Archived Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to give a suggestion to my leadership I guess. That sounds like a really good idea. There's nights I've covered closing shifts and I know for a fact the br tm is trying to find things to do even. He's thanked me before for pushing so many cafs, that he had nothing to do thanks to me. When I left on Friday, I said to him jokingly that if he got bored later, he could pull the three pogs in the gun and put them on the line with pull clips :D lol. Me and him always joke. He said he won't make any promises lol

I wish I could get anywhere close to the adjacency hours. Working at a ULV store makes things so much harder when you only get 2100 hours for the store during POG weeks of 250 hours. Not to mention trying to be as productive in a 7am process as a 4am / overnight one.

2 weeks out it's another 220+ hour week and I'll be lucky to see 175.

I also have three plano team members on my team. I do get the hours needed to set planos plus sales planers. I will schedule trained sales floor team member to help set and stock team members to stock if needed. I schedule brand team members to set tables and adj. It works in my store.

I'm a PA and map out/schedule all the Sales planners for PFresh/Dry Market, for myself, the other PA, and my TL. I'm honestly surprised to see a PTL saying they set Sales Planners it makes me wonder why my PTL can't.

I'm a PA and map out/schedule all the Sales planners for PFresh/Dry Market, for myself, the other PA, and my TL. I'm honestly surprised to see a PTL saying they set Sales Planners it makes me wonder why my PTL can't.
If they are not given the hours they can't. I map out all sale planners, all adj. Tell you where they should go just like a plano. I get all the hours for sales planners. I will give trained sales floor team members hours if my team has a full schedule. But I control what gets set on what day. Sometimes a TL will come to me and ask if they can set in there area if I can't get there and it's blown.

We finished setting all the domestics and small appliances but still have three of them to pull, but we have like beer pogs and shoes that are pogs and some Halloween plus all the revisions. It feels like we had a crap ton of pogs last week even with a full 40. I hate moving the beer lol. We don't even set the sale planners. Sales floor does

Your vendors should be moving beer. We had our wine, bread, and beer vendors scheduled to come in to move and push their product. All we did was put in labels and clean. I always partner with the CTL ahead of time and she calls them and they tell me what day they are coming.

No one should be pulling there pogs. There is no way a Pog team can strip, clean,set pull,stock, scan, put up all signing, change capacity. Something has to go. That would be pulling never been planos job. Anyone remember closed stock rooms only back room team members pulled or back stocked. I put pogs in the day before. They are pulled and ready to go by 4am the day we set. We are not a overnight store.
Back when I was a sales floor TL I would put in my sales planner batches the day before and they would get pulled and staged. We aren't allowed to stage anymore and I can't drop any earlier then when I am actually setting so I am stuck hounding the BR to get my batches out quickly. At least they are pulling though so I really can't complain.

We have etl sl/hl/ge who basically does all that. I really like this person. He is always on the floor and setting end caps. We as Plano only set the perm ec, and often they are set with other sales planners, so we have to move them. Like my team moves them lol

Back when I was a sales floor TL I would put in my sales planner batches the day before and they would get pulled and staged. We aren't allowed to stage anymore and I can't drop any earlier then when I am actually setting so I am stuck hounding the BR to get my batches out quickly. At least they are pulling though so I really can't complain.
To bad ours are pulled and staged for a few hours. We haven't had any problems with flexible fulfilment.
I wish I could get anywhere close to the adjacency hours. Working at a ULV store makes things so much harder when you only get 2100 hours for the store during POG weeks of 250 hours. Not to mention trying to be as productive in a 7am process as a 4am / overnight one.

2 weeks out it's another 220+ hour week and I'll be lucky to see 175.
I understand what your saying. I know someone in a ULV store. There Pog team starts at 6am we start at 4am, big difference. But it doesn't help if you have to pull.

Last edited:
We use to pull our own pogs but they stopped allowing it. We now have to tell backroom and wait for them to pull them. It can take forever for them to actually do that though, so getting any planograms done on time is next to impossible.

I also have three plano team members on my team. I do get the hours needed to set planos plus sales planers. I will schedule trained sales floor team member to help set and stock team members to stock if needed. I schedule brand team members to set tables and adj. It works in my store.

So your pog team gets all softlines adjacency hours as well? I really wish they would do this in my store.. my softlines tl can't manage her time and get anything done.

So your pog team gets all softlines adjacency hours as well? I really wish they would do this in my store.. my softlines tl can't manage her time and get anything done.
I let hr know what is needed to complete the adj and tables then I schedule the soft line team members to set. This could change on Monday our new VML is on board.....first day for her....can't wait.

No one should be pulling there pogs. There is no way a Pog team can strip, clean,set pull,stock, scan, put up all signing, change capacity. Something has to go. That would be pulling, its never been planos job. Anyone remember closed stock rooms only back room team members pulled or back stocked. I put pogs in the day before. They are pulled and ready to go by 4am the day we set. We are not a overnight store.

Amen to that. I wish my team didn't have to pull. Our backroom team is a mess so I don't see that happening any time soon.

Scanning research (at least for my team) doesn't happen unless it's a really light week (and usually I'm the one who does it). Now we're going to start working on integrating capacity changes into our routines.

Whoever decides how much time a pog or revision needs to get done, should get there head checked out. It seems that the workload each week goes down. I seen my average hours go down dramatically. It's funny how corporate wants the sales floor to do most work that the presentation team did before. I guess they are trying to get rid of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back