Archived TLs and ETLs constantly talk behind your back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a TL. For your own good please ask each team lead and etl what they think about you and your performance, the good and the bad. Ask what they say to other leads about you.

They put so much pressure on EVERYONE based on every move you make and you are on camera at all times. I was called into the AP office three times while doing my job because they were targeting the black girl I was rewarding for doing a good job.

I ask etl's if they think I am doing ok and where I need improvement. All give me praise and also corrective critisim. Except my front end etl. For some reason he thinks all of his gstl's/gsa's are garbage. We pray for him not to be there.

Good fix. I never though that Tms talking behind my back mattered much though.

I respect genuine feedback from someone who is a strong leader and even a hard working peer. So, I will not be asking nay of my leaders about any feedback they have for me. If they have any to give me, they know where to find me

Us backroom guys talk about everyone because every position makes our job harder

-We talk about front end for always leaving their hangers cans around, always calling for bags and their GSA's coming to the back trying to tell us what to do when they shouldnt even be back there
-We talk about Sales Floor for letting the the cafs build up, calling for items they know we don't have and putting backstock in the wrong area
-We talk about Flow for the obvious reasons
-We talk about leaders because they never help when the 12's drop and there only on guy there
-We talk about cashiers because they talk about doing too much work when all they do is stand there
-We leave soft-lines alone
-We leave the CA alone. They have enough do deal with
-Market is cool as well
-We would talk about ourselves but we're to busy taking about everyone else

We suck lol.

Us backroom guys talk about everyone because every position makes our job harder

-We talk about front end for always leaving their hangers cans around, always calling for bags and their GSA's coming to the back trying to tell us what to do when they shouldnt even be back there
-We talk about Sales Floor for letting the the cafs build up, calling for items they know we don't have and putting backstock in the wrong area
-We talk about leaders because they never help when the 12's drop and there only on guy there
-We talk about cashiers because they talk about doing too much work when all they do is stand there
-Market is cool as well

We suck lol.

The sales floor push your CAFs? What volume's your store?

-Market is cool as well

We suck lol.

We are B+. Normally takes 4 trucks a week, and went to 6 for the 4q.

Why? Who else can even push cafs?

-Market is cool as well

We suck lol.

We are B+. Normally takes 4 trucks a week, and went to 6 for the 4q.

Why? Who else can even push cafs?

br pulls and pushes ours...low volume though

i kinda wish we could push them. sf does a shit job and doesn't fully push what we pull. i've challenged a ton of carts where stuff could still go out

My store has a serious problem with salesfloor not pushing to 2nd and 3rd locations to the point the STL came in every huddle for a week to make people start doing it. I always try to push to 2nd or 3rd locs, or give the stuff that has a 2nd loc on the other side of the store to someone who has a CAF headed over there. Most of the time that practice works, if someone has a 2nd loc on the other side of the store, say they're pushing D and they have a few 2nd loc G items, they will stick them on a G caf, if they're not just being lazy and worrying about "have to be able to tell the LOD I did 10 cafs in 4 hours today" (But most of the time the people that are concerned about the amount of cafs they get done rather than how big they are are the ones grabbing all the PAPR and FURN CAFs)

-Market is cool as well

We suck lol.
want a cookie? sounds like you have issues with your job.

No. I have valid complaints as to why the other teams can't get shit right.

I was a TL. For your own good please ask each team lead and etl what they think about you and your performance, the good and the bad. Ask what they say to other leads about you.

They put so much pressure on EVERYONE based on every move you make and you are on camera at all times. I was called into the AP office three times while doing my job because they were targeting the black girl I was rewarding for doing a good job.
we need to talk to figure out assessment of team members. a lot will be in your 90, and we can't fire you the instant we figure out you're useless. we get a cart attendant that's great at being a cart attendant, but we tell him he needs to do x and he want's to do x. well you throw a bitch fit after being told to do things you should be doing other tls don't want to deal with you.

sane way you make fun of leadership. we make fun of the new people.

that sounds mean sprited, but we absolutely value our great team members. they're given more hours/responsibility, talked up and just all around praised. we get more of the first though

No. I have valid complaints as to why the other teams can't get shit right.
response to most of your issues:
hanger cans: cart attendent should get those, but depending on the store who deals with it varies. back room team member is responsible for making a pallet and sending them out so if they drop them in the back room, tough. talk to your etl and get someone else to deal with it.

gsa's telling you what to do, sorry you are under them in the hierarchy. they can't coach you, but they tell your tl, they will. some gsa's suck. some tl's suck. but they have all the right to control what the back room team members do. piss them off enough they can pull any tl around and coach you.

sales floor let caf's build up? dude try working hardlines. they purposefully let the caf's build up to annoy you? no they were not staffed enough or are busy. .

cashiers complain? do you deal with guests every second of your shift?

What do you guys think about sales floor people running on the floor? Running cause they are responding to back up calls to the front lanes, cause a guest needs something, while zoning?

Edit: One thing that somewhat irks me is that some Hardlines people like to get the CAFs that are not even full and then brag to you that they finished earlier than you. Lol yeah haha I got a full CAF with smaller items, I didn't just get the CAF with the big appliances.

-Ours are set up. They send random front end people to drop them off since the CA is too busy getting carts

Yeah, no. GSA's have no power whatsoever over the BR. They can call and ask for bags and we'll pull whenever we can to it but in no can they come in the back and attempt to run things. One GSA in my store told came to the back and demanded some bags and I told her I was busy and would get them whe I could. He then told ETL-LOG that I took to long getting her bags because I pulling cafs. ETL asked him was he going to pull cafs in my place while I attempted to get the bags downs. Never saw him come to back again.

I know how staffing works, we don't even put all the cafs out at once, we leave them some in the asile so they can get caught up, and add the next pulls to them. I've worked flow, which is the entire hardlines. If we can a 2700+pushed, then Sales floor should be able to finish a cart that only has things on the top tier

Sure do, while pulling flexs every half hour, and handling request pulls I get stopped constantly. Same with working 6am Flow.

What drives me crazy, is something witnessed the other day.

Whenever backup is needed for the front lanes, it's almost always softlines. I get called up more often then not. One night, they called for backup. One cashier was zoning, the TL, was zoning. She told him not to jump on the register and continues zoning so someone else would come up. We recently hit so hard in softlines and in hardlines and they didn't have much more to go; while we all were basically starting from scratch.

Seriously...I'm always running(literally) and working so hard while all I see this TL do, is socialize. Sounds like a dream job.

-Market is cool as well

We suck lol.

SF pushes our CAFS too...Backroom pushes all the morning autofills though...its just the 12-5 pulls that BR doesnt do...it would literally be impossible unless they wanted the backroom to fill up with CAFS. We only have 1 closer and when you have 30+ autofill groups, MYFA, and TMs pulling you away for this or that it doesnt leave much time between pulls to work out the CAFS you just pulled

hanger cans: cart attendent should get those, but depending on the store who deals with it varies. back room team member is responsible for making a pallet and sending them out so if they drop them in the back room, tough.

We occasionally get a cart attendant or cashier who just leaves full cans sitting next to empty hanger boxes. Those don't bother me to much as I'll just return the full can to the lanes when I go to break/lunch if the GSTL hasn't sent someone back to fix it. What I really hate though is when the cart attendant will keep dumping hangers on top of obviously full hanger boxes and spill them everywhere instead of simply asking a backroom TM to set up an empty one.

gsa's telling you what to do, sorry you are under them in the hierarchy. they can't coach you, but they tell your tl, they will. some gsa's suck. some tl's suck. but they have all the right to control what the back room team members do. piss them off enough they can pull any tl around and coach you.

The hell they do. Just because they are a slightly higher rank does not give them authority over other departments' TMs. If a GSA needs something from backroom bad enough and the TMs say they can't right at that moment, they should approach the Backroom TL. Failing that, the LOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back