Archived TLs losing mytime access?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Looked ahead, and mytime doesn't seem to know that it's Frappy hour! 3 - 6 in case you need to know :)
The HR team was supposed to start writing the schedule for Frappy hour this week but the ETL-HR didn't schedule the HRTM on the day she needed to write it so I did it today. This is going to be fun seeing how they do this especially since they won't have the TLs supporting like we have been.

Found out today my ETL HR and hrtm are going to start writing the whole store schedule due to this change.

Good fucking luck at your store.

I wouldn't trust my ETL-HR and HRTM to understand the finer details of my workload as a dayside BRTM. Let alone that of most of the other workcenters.

Having them be involved beyond making sure no workcenter exceeds allocated payroll sounds like a damn good way to end up in a situation where enough hours aren't being given to adequately complete workloads.

Hell, even just taking that away from TLs who hold most of the responsibility of making sure their individual department functions sounds dumb.

The HR team was supposed to start writing the schedule for Frappy hour this week but the ETL-HR didn't schedule the HRTM on the day she needed to write it so I did it today. This is going to be fun seeing how they do this especially since they won't have the TLs supporting like we have been.
I think @Asuras has the right idea to make as many preset shifts as possible. The one that mytime spat out had 2 openers and single coverage for 3 of the frappy hour days.

I think @Asuras has the right idea to make as many preset shifts as possible. The one that mytime spat out had 2 openers and single coverage for 3 of the frappy hour days.
I'll be doing that going forward. I wrote the schedules for frappy hour so I don't have to worry about that, it's after July 2nd that I'm concerned about.

I'm going to fill out preset shifts for my core TM (such as yourself) all the way until the end of the year lol. Even if we lose people along the away of availability changes. We can reduce the dumb shifts that gets generated.

Yikes, our new hrtm is the most snobby, biased and unapproachable person they could have possibly put in the role at my store. I'm thankful my ETL already writes my team's schedule!

Good fucking luck at your store.

I wouldn't trust my ETL-HR and HRTM to understand the finer details of my workload as a dayside BRTM. Let alone that of most of the other workcenters.

Having them be involved beyond making sure no workcenter exceeds allocated payroll sounds like a damn good way to end up in a situation where enough hours aren't being given to adequately complete workloads.

Hell, even just taking that away from TLs who hold most of the responsibility of making sure their individual department functions sounds dumb.

ASANTS. From my own experience, HR TMs who write schedules should be learning all of the work centers to have an understanding of the nuts and bolts that make each part of the machine run. You've got to put experienced people in this job who can effectively communicate with TLs and therefore get their input into the schedule. I get data from my TLs and then give them grids for each day of a new schedule before posting so that last minute edits can be made. Works great here. So, even without access to myTime, TLs should be able to contribute, unless you've got ETLs and an STL who think they're smarter than everyone because of their degrees in archery and who will treat their TLs like glorified team members when this change happens.

Also, from my DTL I learned that the auto allocation for each work center will not be 100% set in stone, you just have to be able to speak to using say 90 hours for Plano instead of 65. Entropy creeps into any system and a computer can't predict everything accurately all of the time.

Last edited:
Yikes, our new hrtm is the most snobby, biased and unapproachable person they could have possibly put in the role at my store. I'm thankful my ETL already writes my team's schedule!

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I took over from someone just like that and it wasn't easy fixing the damaged relationship between HR and the team at my store considering the ETL at the time and this person were a terrible, conniving duo.

I preset my team last week. The really scary thing is that only certain work centers are suppose to have "set" schedules. About once a year the HRBP will audit how many presets you have and then make you remove them to "let the system work" (ha ha ha ha ha ha) TLs, 50% of flow, cash office and a very few others is best practice. Our ETL is just going to have us all continue to write our schedules and he will put them in. I did a screen shot of the set schedules and will use that as a master, make my edits on it based on the workload and give it to him to input. My peers are doing the same. In a perfect world all team members would be efficient at everything. But this isn't a perfect world. As a leader you know their strengths, what areas they excel in and what areas are someone elses forte. As team leads we know that and schedule accordingly.

who think they're smarter than everyone because of their degrees in archery and who will treat their TLs like glorified team members when this change happens.

Lol

So an increase in "XX asked me to come in because YY is sick/quit/something came up that needs to be dealt with" punch corrections out of the LOG teams

I preset my team last week. The really scary thing is that only certain work centers are suppose to have "set" schedules. About once a year the HRBP will audit how many presets you have and then make you remove them to "let the system work" (ha ha ha ha ha ha) TLs, 50% of flow, cash office and a very few others is best practice. Our ETL is just going to have us all continue to write our schedules and he will put them in. I did a screen shot of the set schedules and will use that as a master, make my edits on it based on the workload and give it to him to input. My peers are doing the same. In a perfect world all team members would be efficient at everything. But this isn't a perfect world. As a leader you know their strengths, what areas they excel in and what areas are someone elses forte. As team leads we know that and schedule accordingly.

Amen!

It blows my mind how broken all your stores seem in regards to scheduling.

The hr team at my store has been doing the schedule for at least 10 years without any issues. The etls barely know how to use mytime, and they can't be trusted to be fair and balanced in scheduling anyway.

If you're staffed correctly, which means you need a lot more people then you think, and all the secondary work-centers are correctly set. Mytime for the most part pulls ok - not great but it's totally usable with minor adjustments

It blows my mind how broken all your stores seem in regards to scheduling.

The hr team at my store has been doing the schedule for at least 10 years without any issues. The etls barely know how to use mytime, and they can't be trusted to be fair and balanced in scheduling anyway.

If you're staffed correctly, which means you need a lot more people then you think, and all the secondary work-centers are correctly set. Mytime for the most part pulls ok - not great but it's totally usable with minor adjustments
One of the biggest benefits to TLs doing their own schedules is letting them play TMs to their strengths. Not everyone performs equally under all circumstances.

One of the biggest benefits to TLs doing their own schedules is letting them play TMs to their strengths. Not everyone performs equally under all circumstances.

That's not corporates philosophy anymore unfortunately and TLs favoring certain tms over others is not necessarily fair. If certain tms are struggling on certain things it's the TLs responsibility to train them better.

Corporate believes that all sales floor tms should be interchangeable for the most part.

It's unrealistic but it's where the company is heading

Last edited:

Just my observation

Our TLs are for the most part fair with hours, as an hourly tm they understand people gotta eat. They also know which tms work hard.

It's the ETLs who play favorites and give hours to the people who suck up to them because they don't have to really make up for them not getting the job done.

Lol what am I suppose to do when I need to change my shifts around. Might as well not post my schedule as I can clock it whenever.

Just my observation

Our TLs are for the most part fair with hours, as an hourly tm they understand people gotta eat. They also know which tms work hard.

It's the ETLs who play favorites and give hours to the people who suck up to them because they don't have to really make up for them not getting the job done.

I couldn't have stated it better. It is frustrating to see TLs (aka mid-management) appropriately allocate hours based on strengths, availability and then ETLs and STLs mess it up. This has been going on for some time and in multiple stores. Again, ASANTS but I would expect this to be the case in a majority of the stores.

I couldn't have stated it better. It is frustrating to see TLs (aka mid-management) appropriately allocate hours based on strengths, availability and then ETLs and STLs mess it up. This has been going on for some time and in multiple stores. Again, ASANTS but I would expect this to be the case in a majority of the stores.

Oh, it's the same as my store. Some of my ETLs (not all, a couple of them and my STL are great) will come and review my grids before I post and try to play favorites or make completely illogical changes. You know what I do? I simply remind them of scheduling best practice and I give them my little spiel about availability, graphs, fill percentages, etc. Their eyes glaze over and they walk away, because they mostly have no clue about any of these things. Guess who does? The TLs. They get how it works and are fair about hours.

The most frustrating thing is when they want to cut hours for a TM with performance issues instead of addressing said issues via best practice with performance conversations and corrective actions. Luckily this has been changing recently with my new ETL riding the rest of their backs to do things the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back