Archived Tidy Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh. So last night, we had a guy come in and grab 10 of the 35 lb buckets of Tidy Cat off the shelves and come up to the lanes and insist that we had to give it to him at 90% off because it was in an orange bucket and had a Halloween label on it. I argued with this guy for 20 minutes over this stupid idea....hell, it's even the same UPC as the normal packaging. He tried to accuse us of everything to fraud, to false advertising, it was absurd. He said another store in the area did it, blah, blah, blah. The LOD and I finally got him on his way. I grumbled for a bit and went to lunch.

While I was at lunch, the guy came back with a receipt showing that he did, indeed, get it for 90% off at another store, and they said we would price match it.

Uhh...no. Go away.

So he did. As we were discussing this amongst ourselves, apparently it came out that this was on the internet that people were doing this and getting away with it. Seriously? Some stores are stupid. And there are days I hate the Internet.

The guy came back. This time with his phone so he could call corporate and tattle on us for not giving it to him at 90% off. The LOD goes back up there, talks to corporate, and is informed that the policy is that if it is Halloween anything, stores have to give it to the guest at 50% off, but are allowed to knock it down even more if they want. Where this guy came up with this policy, we would love to know.

So the guy says he will go get them and take his 50% off. I told the cashiers to do it, don't call me over, and let's get this guy out of here.

A half hour later the LOD pointed out to me that the guy had left without buying anything, so even though we didn't win, we didn't lose, either. I looked at the display, and said, "huh...corporate policy is 50% off?" The
LOD laughed at me and said, "yep, how many do you want?" I took two.

Thanks for the discount, Spot!

Did your LOD call corp on his own or did he talk to 'corp on this guy's phone'?
We had a guest who would say she had corp on the phone who would get outrageous requests honored until a sharp-eyed SDTM looked at the number on the lady's phone & insisted on calling corp from the service desk.
Apparently, a former SDTM who was termed knew exactly what to say.
Haven't seen the guest since.

Since they said 50%, we're sure it was corporate....especially since the guy wasn't okay with that price. But good grief.

Someone asked me about that- I told them it was regular price and would not change because it was the same DCPI/UPC as regular tidy cats, just different packaging.

We did have a TM/shady guest dump a bunch of random stuff on our 90% off endcap that we had to give to them since there was a ton of it there.

We began stocking the regular tidy cat with it on the endcap, seemed to work. Hasn't been an issue here at all.

We had the same issue too. We told the guest, no. Some spot store & got blogged on the Internet. My old asked for proof of the advertisement of 90% off. The guest could not provide one. I was ready to buy all that cat litter if my lod had Said yes to the guest.

Last edited:
Well, apparently the policy was 50% off, so they were just informing RG what she didn't know.

Except the LOD they told that to, the aptl, and I have never heard of such policy, and between the three of us, probably know pretty much everything Target related. So no, we don't really believe there is such policy, and that was made up on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back