Archived They should really give BRTMs a key to Guest Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the code. Seriously, With the amount of Flexes we have to do, I know you GSA's are annoyed with us knocking on the door, only having to wait minutes at a time because you're dealing with a guest and it's rude to walk away. They should really give us key or something. It's a waste of everyone's time.

yeah...i'd say a code would be much easier for everyone. We keep our flex orders behind the office door so all the brtms have that code. Is there a reason they don't want y'all to have the code? that seems silly.

It could be because we just never asked but you'd think it's be something that either the Flow/Instocks/or BR TLs would tell us but they dont know it either, We're not a high risk store or anything, and even if a tm did try to steal, the camera \ is right there

that's your store. having flexible fullfiment locations behind a coded door is rare. team members should be accessible to any non cash office location

At my store the Guest Service door is usually left open. Only when our STL is around do we close it (he's picky about leaving it open).

We have one BR set with the key, if someone else gets the pick they have to ask for the key or go to GSA. Keys are annoying, I'm not sure why we depend on them so heavily when we could use codes just as easily.

I don't think our service desk area even has a lock. Neither of our FF hold areas get locked (one used to be the photo closet back in the wetlab days), so that's not an issue.

I don't think our service desk area even has a lock. Neither of our FF hold areas get locked (one used to be the photo closet back in the wetlab days), so that's not an issue.
Ours doesn't either. There is a locked door that leads to the roof and has some equipment in it, but we don't use it for flexible fulfillment. Some of ours are put in bins, some on the shelves behind the SD, and some more in the cart attendant closet. For black friday we added two tubs that were put in the front end office. Those are sitting along with random crap around the gift registry/cart attendant closet area right now until people pick up their orders or they time out.

There's nothing at my store requiring a code except the CO, and the alarms. All our flexible fulfillment hold locations are accessible to everyone, some are in the backroom, some in the front stockroom, and some in the closet that is used for front-end storage.

There is one cubby, FOSA040, which is locked via key, but there's no way in hell we'd give BRTM's that key. It's the same key that unlocks the keybox, the change fund drawer, and the drawer paychecks are in.

We only have two holding area. One next to bulk TVs in the backroom and the other is under the registers in GS. Maybe I should talk to the STL about getting us codes.

At my store the Guest Service door is usually left open. Only when our STL is around do we close it (he's picky about leaving it open).
I had to think for a minute if we even had a door at guest services. And yes we do but it is never shut. Our flexes are not kept there. No room for all of that. Instead they are kept in br or at photo.

Ours is behind a locked door at Guest Service. After the first few times of having to call GSTL over to unlock it, it is now just kept open.

They never locked ours.
Good thing too, I often needed the little ladder they had back there.

Br doesn't need keys to gs. It's like when the br person takes one set of electronics keys to open the electronics stockroom. Why, because he doesn't want to brother electronics tm to open the door. That was resolve when I made the br guy stand in electronics on Black Friday to unlock stuff on the sales floor for 10 minutes.

That doesn't make any sense. All BRTMs are issued Electronic keys at out store because it's stupid to track down a EleTM on the other side of store to open the door when you need to pull cafs. I don't know why your store does that, it's a huge time waster. It's the same thing I'm talking about in the OP. BR should have free access to whatever area they need to with tracking someone down.

That doesn't make any sense. All BRTMs are issued Electronic keys at out store because it's stupid to track down a EleTM on the other side of store to open the door when you need to pull cafs. I don't know why your store does that, it's a huge time waster. It's the same thing I'm talking about in the OP. BR should have free access to whatever area they need to with tracking someone down.

In what way is your store laid out that the electronics TM is on the other side of the store and you're at the door?

its different store setups. their flexible fulfillment is behind a door they don't have access

In what way is your store laid out that the electronics TM is on the other side of the store and you're at the door?
It's not totoally like that

Imagine a rectangle

The E-Boat is at the top, but skewed more to the left next to soft lines.
The backroom is on the right

It would be really inconvenient to leave the BR walking past Toys and stuff to get a key to a room we should have access to just because the Ele-tm wanted to make a point.

Unless there's only Electronic key in the store. Ours have 6. The Eletronic TM get's one, and give it to whoever is covering during break. Flow get's one to pull the autofills

Backroom gets 4. Because no else in the store needs them.

Imagine a rectangle

It would be really inconvenient to leave the BR walking past Toys and stuff to get a key to a room we should have access to just because the Ele-tm wanted to make a point.

Unless there's only Electronic key in the store. Ours have 6. The Eletronic TM get's one, and give it to whoever is covering during break. Flow get's one to pull the autofills

I'm sorry but with store descriptions, it's really best if I saw a diagram of your store cause it's just not clicking for me.

THAT SAID, yeah, you should have the key if you have 6 overall.

Or just have electronics pull their caf

Unless there's only Electronic key in the store. Ours have 6

I WANT 6 ELECTRONICS KEYS. Our store is supposed to have 6 but one is missing, so the allocation goes like this:
1: Electronics TM
2: Electronics TM
3: Photo and Electronics TM
4: TPS
5: TPS
6: LOC-UNKNOWN
And since our store does not allow transfers of keys mid-shift whoever has them is stuck with them even if they have someone cover their lunch. Why our TPS' get Electronics keys I have no idea, since they would need Jewelry keys as well but they don't get those and they can't have LOD keys because cash office and change fund. They should have AP keys so that we could have 2 more Electronics keysets and have them open Electronics and Jewelry.

Imagine a rectangle

I'm sorry but with store descriptions, it's really best if I saw a diagram of your store cause it's just not clicking for me.

it's p bad but here where i'd need to walk if we had to find someone http://i.imgur.com/30YN7Of.png

TPS has and E-key on their key already. Who pulls Eletronics if no BrTM has a key?

Imagine a rectangle

it's p bad but here where i'd need to walk if we had to find someone http://i.imgur.com/30YN7Of.png

TPS has and E-key on their key already. Who pulls Eletronics if no BrTM has a key?

Okay that makes better sense. I mean, in my store, the electronics backroom is right behind electronics and the backroom for GM/PFresh is a separate entity.

yomj.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back