny nose if you get what I mean. Thanks but I'm not stupid. You are pretty much stealing and returning items. I can see right thru your fake conversation about how your grandma is sick and she sent you. I don't think grandma needs 4 oral B tooth brushes and 5 packs of Colgate white strips....
Denied denied denied is how we roll at my store! GS will call me over and I will gladly tell them no. As AP I enjoy calling the police so please give me a reason.

Any TMs who don't put the mini dust pans and/or paper towels back in the spill stations. I should NOT have to check 7 different stations to find either of those things.
Oh, I hated that! I don't think I ever had to check that many but I'm sure it came close at times. Of course, the worse the spill the more spill stations you have to check it seems :eek:.

Tuesday Night closes at our store have a few memorable guests that will visit us weekly.

The first guest we simply refer to as "Potato Chip Guy"

This guest will without fail, come into our store every Tuesday evening, take a bag of Tostitos, place them in his cart, wander around... and leave the cart (with the bag in it) in Sporting Goods. He even leaves it in a specific aisle every time.

He will then leave without buying anything. (at least to our knowledge). Our ETL-AP has gotten him on camera, so he knows what he looks like... but we just laugh about it. It's not like he's doing anything bad, and he has become a fixture of our Tuesday night closes. My Electronics TM and I have accepted it as part of the close, as has our ETL-AP who is almost always closing LOD on Tuesday.

Our second memorable guest is "The Eagle." as we have dubbed him. This person will come in at 30 minutes to close while listening to a Walkman. A legit Walkman with a tape in it and everything plus large headphones. He will diligently walk around to every single Clearance endcap and location in the store in a clockwise direction. He will then do an inner loop to hit Domestics and such. Periodically, he will take an item to a price scanner, check it, and 95% of the time put it back.

He will buy something maybe once per month right at closing time, and then he's gone for another week.

We even do a radio callout. Either myself, my Electronics TM, or the ETL-AL will call out on the radio "The Eagle has landed. Repeat. The Eagle has landed."

Tuesday nights are great xD

Back