The Things Guests Do/Pet Peeves Thread

2 feral cats in our pfresh department. literally saw an old lady bringing them in and petting them in her cart as she touches fruits, and vegetables in my department just last week. I'm like.. i am not getting paid enough to bitch at this lady. Continues to push the 5 pallets of dairy that needs to be done ASAP.
a) Are you sure they were feral and not her pets? Even crazy cat ladies would take ferals to the cat food area to feed them, not the veggie area.
b) Kicking dogs out takes about a minute, kicking the cats out should only have taken the same amount of time.

Guests who put their trash in the hanger bins at SCO when we have trash cans located nearby SCO kill me. Why have you forsaken me, you filthy animals.

Honestly speaking, I still feel this whenever I see guests just dump their trash anywhere in the store but the trash cans...

Guests who put their trash in the hanger bins at SCO when we have trash cans located nearby SCO kill me. Why have you forsaken me, you filthy animals.
This and the coupon slot!!!!! I close SCO at the end of the night and there are coupons jammed in there along with used giftcards and other small trash items like folded up receipts, gum wrappers, etc. like... it clearly does not go there.

This and the coupon slot!!!!!

What is this of which you speak? Our registers won't prompt the guest to select a payment type until the SCO attendant signs into the register and inputs the number of coupons the guest used. The attendant then collects the coupons and puts the register back into SC mode.

What is this of which you speak? Our registers won't prompt the guest to select a payment type until the SCO attendant signs into the register and inputs the number of coupons the guest used. The attendant then collects the coupons and puts the register back into SC mode.

The SCO machines do this at my store as well, but the thing is it doesn’t stop a lot of guests from slipping their coupons into the coupon slot before they press the pay button and then find out they were supposed to hold onto it or keep it aside.

It’s not as reoccurring as it did before the system updated SCO to prompt coupon collecting, but it’s not as every now and then I wish it could have been.

I'm so sick of the shrieking giggling mobs of teenagers that ride bikes around the store and throw bouncy balls at fixtures and people. AP/TL kick them out but there's always another group, every weekend.

I would rather listen to 50 screaming toddlers than be in the same building as them.

My store now has skateboards in the kids node. Who thought that was a good idea? Bad enough to have them scattered all over in sporting goods, but on a main thoroughfare? Do. Not. Get.

I am pretty new, seasonal 18, but the one thing I can't figure people out on, is bagging. Some will want a bag for everything and will rebag the stuff I have just bagged. Then there are the nice ones, who say don't use any bags, I'll just throw it all in my purse!

I am pretty new, seasonal 18, but the one thing I can't figure people out on, is bagging. Some will want a bag for everything and will rebag the stuff I have just bagged. Then there are the nice ones, who say don't use any bags, I'll just throw it all in my purse!
just bag like items together and if they don't like it let them Rebag

When a guest double scans something at self check out.

“I only bought one, you double charged me!”

Yep. I double charged you...🙄

Guest comes to Service desk with receipt and yells at me, your cashier overcharged me. I was charged 2,3 times for this item. I look at the receipt and say oh I see you used self check out but no problem I can fix it for you. Guest huffs and is mad still.

A guest was in the OPU line so I walk up to her with my zebra and say “hi, did you have an order pickup?” (You always have to ask because 7 times out of 10 they’ll say “no, a return” even though they’re in the OPU line) and she said “well I guess I need to fucking cancel it since I ordered it and you don’t have it.” And I was like “oh yeah just go to your order details page and press cancel.” She said “well I tried that but it’s making me press a bullshit reason. I don’t need to put my reason I need my money back.” I said “well it won’t let you do it without picking one so just press the “other” option then if you don’t want to pick a reason.” She just pressed some buttons on her phone for like 2 minutes while I just stood there and then she handed me her ID. I said “what’s this for?” She said “MY ORDER.” I was like “the one you just cancelled?” “WHAT DO YOU MEAN CANCELLED I GOT AN EMAIL SAYING IT WAS READY!!!!!!!!!” I was like “I just watched you with my own eyes cancel your order because we didn’t have it???” “NO, MY OTHER ONE IM HERE FOR MY OTHER ONE WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING WITH ME IM SO SICK OF YOUR SHIT” I was like “not once did you ever tell me about any other order, I asked if you had one and you told me you were canceling it and I watched you cancel it, how am I supposed to know what else is happening if you don’t tell me?” and she was like “if you LOOKED UP MY NAME when i HANDED YOU my ID you would SEE MY ORDER” “can I see it one more time then?” She said “oh my fucking god” and handed it to me and I typed in her name and big surprise, nothing came up. I told her nothing was coming up so I asked to see her email saying it was ready so I could type in the number. She pulls up the “action needed” email, clearly saying her order was cancelled, but I type in the order number anyways. I was like “yeah nothing comes up on here because if you read what your email says it’s telling you your order was cancelled” She was like “you’re really fucking testing me right now, give me my money back” I was like “again if you read the email it tells you how to get your money back” She was like “I’m not jumping through hoops because YOU took my money without making sure what you had, this is false advertising, you took my money because you had something in stock so I buy it and then you suddenly don’t have it and you still have my money, this is such bullshit” like going on and on and I’m like “you’re getting your money back you just have to press the buttons” and she finally did it and then was like “alright is it back in my account?” And I was like “it’s not going to appear instantly, you’re getting a refund which always takes up to 3 days.” She then ranted for like 5 more minutes and then finally walked away lmao but long story short FUCK ORDER PICKUP

A guest was in the OPU line so I walk up to her with my zebra and say “hi, did you have an order pickup?” (You always have to ask because 7 times out of 10 they’ll say “no, a return” even though they’re in the OPU line) and she said “well I guess I need to fucking cancel it since I ordered it and you don’t have it.” And I was like “oh yeah just go to your order details page and press cancel.” She said “well I tried that but it’s making me press a bullshit reason. I don’t need to put my reason I need my money back.” I said “well it won’t let you do it without picking one so just press the “other” option then if you don’t want to pick a reason.” She just pressed some buttons on her phone for like 2 minutes while I just stood there and then she handed me her ID. I said “what’s this for?” She said “MY ORDER.” I was like “the one you just cancelled?” “WHAT DO YOU MEAN CANCELLED I GOT AN EMAIL SAYING IT WAS READY!!!!!!!!!” I was like “I just watched you with my own eyes cancel your order because we didn’t have it???” “NO, MY OTHER ONE IM HERE FOR MY OTHER ONE WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING WITH ME IM SO SICK OF YOUR SHIT” I was like “not once did you ever tell me about any other order, I asked if you had one and you told me you were canceling it and I watched you cancel it, how am I supposed to know what else is happening if you don’t tell me?” and she was like “if you LOOKED UP MY NAME when i HANDED YOU my ID you would SEE MY ORDER” “can I see it one more time then?” She said “oh my fucking god” and handed it to me and I typed in her name and big surprise, nothing came up. I told her nothing was coming up so I asked to see her email saying it was ready so I could type in the number. She pulls up the “action needed” email, clearly saying her order was cancelled, but I type in the order number anyways. I was like “yeah nothing comes up on here because if you read what your email says it’s telling you your order was cancelled” She was like “you’re really fucking testing me right now, give me my money back” I was like “again if you read the email it tells you how to get your money back” She was like “I’m not jumping through hoops because YOU took my money without making sure what you had, this is false advertising, you took my money because you had something in stock so I buy it and then you suddenly don’t have it and you still have my money, this is such bullshit” like going on and on and I’m like “you’re getting your money back you just have to press the buttons” and she finally did it and then was like “alright is it back in my account?” And I was like “it’s not going to appear instantly, you’re getting a refund which always takes up to 3 days.” She then ranted for like 5 more minutes and then finally walked away lmao but long story short FUCK ORDER PICKUP

You handled that situation like a pro. Amazing job not losing your temper with her, or even calling up your GSA or LOD to handle her, even though you would have been in your right to do so. No guest has the right to talk to you like that.

You handled that situation like a pro. Amazing job not losing your temper with her, or even calling up your GSA or LOD to handle her, even though you would have been in your right to do so. No guest has the right to talk to you like that.
No kidding.

Some guy dropped the s-bomb and I turned my back to him and flipped on my light. I'm not listening to that at my (former) pay rate. I don't care enough to do that.

Every single guest who scan the little barcodes on the produce items at SCO will be the death of me.

There’s a Grocery Item button for a reason fellas. Honestly speaking if I can get a dollar for the amount times people scan bananas at SCO throughout my time working here, I would have enough money to move out of my shitty apartment at this point

Every single guest who scan the little barcodes on the produce items at SCO will be the death of me.

There’s a Grocery Item button for a reason fellas. Honestly speaking if I can get a dollar for the amount times people scan bananas at SCO throughout my time working here, I would have enough money to move out of my shitty apartment at this point
report it to the email in the what’s new section, send an email of a pic of the barcode and they can update the system to autocorrect the barcode.

I think my biggest pet peeves are

1. customers come to express lanes with a mountain of items in their cart.. like honey.. this is a lane for people who want to come in and out of target
2. when customers complain we need to have baggers to make the cashier lanes go faster.... yes, we do but you are also just standing there too...
3. when customers let their kids do whatever they want at the store.. this is not the park or your house
4. Customers (older males) acting "extra" nice because i am a cute cashier... I am here to work not have a speed date..

Last edited:
Back