TM to ETL

I'm a TM and just had my interview for ETL... I feel like the process for a Internal candidate is unnecessarily long and tedious. Wondering if it would be better to quit and reapply for ETL position?

You have been with a spot a year as a tl & got an etl interview. 6 months or more for placement. Did you ask that question doing the interview?
From your other posting in 2019.
When I say "screw" me I mean in the sense that I'm going from a TM to ETL they will pay just min. Since its such a big increase vs. Taking my background etc.. into consideration. Either way I'm happy for the opportunity.

Last edited:
The SD I interviewed with said she would have feedback within the next week for my SD and then they would decide from there on timeframe for interview with DTL... from what I hear this can be a long process.

The SD I interviewed with said she would have feedback within the next week for my SD and then they would decide from there on timeframe for interview with DTL... from what I hear this can be a long process.
What happen to your 2 interviews, last year? Have you been mentored by your etl & stellar in your Dept?
Internship is your best option.

It's a long process for external candidates as well. As my HR etl says: Target is really slow...until it's not. Honestly they could take months to decide and then as soon as they do they could want you to report to a certain store or to business college within days.

What happen to your 2 interviews, last year? Have you been mentored by your etl & stellar in your Dept?
Internship is your best option.
I decided I wasn't ready last year and wanted to develop more. Yes, I've been mentored by ETL and SD and stellar in dept.
Was told I'm not allowed to do internship as a current TM only external can do internship.

It's a long process for external candidates as well. As my HR etl says: Target is really slow...until it's not. Honestly they could take months to decide and then as soon as they do they could want you to report to a certain store or to business college within days.
[/QUOTE
Thank you! Just making sure I'm taking the best path.

Process as far as interviews to offer was extremely fast for me. However, when they absolutely want you to be in a position they’ll move like Sonic. For instance I had my interviews and first day training in the same week.

Additionally you might not use the full training time of 6 weeks. Mine was cut by a week and a half.

Back