COVID-19 TMs either calling out or just walking off the job during the COVID times

Just lots of VLE because we don't have any freight coming into the building. Today my OM said inbound only had like 75k in the yard and 7k incoming. I'm not near the coasts so covid hasn't ramped up real bad yet in my area.

Voluntary overtime last 4 weeks in a row. No Mandatory yet. Inbound Queue at 489,000 today. A1 and B1 Inbound missing about 8 teammates each due to being on leave.

We’ve had ot the last 3 weeks that I soaked up, but there seems to be vle’s daily as the freight doesn’t come in. Must be frustrating for the pc. No ot this week.

Drops inconsistent since entire world workforce is inconsistent now. This is to be expected. Credit to Spot for giving overtime to those who want it and allowing those who don't to go or stay home. Even without coronavirus I give Spot high marks in this regard because some companies will force OT people to go home first, before straight time workers. I guess they realize they'll get more work out of people who want to be there. And get more work to the point there is VLE opportunity as well. Our drops have gone from 40k to 90k then back to 40k again. They're pretty much allowing OT on any given day, regardless of the drop, so people who want to stay home can stay home, and those who have to work can get done early if they want and those who want to stay all day or night can stay all day or night.

Maybe this will bolster Spot's online shopping game.

Leading up to those 9+ hour days to pick up that slack. How is your DC in these times?
We are getting the simultaneous OT/VLE combo. Warehouse teams seems to be the most displaced since at this point most everything is IB/OB. A lot of them have had to flex to other departments.

So far no one (in OBB1 at least) has really taken any time away for this. A couple random call outside here or there, either legitimately due to illness or just because they can, but for the most part I think we are all glad to be making the money. But we are not in an area that has been too hard either.

We've had a lot of calls lately on top of people leaving early and a lot of people going on LOA's lately. Not that I can really blame them. If you have family at home and you're still working you really don't want to bring any sickness home.

Plans are inconsistent across the board. I think the days have literally jusy turned into "let's just make it to the next period". Forecasts are out the window so for now the priority is just send out as much as possible and try to restock as much as possible.

Voluntary overtime last 4 weeks in a row. No Mandatory yet. Inbound Queue at 489,000 today. A1 and B1 Inbound missing about 8 teammates each due to being on leave.
This past weekend the yard was sitting around 620,000 i think. Don’t quote me. It’s gone down though because it was fluctuating near the 800-900k mark 3 weeks ago. At other distribution centers I’ve worked at, the yard sitting around 800,000 was the average.

So many new orange vest the last 3 days
I’ve been told HQ is doing the hiring. When an operation manager communicates to HQ to slow or stop the hiring process for that individual key it takes awhile. It’s a business process. When that manager needs help it will be a while before new hires start coming back in the door because it’s a business process. Mike he has a lot of new hires and our entire building does. When it’s not peak season it’s training season. I always am cautious. I have some of the most experience on all types of power equipment there. it’s the new hires that need a little bit more time. So I always execute caution to prevent an accident. It frustrates me when I see other experienced TM’s who are younger just pull up and pass me without stopping or honking at a stop sigh. SMH 🤦‍♂️. I lead by example or try to at least.

Back