Archived TLs and ETLs constantly talk behind your back

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hell they do. Just because they are a slightly higher rank does not give them authority over other departments' TMs. If a GSA needs something from backroom bad enough and the TMs say they can't right at that moment, they should approach the Backroom TL. Failing that, the LOD.

For what it's worth, GSAs and backroom TMs are in the same paygrade.

I haven't read everything yet, but my TLs talk junk in front of my face because I don't speak Spanish.

We (the TMs) talk about one of my TLs all the time, and we've shared our issues with some ETLs. I'm assuming it got back to her, but she hasn't changed eithr way.

What do you guys think about sales floor people running on the floor? Running cause they are responding to back up calls to the front lanes, cause a guest needs something, while zoning?

Edit: One thing that somewhat irks me is that some Hardlines people like to get the CAFs that are not even full and then brag to you that they finished earlier than you. Lol yeah haha I got a full CAF with smaller items, I didn't just get the CAF with the big appliances.

I never run, but people in my store do for call boxes. I don't think it says I have to run in the job description, sooo, I don't.

What do you guys think about sales floor people running on the floor? Running cause they are responding to back up calls to the front lanes, cause a guest needs something, while zoning?

Edit: One thing that somewhat irks me is that some Hardlines people like to get the CAFs that are not even full and then brag to you that they finished earlier than you. Lol yeah haha I got a full CAF with smaller items, I didn't just get the CAF with the big appliances.

I never run, but people in my store do for call boxes. I don't think it says I have to run in the job description, sooo, I don't.
Well this is ironic... *looks at my username*

I only run in a few circumstances, and I think as long as you can run safely without hitting anyone or anything, it is OK. I never all-out sprint (Usually just jog while trying to keep my "battle gear" from bouncing around and hitting me.) because that's just pushing it in my opinion.

I run if a callbox gets to second request and nobody has cleared it because my store prides itself on having almost 0 third request callboxes (and by extension, I pride myself on not having any third request callboxes in Hardlines when I'm working).
If there's a code red, I run.
If there's a code yellow and I am close to the doors, I run to cover them.
I run if someone is hurt/there is a spill or potential code green.
If there's a kid running around screaming "MOMMY!" "WHERE ARE YOU MOMMY" I run after them so I don't lose them.
I run if there is lines 5 deep on all the registers, only when I get to the front though, I have been told by a few guests that they appreciated the floor dropping what they were doing and running up to help them.
I run if I have to clock out in 45 seconds and I'm in rear seasonal and one minute more would send me into minor's work hour compliance, thusly terminating my employment.
All other situations, I'm not paid enough to run.

I only run in a few circumstances, and I think as long as you can run safely without hitting anyone or anything, it is OK. I never all-out sprint (Usually just jog while trying to keep my "battle gear" from bouncing around and hitting me.) because that's just pushing it in my opinion.

I run if a callbox gets to second request and nobody has cleared it because my store prides itself on having almost 0 third request callboxes (and by extension, I pride myself on not having any third request callboxes in Hardlines when I'm working).
If there's a kid running around screaming "MOMMY!" "WHERE ARE YOU MOMMY" I run after them so I don't lose them.
I run if there is lines 5 deep on all the registers, only when I get to the front though, I have been told by a few guests that they appreciated the floor dropping what they were doing and running up to help them.
I run if I have to clock out in 45 seconds and I'm in rear seasonal and one minute more would send me into minor's work hour compliance, thusly terminating my employment.
I love your ethic. You will be successful for leadership.

There is probably a timeclock in or around the fire aisle in the backroom.

"Fire aisle" what is this magical aisle and why haven't I heard of it? Seriously my store is set really weird where we don't have a "fire aisle" (Or we do, and I just can't tell because every aisle has stuff in it) just a few aisles wider than normal in the BR which runs the length of the store not the width. And the timeclock in the back room is broken with a sign saying "Do Not Use :( Time of Death 12:05 PM"

We used to have one. Disappeared years ago.

I was a TL. For your own good please ask each team lead and etl what they think about you and your performance, the good and the bad. Ask what they say to other leads about you.

They put so much pressure on EVERYONE based on every move you make and you are on camera at all times. I was called into the AP office three times while doing my job because they were targeting the black girl I was rewarding for doing a good job.

I always feel like my ETL and team lead talk behind my back. I work hard at work yet the stupid team lead is constantly bothering me with documented 'meetings' that she hides as being innocent. She is super touchy and only wants to communicate through email. Unfortunately she misinterprets a lot of things said thru email because she is sensitive and always moody like my ETL. It's like their moods are always the same and always moody. I work hard yet the TM's who slack off and hardly work get the most praise and never have any coachings!

greeneyez, you must work at my store. The lazy asses and dumbasses always get cut a break and are given praise even though they suck ass and should be fired yet the hard workers get bitched at and have the bulk of the workload thrown at them.

greeneyez, you must work at my store. The lazy asses and dumbasses always get cut a break and are given praise even though they suck ass and should be fired yet the hard workers get bitched at and have the bulk of the workload thrown at them.

I always wonder why that is!

because you accept it. That's why I never go above and beyond. I do the minimum of what my job requires because you get nothing for killing yourself

because you accept it. That's why I never go above and beyond. I do the minimum of what my job requires because you get nothing for killing yourself
I used to do the minimum because my ETL was giving me an enormous amount of work to do for 4 hours of work then the daily meetings started about why i couldn't finish the work and why I made some mistakes because I worked too fast and this went on about everyday with the ETL walking around with bitch face every time she saw me (moody and not saying hi when she saw me). I started to feel bad for not finishing the work and i didn't want any more conversations so I started to work harder and faster. I tell my TL that I do everything I can to finish in a few hours because she always asks why I didn't finish and she just tells me to work more efficiently (faster) so I guess I have to to keep my job and avoid the 'conversations'.

Oh thank god I'm not the only insane TM who runs (well, jog) on the salesfloor. I'm a BRTM who likes to "run" in the Salesfloor and Backroom to assist anyone as quick as I can. Last BF, I probably ran around 75% of my 8hrs shift between MMB and checklanes because of those cheap DVDs/BDs.

Us backroom guys talk about everyone because every position makes our job harder

-We talk about front end for always leaving their hangers cans around, always calling for bags and their GSA's coming to the back trying to tell us what to do when they shouldnt even be back there
-We talk about Sales Floor for letting the the cafs build up, calling for items they know we don't have and putting backstock in the wrong area
-We talk about Flow for the obvious reasons
-We talk about leaders because they never help when the 12's drop and there only on guy there
-We talk about cashiers because they talk about doing too much work when all they do is stand there
-We leave soft-lines alone
-We leave the CA alone. They have enough do deal with
-Market is cool as well
-We would talk about ourselves but we're to busy taking about everyone else

We suck lol.

The sales floor push your CAFs? What volume's your store?
We are B+. Normally takes 4 trucks a week, and went to 6 for the 4q.

Why? Who else can even push cafs?

Flow and SA's take care of them all together after 10 am. Before then it's all flow at my store.

He then told ETL-LOG that I took to long getting her bags because I pulling cafs. ETL asked him was he going to pull cafs in my place while I attempted to get the bags downs. Never saw him come to back again.

Your ETL-LOG is an idiot. It is more important that there are bags to put guests purchases in than CAFS being done on time. Guests come first, metrics be damned.

It's not backroom's fault you guys didn't check the quantity of your bags when the store opened. Our front end always ask us around 8am when they need bags. Now you're making us look we're the bad guys?

I pretty much just ignore it and do my best to not engage in talking about TLs and ETLs behind their backs. I just go to work and do my job go above and beyond for a guest, try to keep my nose clean and that's it. I am just counting down the days till I get another job and put my two weeks in.

He then told ETL-LOG that I took to long getting her bags because I pulling cafs. ETL asked him was he going to pull cafs in my place while I attempted to get the bags downs. Never saw him come to back again.

Your ETL-LOG is an idiot. It is more important that there are bags to put guests purchases in than CAFS being done on time. Guests come first, metrics be damned.
A failure to plan does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Others should know how to work a crown to drop a pallet. Maybe the GSAs should be certified on BR equipment. Heck I bet they could use the wave to grab a couple cases of bags.

A failure to plan does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Others should know how to work a crown to drop a pallet. Maybe the GSAs should be certified on BR equipment. Heck I bet they could use the wave to grab a couple cases of bags.
So I get, you guys feel you are the gods of the store, without you it would implode since you are the most important.

And without guest there is no store. And without hours up front, there isn't always time to get bags in the evening -especially this time of year.

If you have such great solutions, go to your TL/ETL and present them.

All that "standing around" up front has caused me a foot problem that I will deal with the rest of my life probably. Leaving me unable to say, walk across a park to go on the one ride my kids wanted to go on last night. They stand, they rarely get to move... Let me go see you stand in one place for 5 hours with only mad dashes to the drinking fountain for a sip of water... Because then is when you get to walk and move your muscles.

Oh and then queue the complaints when the GSA comes and uses the equipment to fetch their own pallet of bags... Because you were just going to use the stupid thing. And their timing stinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back