Archived The Yes Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I was curious to know what the “yes desk culture” means for your store? Intially I believed it to be attempting most reasonable returns both reciept and no-reciept to give the guest the best possible experience. However, we have recently been told by leadership that we do not determine what can be returned and to push anything through as long as the system allows it which includes items we would usually deny without a reciept due to high theft and fraud such as hba, chemicals, bedding, and accessories.

I haven't heard "yes desk" in a long time. Originally it was about saying yes too everything. My store interpreted it as, "say yes, but don't be stupid." I'm not taking returns of 7 packs of $40 pillow cases with no recept.

i never considered it a “yes desk” for us as i and other gstms deny returns all the time, but we recently were told we had a complaint(s?) that went to our dtl and now we’re pretty much supposed to return it if the system lets us.

my gstls aren’t happy about it, either, so hopefully it doesn’t last too long like this and anything really shady i’ll still try to handle the same way i always did.

I remember when Vibe came out years ago and the GE-ETL wanted the Service Desk to be the yes desk. AP put a stop to that pretty quick, especially when we were getting scammed left and right because everyone was following the then current best practice.
This. GE and AP should partner to ensure good experiences for legit guests but no scams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back