Archived Those awkward conversations....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandma and grandpa used to call each other mom and dad. It always seemed strange to me. Maybe it's a generational thing?

Reminds me of my great-aunt before she died. She always addressed my great-uncle as Dad, even though their children had moved out years ago.

FWIW refusing a tip is considered quite rude and a bit insulting to decline. Politely take and say "thank you."

^This.
Guests at Starbux always try to tip. We tell them (with a smile) thanx but we're not allowed as we're Target employees. Some will walk off & leave the change which we put in a small cup (hidden). We'll use it if someone is short of coin.
One kid declines the tip but hands the guest a survey, telling them that putting in a good word for us is more valuable. Certainly helps the survey score.

^This.
Guests at Starbux always try to tip. We tell them (with a smile) thanx but we're not allowed as we're Target employees. Some will walk off & leave the change which we put in a small cup (hidden). We'll use it if someone is short of coin.
One kid declines the tip but hands the guest a survey, telling them that putting in a good word for us is more valuable. Certainly helps the survey score.

We do this except at Food ave used change/tips in a little cup if someone is short. Starbucks uses the tips at the end of the year to buy starbucks visors.

Non-Target related but in the military I worked in surgery and was doing a vasectomy counseling, which one of the requirements is your wife had to be with you during the counseling. I go through the counseling and ask if they had an questions, which the wife (a brash British lady) did.

Mind you I told them that for the post-vasectomy check as long as they had the specimen to the lab within 30 minutes I didn't care how it was obtained, as long as they didn't tell me how it was obtained (ie: If she wanted to help... "produce the specimen"). She proceeded to ask me "what if my spit mixes with the results?"

Yep.

Non-Target related but in the military I worked in surgery and was doing a vasectomy counseling, which one of the requirements is your wife had to be with you during the counseling. I go through the counseling and ask if they had an questions, which the wife (a brash British lady) did.

Mind you I told them that for the post-vasectomy check as long as they had the specimen to the lab within 30 minutes I didn't care how it was obtained, as long as they didn't tell me how it was obtained (ie: If she wanted to help... "produce the specimen"). She proceeded to ask me "what if my spit mixes with the results?"

Yep.

At least they allowed him a happy ending.

I had a guest tonight ask for a gift receipt for an item she bought. It was a "personal" vibrator! ( I didn't even know we had these.) She started giggling as did her friends. They explained it was for a bachlorette party. They said their friend was going to "die" when she opened that. I said that I hoped I was working service desk if she returned it. They all left giggling like a bunch of high schoolers.
That wasn't as strange as days before a guy went through my lane and bought a small watermelon and a box of condoms.:huh:

Did I read somewhere that watermelon is supposed to be an aphrodisiac? Or did I just make that up?

I had a guest tonight ask for a gift receipt for an item she bought. It was a "personal" vibrator!

It's really funny what the POS thinks is an appropriate item to automatically print a gift receipt for. This past week alone, I've seen the register print out gift receipts for Plan B (the morning-after pill) and diabetic supplies. Each time, it was the only thing the guest was purchasing, so it couldn't have been anything else that triggered the automatic gift receipt, unless it was the dollar value (both were kinda pricey).

It's really funny what the POS thinks is an appropriate item to automatically print a gift receipt for. This past week alone, I've seen the register print out gift receipts for Plan B (the morning-after pill) and diabetic supplies. Each time, it was the only thing the guest was purchasing, so it couldn't have been anything else that triggered the automatic gift receipt, unless it was the dollar value (both were kinda pricey).

I think it depends on the price. Higher-dollar items will trigger an automatic gift receipt.

Once while I was on a lane I rang up a couple with a young child, a boy. I noticed the boy had a huge scrape on his forehead, so I stated to the mom, oh...boys play so rough don't they.....she then proceeded to tell me they were in a car accident earlier that day and the little boy had been thrown throught the windshield and hit his head on the pavement......I thought I was gonna pass out from sticking my foot so far up my own mouth.....the boy was in good spirits and I had to hug him.....they had come to the pharmacy to get their perscriptions and got him a new toy.......to this day I NEVER comment on anything about guests anymore.......I felt like a dang fool......

If a kid was thrown through a car windsheild, I don't think they would have been at Target later that day.

If a kid was thrown through a car windsheild, I don't think they would have been at Target later that day.

You know I had initially thought the same thing....but seeing the hospital bands and seeing the story on the news......I just know an angel surrounded that family that day......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back