Archived TLs losing mytime access?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: if I had requested time off and then realized I didn't actually need that time off and my TL added me to the schedule BUT when I check the online schedule, I have both his change and the original vacation time blocked on the same day, do I assume I am now on the schedule? The paper schedule in the TSC doesn't reflect the TL's change either.

Oh, it's the same as my store. Some of my ETLs (not all, a couple of them and my STL are great) will come and review my grids before I post and try to play favorites or make completely illogical changes. You know what I do? I simply remind them of scheduling best practice and I give them my little spiel about availability, graphs, fill percentages, etc. Their eyes glaze over and they walk away, because they mostly have no clue about any of these things. Guess who does? The TLs. They get how it works and are fair about hours.

The most frustrating thing is when they want to cut hours for a TM with performance issues instead of addressing said issues via best practice with performance conversations and corrective actions. Luckily this has been changing recently with my new ETL riding the rest of their backs to do things the right way.
Sadly for my store, I know of at least two TLs who use hours and when shifts are scheduled to deal with TMs who need coaching and/or retraining. One just cuts them to 1 or 2 shifts a week, the other moves them from opening/mid to closing. Guess who also complains about having to finish closing tasks when they come in for their morning shifts?

Question: if I had requested time off and then realized I didn't actually need that time off and my TL added me to the schedule BUT when I check the online schedule, I have both his change and the original vacation time blocked on the same day, do I assume I am now on the schedule? The paper schedule in the TSC doesn't reflect the TL's change either.

It sounds like they added you to the schedule and didn't delete the time off code from the that same day in myTime, so both are now on there. Go see your HR and have them look at it and remove the time off code so it just has the shift you are now working per your TL.

Sadly for my store, I know of at least two TLs who use hours and when shifts are scheduled to deal with TMs who need coaching and/or retraining. One just cuts them to 1 or 2 shifts a week, the other moves them from opening/mid to closing. Guess who also complains about having to finish closing tasks when they come in for their morning shifts?

Yep, I've seen this happen too on the TL level though not so much at my store. It hurts the entire team on several levels when someone is not pulling their weight and leadership does not follow the proper steps to correct this or then fails to partner with their ETL and then HR to promote them to a guest if they do not improve.

You just go slammed on SL repacks? Sorry ETL-Style, you are working freight all day with your team.

I have talked to many TM's and TL's at my store about these changes and they all just start going "THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN HERE! WE ARE TOO HIGH VOLUME"

Well the stores in my old district were the same volume and had more Supers, if they had to go through those changes you can bet they'll come eventually. :cool:

Remember, ETLs are supposed to be upper management (salary and no overtime), and labor laws require them to spend a majority of their time on those types of activities. The company has already had a few lawsuits that the above is not true, and therefore need to pay overtime to their ETL/DC equivalent positions.

You can tell some of these decisions are with purpose. We do not need an organizational structure in which we are top heavy in stores, to the point where our salaried positions are spending all their time on task. We will continue to see an alignment of workload in which the ETL of each department (Style, Grocery, Essentials) will be spending more and more time on workload that not only deserves their attention, but will ultimately keep the company out of future trouble when it comes to labor laws and standards.

thankfully im a senior, because if its my etl hr and hr tm doing all my schedules id probably just quit

Yeah i dont see this working..... yesterday they didnt schedule anyone in instocks.... and no one noticed it until the backroom TL came in for her closing LOD shift... she was not happy x_x.

Mine are great too, but what pulls for some areas (I'm looking at you Starbucks) bears little relevance on what is actually needed. Case in point--Mytime doesn't know about frappy hour.

Has your TL told HR that the frappy hour isn't being factored in to the allocation? Sounds like they need to make an edit for that and it's certainly not asking a lot for a little help with a guest facing area like that.

Some of you must have some pretty crappy HR TMs..

They are basically run the department but writing the schedule is not her deal, she is too busy doing what the HR ETL should be doing.. Cause the ETL is 24 fresh out of school and doesn't know much beyond being one of the mean girls in the click that orders lunch and having to actually open a box makes her nose wrinkle like a skunk sprayed it down.. Her office is nothing more than a recruitment office for her college..

Your STL doesn't want to hurt their feelings...

I still wrote the schedules for Starbucks and Cafe and scheduled for happy hour. The HRTM that's supposed to be owning my schedules is ironically never scheduled the day it needs to be written.

Haha, an HRTM being MIA on schedule day, that's pretty bad. Though myTime is now the greatest thing since there were great things, so it should automatically write the schedule just fine, or did I drink too much of the koolaid today?

Haha, an HRTM being MIA on schedule day, that's pretty bad. Though myTime is now the greatest thing since there were great things, so it should automatically write the schedule just fine, or did I drink too much of the koolaid today?
It probably does a fine job in your opinion. And probably the way Target HQ wants it but I personally find it dumb. Last time I left it auto generate to see what it comes up with. 5 out of the 7 days it had 6 people working. Each with 4-5 hours each, with no overlap and just single coverage for Starbucks. And we are a high volume store. How do you expect any prep work and cleaning to get done with single coverage throughout the day?! Let alone breaks.

It probably does a fine job in your opinion. And probably the way Target HQ wants it but I personally find it dumb. Last time I left it auto generate to see what it comes up with. 5 out of the 7 days it had 6 people working. Each with 4-5 hours each, with no overlap and just single coverage for Starbucks. And we are a high volume store. How do you expect any prep work and cleaning to get done with single coverage throughout the day?! Let alone breaks.

The schedule mytime auto generates does not work for our store at all.

Oh, I was being sarcastic, the autogenerator in myTime is hardly effective for my store except when it comes to the front end, I hardly have to adjust shifts there, but for the rest it is just not getting the job done as advertised. It's polling based on the data from the forecaster, which does not factor in a number of variables outside of the hard numbers. I am all for less time spent on scheduling and hopefully more of the changes they tell me are coming show up soon. I think the biggest thing to make or break it will be the trailer process change with the DCs, whenever that rolls out, coupled with getting the kinks worked out of e2e. I can definitely see how that would make things more unified. I think that leadership is positioning some of this stuff as effective just a little prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back