Archived Timeclock glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart621

Flow Driver
So I have 1.5 hrs of overtime so I took a long lunch so I don’t have to cut anything tomorrow.

I clocked in

0516 (stark work), 1029 (start meal), 1230 (end meal), and 1331 (end work)

For some reason it’s still saying I worked 7.48 hrs

Any time I have OT, I go on myTime and see all my hours and subtract from 40 and work those few hours on my last day in the week and yay! I go home early!!:)

Oooooh now I have an idea. Something like this happened to me. It thinks you have a missing punch!

One time I was in a similar situation where I had to cut a ton of time, so I worked for a couple hours, then took a 3 hour lunch, then worked for about 35 minutes (enough to cover someone else's lunch), then took another 3 hour lunch, and then clocked back in for a couple hours to finish my shift. It's so abnormal that myTime thinks I worked for a while, then took a 35 minute lunch, then kept working, and it thinks there is at least one missing punch in there. It wouldn't make sense to take a lunch for a longer time than one of the portions of work, which is similar to your situation (2 hour lunch, and then you clocked back in for only 1 hour).

The math looks like it works out pretty well because you worked for a little under 5.5 hours to start your day, then took a 2 hour lunch, then worked for 1 hour. You really only worked for about 6.5 hours. However, if it counts your lunch as work and it counts the end of your day as a lunch, then you worked for about 5.5 hours, then worked for about 2 more hours, then had an hour long lunch, which results in a total work time of just under 7.5 hours, which is what myTime is reporting.

My ETL-HR had to call HROC and they really struggled to get it fixed. In the end, I avoided OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back