The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

It's been mentioned a few times re: kids, but I've has ones come though that can *not* keep their hands/bodies off the belt. I had 2 that were probably about 8-10 practically climbing on the belt. Seriously parents? Please yell at your kids. The things that have been on this belt... Geez.

To all those TMs who come over for ice water: STOP REACHING INTO MY PREP AREA!!!
You're grabbing cups, lids & straws without regard to where your hands have been & it's disgusting.
Don't make me get out the degreaser.
I worked at a restaurant for a little bit, if I ever run into you I'll be sure not to incur the wrath of your degreaser.

I always get these people when I'm covering for electronics. I'll take a walkthrough of the electronics area to see if anybody needs help, and the guest at the boat is just standing there. Didn't press the call button, nothing. And when I get there they complain about us taking too long.
If I'm in the store as a guest and I see the electronics TM working on something I let them finish what they're working on. I'm usually in no rush.

To all those TMs who come over for ice water: STOP REACHING INTO MY PREP AREA!!!
You're grabbing cups, lids & straws without regard to where your hands have been & it's disgusting.
Don't make me get out the degreaser.
And that's why I always make sure I have permission before stepping behind the counter at Starbucks, and only after I've recently cleansed my hands.

Pet peeve, when SL Flow extends the arms in NIT past the locking point so that if you were to pull on them to move the rack the arms come off and dump all the clothes in the floor. -_-

The most petty pet peeve I have are guests who walk into the store, immediately go up to the service desk and interrupt me to ask where something is. WHERE'S YOUR LAUNDRY SOAP? WHERE'S ELECTRONICS? WHERE'S YOUR MILK? Have you tried looking for more than two seconds?

Guests who dick around at the card reader as the screen says "Waiting for guest" and then ask, "Can I have my receipt?" totally oblivious that they have to press buttons to continue.

Guest: stands there listening to beep beep beep while card reader displays "Remove Card" then asks "should I take my card out now?"

Oh man, this happens more often that I think it should. *BEEP BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP BEEP* I look at the card reader, the guest and I awkwardly look at each other, then we both look at the reader, then I have to say, ok you can take it out now... ._. As I awkwardly hand them the receipt and they feel all embarrassed. Have a nice day, "yea... yea you too..." lol.

Oh man, this happens more often that I think it should. *BEEP BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP BEEP* I look at the card reader, the guest and I awkwardly look at each other, then we both look at the reader, then I have to say, ok you can take it out now... ._. As I awkwardly hand them the receipt and they feel all embarrassed. Have a nice day, "yea... yea you too..." lol.
I have to admit the first few times I used a card with a chip I did that. And I have to admit that it was at Target where the BEEP is particularly loud.:oops:

Thought of another one that's rare, but I saw it a few times when I first started. Guests that decide the don't want something but then just get out of line and leave the item on the belt. I remember I asked our Pepsi guy if he wanted to bag the item. He looked at me like I was nuts lol.

Guest comes in looking for Food Dehydrator.

I say I have no idea I've never heard or seen one here. Lady just looks at me. I'm just working at SCO.

"Do you have one or not?"

GSA gives me their MyDevice.

I search it.

Lady for some reason is really impatient because it's only been like 30 seconds.

No results.

Search "Dehydrator"

Get 8 results, none of them located in my store.

I tell lady.

Snatches MyDevice out of my hands and looks through the list.

Tell her again there's none here.

Husband walks up. Lady says "nope they dont have it he's useless"

Husband's fine with it, she's not.

Turns around and says she's never coming back to Target and that she will bring her business to Walmart because she knows they have Dehydrators.
ee9.png

-------------

WHY NOT JUST GO TO WALMART THEN. You give me that attitude and expect me to not say "ok" and turn around and go watch SCO again and then take the time to complain that I'm unfriendly. I was friendly all the way through until you took the MyDevice and called me useless.

I just wanna scream at customers sometimes. She should be glad I at least tried to help and be friendly, but since she's older I must have to be her scapegoat and pamper to her needs lol

I told my GSTL what happened after she told me she complained about me and she didn't say anything about it. It all happened pretty quickly. It was "he's useless taking my business to walmart because I know they have them" and I say "ok" and turn around and go back to my duties at SCO.

Looking back at it, I see why she may of thought she thought I was unfriendly after I turned around, but it's not logical. She was all bitch-face to me and I had a smile and I did it all right up until -you know what-. I think she just wanted to fuck with me after and that irritates me lol.

*Lights on, I'm clearly open and ready to bring someone up.*
Guest: Are you open?
What I want to say: Nah fam, I just like to stand here like an idiot for no fucking reason.
What I say: Yea, of corse!

*Lights off, GSTL wants me to move CL... for reasons that I don't know."
Guests: *Says nothing, starts to put stuff on belt, and more guests start to line up.*
What I want to say: Goddamit are you fucking blind, my lights off for a fucking reason, move your shit, I'm bringing this person up because they were here before the light went off--bye.
What I actually say: Sorry, I'm closed, I (or they if I'm going to lunch or whatever) can help you over there. *pointing to CL.*
Guests: *Looks at me with a dirty look.*

Back