Archived Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Background:: I've only been working at Target for two weeks and I'm on Plano

Today my TL was getting all bent out of shape because we're getting behind on everything. I'm going as fast as I with some really complicated POGs, while still doing it well.
So we're told "It needs to be done" but also "don't clock out a second later than you're scheduled".

So which is it?!

I understand the overtime policy, but I wouldn't mind staying when there's things to do.

Also, even with my vast two weeks of experience, I can see that these "Smart Huddles" are a waste of time. How am I supposed to efficiently navigate these stupid POGs when I have to drop everything and go push PFresh or zone seasonal?

You cut corners. Don't clean. Put up grey a couple grey dots instead of scanning the entire aisle for research. Don't do the signing.

My guess is that your tl won't have time check everything.

We've cut way back on cleaning overall. You want or clean?

By the way, we need two up for some backups. Lol.

Just do like my pog team does and leave your signing for the signing tm, don't drop pulls or push your staged pallets...let sales floor do that, but still scan some half assed research and let sales floor work that too. And don't worry, you don't need to respond to back up...you're exempt bc your work is too important.

Sorry, been having lots of issues with my pog team and their TL the last few months.

Just do like my pog team does and leave your signing for the signing tm, don't drop pulls or push your staged pallets...let sales floor do that, but still scan some half assed research and let sales floor work that too. And don't worry, you don't need to respond to back up...you're exempt bc your work is too important.

Sorry, been having lots of issues with my pog team and their TL the last few months.

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if our POG team went through a group mental breakdown....Their stuff is never done, they research incorrectly (ie scanning something that's full and marking it as empty), and when I do see them, usually at the end of their shifts, they're just standing around talking and laughing.

I went through the same feeling. Get a duster ands quickly sweep the shelves. Take off all clearance first and push it to the back with a tag on it. It's not your workload to merchandise it. Some resets is more efficient to bring and extra shopping cart and download your product into them. I hate downloading into a flat or tub because of the bending up and down all day. Download and set the first two or three sections, and sometimes product from the unset aisle are swapping over, which kills two birds with one stone.once you get more time under your belt, you learn 'tricks' or whatever that makes it go quicker.

My pog team won't even look at a display. They may glance at a sign or the backerpaper if I'm lucky. Now even softlines is in on the act wanting me to put up all the little VA signs too.

I keep getting told "Its part of your(my) workload." My workload seems to be getting bigger by the day but I can't do anymore I already give 100%.

My pog team won't even look at a display. They may glance at a sign or the backerpaper if I'm lucky. Now even softlines is in on the act wanting me to put up all the little VA signs too.

I keep getting told "Its part of your(my) workload." My workload seems to be getting bigger by the day but I can't do anymore I already give 100%.
I know right? And any time they actually try to do it, it's not done right.

Wow. I get wanting to be 100% done with the workload but I tell my team that whatever we do needs to be 100%. I would rather be 50% on TWT then set a half assed planogram. We clean/scrape shelves or change them out, sign, and put up our own displays unless my signing TM is helping us. We do the smart huddle, push pulls and abandons some days, and help with fast service. This small appliance transition has been hell though. Half the displays don't match the planogram, there are things on the line listing that comes up that we don't sell it in our store, the whole thing is jacked up. I finished price change today and went over and helped with displays since they were all messed up.

Your team lead might be getting pressure from your ETL to just get it done. I tell my team that we need to finish all the time and most of the time we do. This week I don't see it happening but I am still telling them we need to finish. In the end I know they are doing the best they can and that's all I can ask of them.

It really isn't my fault if the signs are no where to be found, which is a common issue for my store I guess. I won't waste 30 or more minutes twiddling my thumbs in the signing area and debating pointless crap if I can't find it back there in a matter of minutes. Getting the product out is my priority and if there is an issue of missing backer paper, I make sure my tl and signing is fully aware of it and what to substitute it with if anything. By the way, shelves and pegs and fixtures are always 100% set to height and specification. I know it's better than a tied end cap which isn't set, quite a few at my work place like this.

Last edited:
You cut corners. Don't clean. Put up grey a couple grey dots instead of scanning the entire aisle for research. Don't do the signing.

My guess is that your tl won't have time check everything.

We've cut way back on cleaning overall. You want or clean?

By the way, we need two up for some backups. Lol.
Unknown I'm so glad you don't work for me. I agree I don't like the huddle. Today I sent my pricechange team and myself. It took 15 minutes. Lizmatt I understand your only two weeks in, you have a lot to learn. Please don't take short cuts at this point it will just make you and your team look bad. You must clean, replace bad or dirty label holders. Scan all outs, print and place all display and ad signing. And yes your pptl will check. If they don't someone else will, it will fall back on you and your team. If you have a good PPTL she or he will be setting with you. Hang in there plano is the best job in the store.

That is the first person I contact. I'm quite able to locate my own signing, but if it isn't being found in the area it's stored, I ask for help in locating. Which more likely than not means they won't be able to find it either.

I don't know what is wrong with some of these stores. I don't know if its because I've been doing this job for so long, but its not like that in my store. I put Pog fills in the day before we set. We push our own pulls, we work our truck for the plano we set. We scan all outs we put up our own signing we strip and clean all new pogs. I do have an amazing sign person who takes a lot of the signing off our plate. And yes sometimes the push is huge, for example seasonal, mini seasonal, that's when I ask for help from the stock team or sometimes the in stocks team (we have a very large in stocks team). And yes this job is VERY IMPORTANT!!! Try stocking or zoning or even shoping in a isle that is not planogramed. The work load is huge try walking in there shoes for a minute.

That is the first person I contact. I'm quite able to locate my own signing, but if it isn't being found in the area it's stored, I ask for help in locating. Which more likely than not means they won't be able to find it either.

Sadly that isn't the problem in my store. No one asks for there signs, they just leave it for me. Heck if it's a revision they don't even tell me X is done and needs a sign. I just have to scan every sign and see if any locs pop up for it.

Sadly that isn't the problem in my store. No one asks for there signs, they just leave it for me. Heck if it's a revision they don't even tell me X is done and needs a sign. I just have to scan every sign and see if any locs pop up for it.
Why doesn't your pptl help you out. I place the work for each team in slots on my desk Monday through Friday with each team members name. My sign person then separates the signing by day she will even put there name on the box. She will also get there label strips for them. I love her she's been working for me for the past 25 years. She makes my life so much easier.

Look, we have no new 4 ft labels to even replace the old ones, or I'd gladly rip the old ones with their former pog label strips in it and toss it in the compactor. We have used them all and I wish there was boxes and boxes to be had each day. I check each day for a new box and I am unhappy each time there isn't. You can't imagine how sad it is for me to pull strips from the old pogs and they are filthy from years past. If you think we don't push all transition, you're wrong. We push it all ourselves. We pull all for every planogram. One of us will pull what's in the gun. And yes we scan all outs, and flex with flip labels out of stock items. We also zone to planogram shoes. Sorry for your shoe 'backstock' mrs.

Why doesn't your pptl help you out. I place the work for each team in slots on my desk Monday through Friday with each team members name. My sign person then separates the signing by day she will even put there name on the box. She will also get there label strips for them. I love her she's been working for me for the past 25 years. She makes my life so much easier.

Sadly he is part of the problem.

Unknown I'm so glad you don't work for me. I agree I don't like the huddle. Today I sent my pricechange team and myself. It took 15 minutes. Lizmatt I understand your only two weeks in, you have a lot to learn. Please don't take short cuts at this point it will just make you and your team look bad. You must clean, replace bad or dirty label holders. Scan all outs, print and place all display and ad signing. And yes your pptl will check. If they don't someone else will, it will fall back on you and your team. If you have a good PPTL she or he will be setting with you. Hang in there plano is the best job in the store.

You think I like taking shortcuts? Lol

We had an 1 1/2 smart huddle the other day.

When the pptl is off, our Etl log will come up with crazy stuff.

Once, he asked one of the guys on the pog team to "pop over" and set the broom/mop aisle. I swear, the guy was done in less than an hour. Yeah, he cleaned. I bet he didn't even print labels for the hanging brooms.

But guess who was beaming ear to ear? The ETL.

So you can say whatever you want, but when it comes down to it, they want that TWT at 100%.

It's one thing if you look and ask for help and the signing TM still can't find it, it's another to just not look or ask like some other people have posted about.

Look, we have no new 4 ft labels to even replace the old ones, or I'd gladly rip the old ones with their former pog label strips in it and toss it in the compactor. We have used them all and I wish there was boxes and boxes to be had each day. I check each day for a new box and I am unhappy each time there isn't. You can't imagine how sad it is for me to pull strips from the old pogs and they are filthy from years past. If you think we don't push all transition, you're wrong. We push it all ourselves. We pull all for every planogram. One of us will pull what's in the gun. And yes we scan all outs, and flex with flip labels out of stock items. We also zone to planogram shoes. Sorry for your shoe 'backstock' mrs.
I have 2 pallets of new 4" label strip holders, a pallet of basedecks, and a pallet of new shelves on hand at all times so we can change out the nasty ones that we can't clean or broken things. It is very easy to have new label strips on hand. How is your TL not responsible for those things?

Tell your pptl to order new ones. we always have new label holders pegs included on hand because we order them they don't come automatically. We like our store looking nice. Obviously this is not your fault, but it is your leaders fault

If I didn't know better I'd say you worked with me. Clearly you are in my stores twin. I am constantly a day behind the team or more. Our pptl plans the week, but constantly takes someone for pricing it changes the days work at the last minute, aka after I punch out and go home. If my kids weren't slow to get started in the morning I'd never know what they were up to.
I'll ship you some. We have half a pallet from me ordering them in pfresh thinking they were the black ones...

You think I like taking shortcuts? Lol

We had an 1 1/2 smart huddle the other day.

When the pptl is off, our Etl log will come up with crazy stuff.

Once, he asked one of the guys on the pog team to "pop over" and set the broom/mop aisle. I swear, the guy was done in less than an hour. Yeah, he cleaned. I bet he didn't even print labels for the hanging brooms.

But guess who was beaming ear to ear? The ETL.

So you can say whatever you want, but when it comes down to it, they want that TWT at 100%.
We are green most of the time and our planos are clean, stocked,and signed
It's one thing if you look and ask for help and the signing TM still can't find it, it's another to just not look or ask like some other people have posted about.
I have 2 pallets of new 4" label strip holders, a pallet of basedecks, and a pallet of new shelves on hand at all times so we can change out the nasty ones that we can't clean or broken things. It is very easy to have new label strips on hand. How is your TL not responsible for those things?
Exactly!!!!

You plano folks aren't alone, I am a PA and instead of getting that VALUABLE RARE time to go hunting for out-dates, I am over in Hosiery 4x4ing making jokes about how I have no clue what i am doing, and that I hope Steritech appreciates how nicely folded these yoga pants are. While being walkied by a TM or Two because a few Vendors need assistance/clarification. BR TM pages me to let me know my Sales Planner is on the line, that I haven't even gotten to stripping yet, because I was filling Milk and/or Bananas/SDAing, Trying to TPC, culling, changing the sanitizer/couponing/putting up TPC signs, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back