Archived TLs losing mytime access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Anyone else get this info? They can still access it but can no longer make edits according to my hrbp.

This is so ETLs will write the schedule according to their job duties. Of course knowing my ETLs they will still have the TL do it then input it themselves.

Yep, got this info yesterday from my STL. The only ETL in my store who deigns to get in the trench to write a schedule of any kind is AP for their TPS and APS, past that my ETLs run away from me when I ask them about schedules. Can any of your TLs access the attendance details report? Mine lost access to that as well, just the SR TLs can see it now.

Yes, this is true. SrTL and ETL can still edit. It is to increase guest facing time. I believe the HR team is actually going to be doing the whole schedule.

Have any of you always known that myTime takes six weeks to update with data for use in polling the schedule? I never knew this before yesterday. Curious if it was always thus or a new part of the changes.

This is going to destroy my store. I'm at a Super and we currently have only 2 ETLs for our entire dayside team, except for HR and AP, and one SRTL. I think we're getting another SRTL, but the adjustment period is going to be long and difficult. The HRTL is the only person in the store other than the DeliTL who has any clue how the deli needs to be staffed, so it doesn't bode well for us.

Yes TLs are not allowed to write their schedules anymore. HR is supposed to be the main schedule writer, and ETLs should be reviewing/editing if needed. This is of course, under the assumption, that your store is staffed well enough for MyTime to figure out a majority of the schedule on its own. The obvious problem that any of us who work in stores know is that MyTime is not the best problem solver. Most workcenters are not staffed and MyTime will leave a whole mess of open shifts at generation time for us to figure out how to cover (generally going through, deleting most of the schedule out, and extending the TMs that are available to 8 hour shifts since we know we don't have enough people available).

My problem with this change is that I don't think corp realize how much TLs support the day-to-day needs of the TMs through schedule edits. Many of us don't write the schedule per-say, but do resolve a large majority of our team's issues. I feel as if removing editing rights will put too much work load on the ETLs especially in smaller volume stores and make things less flexible for TMs. I'd say all we need is a mandate for TLs not to be the primary schedule writers.

I'm going from 32 hours to 18 hours then...
hahahah seriously. whenever one of TLs writes the schedule i always get amazing hours, but then HR intervenes and my hours get cut severely. it's been happening recently too

My PPTL is going to flip shit. Until our ETL lets them log in under their name to edit it. (Which I have a feeling will be the new company norm.)
My ETL will definitely do that. She literally keeps her ID and up to date password written on a post-it note in her office. I use it to order SFS supplies.

My problem with this change is that I don't think corp realize how much TLs support the day-to-day needs of the TMs through schedule edits. Many of us don't write the schedule per-say, but do resolve a large majority of our team's issues. I feel as if removing editing rights will put too much work load on the ETLs especially in smaller volume stores and make things less flexible for TMs. I'd say all we need is a mandate for TLs not to be the primary schedule writers.
This will have the biggest impact for our BR/SFS team. I could text the TL that I'm exhausted from my other job and will be 2 hours late tomorrow, and he'll go in and change the schedule for me. Same thing if I want to quickly swap with another TM.

This is of course, under the assumption, that your store is staffed well enough for MyTime to figure out a majority of the schedule on its own. The obvious problem that any of us who work in stores know is that MyTime is not the best problem solver. Most workcenters are not staffed and MyTime will leave a whole mess of open shifts at generation time for us to figure out how to cover (generally going through, deleting most of the schedule out, and extending the TMs that are available to 8 hour shifts since we know we don't have enough people available).
That will also cause problems for us. Our TL writes the schedule from scratch each week because we have only 6 TMs in an A volume backroom.

Lord have mercy if my etl takes the Starbucks schedule away from me for good. She can't even write the cafe schedule. This week alone I've had to fix 7 errors in a work center that's only staffed from 9-830 and has 4 team members..

As someone who has been around from TM to ETL, I can say that this is going to be my biggest concern in general over the next 1-2 years. I would go out on a limb and say most ETLs are not in LOG or HR for a reason... and its because they cannot handle those particular workloads. Most dayside ETLs stroll in at 6 or 7 and spend (sometimes) upwards of 1-2 hours looking at "numbers" because that is what they think an LOD is! They operate at their own pace, come out to the floor (many times holding a damn coffee), and get with the ETL-LOG who just shouldered 70% of the work for the store that morning. The (good) ETL-HRs in the company are owning a majority of the schedule writing, payroll allocation, and staffing assessments for their buildings too.

The point is this... we are going to see a huge spike in ETL turnover. The ETL-LOG is going away, and the other ETLs will no longer have a safety net of some expert ETL guarding them from the constant freight flow. You just go slammed on SL repacks? Sorry ETL-Style, you are working freight all day with your team. We just added a truck for 2 days from now... all dayside ETLs what are your plans since that was originally a non-truck day? You need to come in and get with your team right away and lead them, we can't have you sitting in TSC looking at myperformance right now!

As someone who has been around from TM to ETL, I can say that this is going to be my biggest concern in general over the next 1-2 years. I would go out on a limb and say most ETLs are not in LOG or HR for a reason... and its because they cannot handle those particular workloads. Most dayside ETLs stroll in at 6 or 7 and spend (sometimes) upwards of 1-2 hours looking at "numbers" because that is what they think an LOD is! They operate at their own pace, come out to the floor (many times holding a damn coffee), and get with the ETL-LOG who just shouldered 70% of the work for the store that morning. The (good) ETL-HRs in the company are owning a majority of the schedule writing, payroll allocation, and staffing assessments for their buildings too.

The point is this... we are going to see a huge spike in ETL turnover. The ETL-LOG is going away, and the other ETLs will no longer have a safety net of some expert ETL guarding them from the constant freight flow. You just go slammed on SL repacks? Sorry ETL-Style, you are working freight all day with your team. We just added a truck for 2 days from now... all dayside ETLs what are your plans since that was originally a non-truck day? You need to come in and get with your team right away and lead them, we can't have you sitting in TSC looking at myperformance right now!
Yeah, my ETL is not going to make it. I'm not even sure how she's made it this long.

It is my hope that the good ETL-LOG's will be looked at first for STL promotions after this roll out as the last two years has easily been the hardest on them.

I can't wait till our ETL-Essentials who I am guessing was our ETL-LOG in my store, gets slammed with freight and replies "Awesome, because this is boring as fuck"

My store have started this, for the time being I can still write my schedule and give it to the ETL who inputs it. But not sure how long they will allow this to continue. Because I think they want MyTime to auto generate the schedule. Which worries me because I lead my store's Starbucks. I've seen the auto generated schedules before I delete them each week and its just terrible.

Anyone know the exact date they will revoke are ability to edit the schedule? I want to pre-insert certain schedule patterns in as far out as I can before I can't lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back