Archived TMs evaluations and compensation changing in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have to ask for these evaluations or are you evaluated after your first year?

And this is why it makes me angry when requested to change work centers and told to not "clock it in". There are a lot of unofficial workcenter changes that can ultimately affect a tm's pay and benefits.

IF you are done being MY FLOW TM, and go to PC, or IS or HL SF or something, YOU ARE CHANGING WC! I am NOT PAYING for your hours out of my bucket! :) :) ;) That is more what the change in WC is for, at least of us, especially right now. I don't have hours to spare, and any extra hours spend has to be explained ie: the trucks wheels fell off, and we had to wait for it, space aliens abducted the driver. etc.. :) ;)

So my super talented TM(s), if they are not scheduled to go to PC etc., know they need to change WC.

Changing to a WC from say your PWC doesn't mean an upgrade in PAY, because if that was the case, I can guarantee that TGT and just about any other company would do the exact opposite as well ie: change to cashier, then drop you to the BASE CASHIER which is now $9 unless your state/city/township/boro/vllage/collective has a higher one which for a lot of my team would be a HUGE LOSS in $$$ right off the bat for most it would $1/hr, and some of the ones who do it regularly it would be probably $2-3/hr+!

If you are spending more than 50% of your time in a WC like ELEC then you should be changed to that WC, same with FLOW, same with some of the others which is a bump up from your base if worked.... Having to track even in 2016 that you went from Flow to say PA for 3 hours today, and thus should get $0.50/hr (or more) for those 3 hours... is a night mare... even if you change WC. It requires the TM to do the change, the payroll system to actually implement that change, and I can tell you getting things like that RIGHT is not as easy via a computer as you may think. The storm of "I didn't get my $0.50/hr for PA! for these 20 hours!" to fix and right all this...EVERY TWO WEEKS would be a nightmare. I don't care who you are.. there would be issues... from the TM doing the change in WC, or having it schedule right in myTime to actually doing the code to do it... doesn't matter TGT or IBM, it would be a huge monster to fight.

Went through this with a TM who was hired as X but was scheduled Y WC. For some reason they were never changed to this as their PWC. They were LOOSING $1.00/hr+ in this "glitch." This was right before I was there and the reasons were not as nefarious as you may think. Which hints to what I am going say next... that IF such a system was used, then I can guarantee that any swaps would be approved based on PAYROLL. And 99% of the swaps in my store would be DISAPPROVED because of x being in WC y and making $$$$ more. Doing that in swaps and even in scheduling would mean the talent pool would SHRINK IMMENSELY. PC would have no back up and/or assistance for huge work loads. Same with IS, BR, cashier, CA, SL, and HL. My flow team TM's cover and fill in A LOT of gaps!

I don't see TGT or any one else opening this Pandoras box to track WC changes and pay based on that.. because that CUTS BOTH WAYS.. and so CAREFUL what you wish for!

IF you are done being MY FLOW TM, and go to PC, or IS or HL SF or something, YOU ARE CHANGING WC! I am NOT PAYING for your hours out of my bucket! :) :) ;) That is more what the change in WC is for, at least of us, especially right now. I don't have hours to spare, and any extra hours spend has to be explained ie: the trucks wheels fell off, and we had to wait for it, space aliens abducted the driver. etc.. :) ;)

So my super talented TM(s), if they are not scheduled to go to PC etc., know they need to change WC.

Changing to a WC from say your PWC doesn't mean an upgrade in PAY, because if that was the case, I can guarantee that TGT and just about any other company would do the exact opposite as well ie: change to cashier, then drop you to the BASE CASHIER which is now $9 unless your state/city/township/boro/vllage/collective has a higher one which for a lot of my team would be a HUGE LOSS in $$$ right off the bat for most it would $1/hr, and some of the ones who do it regularly it would be probably $2-3/hr+!

If you are spending more than 50% of your time in a WC like ELEC then you should be changed to that WC, same with FLOW, same with some of the others which is a bump up from your base if worked.... Having to track even in 2016 that you went from Flow to say PA for 3 hours today, and thus should get $0.50/hr (or more) for those 3 hours... is a night mare... even if you change WC. It requires the TM to do the change, the payroll system to actually implement that change, and I can tell you getting things like that RIGHT is not as easy via a computer as you may think. The storm of "I didn't get my $0.50/hr for PA! for these 20 hours!" to fix and right all this...EVERY TWO WEEKS would be a nightmare. I don't care who you are.. there would be issues... from the TM doing the change in WC, or having it schedule right in myTime to actually doing the code to do it... doesn't matter TGT or IBM, it would be a huge monster to fight.

Went through this with a TM who was hired as X but was scheduled Y WC. For some reason they were never changed to this as their PWC. They were LOOSING $1.00/hr+ in this "glitch." This was right before I was there and the reasons were not as nefarious as you may think. Which hints to what I am going say next... that IF such a system was used, then I can guarantee that any swaps would be approved based on PAYROLL. And 99% of the swaps in my store would be DISAPPROVED because of x being in WC y and making $$$$ more. Doing that in swaps and even in scheduling would mean the talent pool would SHRINK IMMENSELY. PC would have no back up and/or assistance for huge work loads. Same with IS, BR, cashier, CA, SL, and HL. My flow team TM's cover and fill in A LOT of gaps!

I don't see TGT or any one else opening this Pandoras box to track WC changes and pay based on that.. because that CUTS BOTH WAYS.. and so CAREFUL what you wish for!
Not what I meant AT ALL. I know that you don't change paygrades by changing WC. However, if you don't clock in WC changes, there is no way to know when your "50% or more" moves to another center resulting in either a move up or down. This is not likely to happen with flow tms, but for the past 6 months, our IS team has been told to go to the backroom to help with CAFs, cover electronics when there is a call in, work FDC, etc.etc.etc. When it happens multiple times in a week and is for hours at a time as opposed to "helping out" it should be documented. You can do it on the timeclock. There should be accountability for WC hours. If our task list isn't finished because we have been reallocated to another WC, it looks to our TL that we are slackers, incapable of completing our tasks in a timely manner. If tms don't change WC, there is no accountability and no true idea of how many hours any given WC actually needs to complete the work.

Not what I meant AT ALL. I know that you don't change paygrades by changing WC. However, if you don't clock in WC changes, there is no way to know when your "50% or more" moves to another center resulting in either a move up or down. This is not likely to happen with flow tms, but for the past 6 months, our IS team has been told to go to the backroom to help with CAFs, cover electronics when there is a call in, work FDC, etc.etc.etc. When it happens multiple times in a week and is for hours at a time as opposed to "helping out" it should be documented. You can do it on the timeclock. There should be accountability for WC hours. If our task list isn't finished because we have been reallocated to another WC, it looks to our TL that we are slackers, incapable of completing our tasks in a timely manner. If tms don't change WC, there is no accountability and no true idea of how many hours any given WC actually needs to complete the work.
This is exactly the sort of thing that happened to me the first 8 months I worked for Target. More than 50% of my hours were spent in Electronics, but I was only treated as a hardlines salesfloor team member when it came to pay. I didn't know that there was a difference in the pay I should have gotten or I would have spoke up, and my TL rarely got me in my actual workcenter, so I ended up with IE ratings on my yearly review in a lot of categories because there were no chances to gauge my abilities in my actual workcenter.

This is not likely to happen with flow tms,

Well maybe your Flow TM's... but my Flow TM(s) are for a large part the GLUE and spackle that fills in all the holes.

SF, HL, CA, Cafe, IS, PC, BR... With out these TM(s) there is no way to complete the schedule, and alot of the CO/NCNS coverage comes from these TM's.... and all those swaps that the SF gives up... would be CO if not for Flow. Only a handful of them are not cross trained in most of the rest of the store in some manner. And most of these are the newbies we got to keep for the first time in years after Q4.

The reverse is not the same.... SF and other specialties... help out Flow... HAHHAHAHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA... Yeah right! Most would rather be poked with a hot poker than push freight. Which is for the most part all the SF and specialties can do. On the line... nope, can't handle the pace. :p :) I appreciate that POG and others take over pushing Toys and Mini/Seasonal in Q4 and some rare times when the schedule implodes.. but well.. guess what.. when those teams want help.. SF don't have the backups for their spots, MY FLOW TM are ! :) Most are on Flow for a reason. The early hours for one. I have some that just hate SF. A couple of the girls would be SLTM if they were hired in most cases. They were given choices for Flow, SL, and chose FLOW. They don't want SF. They will do back up in SL, and other areas, but don't want it primary WC.

but for the past 6 months, our IS team has been told to go to the backroom to help with CAFs, cover electronics when there is a call in, work FDC, etc.etc.etc. When it happens multiple times in a week and is for hours at a time as opposed to "helping out" it should be documented. You can do it on the timeclock. There should be accountability for WC hours. If our task list isn't finished because we have been reallocated to another WC, it looks to our TL that we are slackers, incapable of completing our tasks in a timely manner. If tms don't change WC, there is no accountability and no true idea of how many hours any given WC actually needs to complete the work.

I agree 10000000% if you are doing another WC work, then you CHANGE WC, Period. It is a step that I drill into the heads of TM(s)! They hate, as they have to "drudge" to the timeclock and change it... BUT Logistics are NOT paying HL. SL. or other WC workloads. There is accountability here, as if I let TM's go to say PC when not scheduled that way and they don't change WC.. that counts on MY WC HOURS... and doing this, adds up, and I am over and then there is "some splain'ng to do Lucy!" Especially right now... Spend 20 hours extra here, that 20 hours is coming out some where by the end of the week! Already in that situation this week due to disasters thanks to trucking companies. :mad:

I agree TM go to other WC then they change WC's! It works for ME and the TM in the cases where working outside their primary WC would result in pay grade upgrades and/or a bump at least..

If your management is NOT enforcing WC changes, then DO IT YOURSELF! We keep a list of the WC codes by the timeclock. Most of my TM's know the ones they go to often... but some times they get one they have not done in awhile... This was so beaten into me early on... for EXACTLY WHY you posted...

You have the be scheduled more than 50% in another department. There's a difference between being scheduled and moving to another work center. And if you are moving to another work center over half the time you are there on a consistent enough basis to get you moved to the other work center, then they have scheduling issues.

We are specifically told to not change.

If it was me I would probably go one way on this... but...

I suggest that you get a notebook, LOG each days hours and the WC you spent in it.

2/10/16
0600-1030 FLow
1030-1430 PC

2/11/16
0800-1145 Cashier
1145-1430 IS

etc...

Log it and then when you have any arguments over time spent in a WC you can whip it out and go... hmmm..

Putting it into a spreadsheet and keeping a running total....would also be part of my list.

This log and total of HRS in WC will come in handy for review time and change in pay grade and/or bumps for positions.

LOG IT! LOG IT!

Well maybe your Flow TM's... but my Flow TM(s) are for a large part the GLUE and spackle that fills in all the holes.

SF, HL, CA, Cafe, IS, PC, BR... With out these TM(s) there is no way to complete the schedule, and alot of the CO/NCNS coverage comes from these TM's.... and all those swaps that the SF gives up... would be CO if not for Flow. Only a handful of them are not cross trained in most of the rest of the store in some manner. And most of these are the newbies we got to keep for the first time in years after Q4.

The reverse is not the same.... SF and other specialties... help out Flow... HAHHAHAHHAAAAAHHHHAAAAAA... Yeah right! Most would rather be poked with a hot poker than push freight. Which is for the most part all the SF and specialties can do. On the line... nope, can't handle the pace. :p :) I appreciate that POG and others take over pushing Toys and Mini/Seasonal in Q4 and some rare times when the schedule implodes.. but well.. guess what.. when those teams want help.. SF don't have the backups for their spots, MY FLOW TM are ! :) Most are on Flow for a reason. The early hours for one. I have some that just hate SF. A couple of the girls would be SLTM if they were hired in most cases. They were given choices for Flow, SL, and chose FLOW. They don't want SF. They will do back up in SL, and other areas, but don't want it primary WC.

I agree 10000000% if you are doing another WC work, then you CHANGE WC, Period. It is a step that I drill into the heads of TM(s)! They hate, as they have to "drudge" to the timeclock and change it... BUT Logistics are NOT paying HL. SL. or other WC workloads. There is accountability here, as if I let TM's go to say PC when not scheduled that way and they don't change WC.. that counts on MY WC HOURS... and doing this, adds up, and I am over and then there is "some splain'ng to do Lucy!" Especially right now... Spend 20 hours extra here, that 20 hours is coming out some where by the end of the week! Already in that situation this week due to disasters thanks to trucking companies. :mad:

I agree TM go to other WC then they change WC's! It works for ME and the TM in the cases where working outside their primary WC would result in pay grade upgrades and/or a bump at least..

If your management is NOT enforcing WC changes, then DO IT YOURSELF! We keep a list of the WC codes by the timeclock. Most of my TM's know the ones they go to often... but some times they get one they have not done in awhile... This was so beaten into me early on... for EXACTLY WHY you posted...
My store is the exact opposite. Everyone picks up flow hours, flow rarely helps with anything. Maybe pricing, but only backroom pull. Maybe Plano, but just pushing behind us. No salesfloor, cashier, or cart attendant. We have to trust arms to get black Friday coverage on the floor from many of them.

But instocks pulls cafs, backstock dry grocery, pushes truck, does their own research pulls, and back up cashiers.

Plano covers gs and electronics breaks, backup at sbux, plus I often park c&s in the coolers to help.

We rarely swap to other wc, they just pretend it's even in the end.

At my store, up until about a year ago, we always changed work centers on the time clock. As a flow tm I was asked a few times to zone sales floor or work backroom. My tl was adamant about making the change. Actually a couple of days ago we were talking about this. Next time I go to backroom I'll ask about changing wc.

My store is the exact opposite. Everyone picks up flow hours, flow rarely helps with anything.

Yeppers.. couldn't be more opposite.

You would have to drag people kicking, screaming, and in chains to come to Flow. I would imagine there is a call to Amnesty International in the process as well. :) ;)

But other TL's are quick to steal my stars for PC, especially. Which I am glad they do, but you have to account for the other tasks they have on Flow before you steal them away! :)

We have to trust arms to get black Friday coverage on the floor from many of them.

Well for the first time in years, we were told! we had to take a truck during the BF madness! That was interesting to say the least..... So they got no support from most of my team, as we had to schedule them for the truck. A few did come in for the BF B.S. and the truck too.

But instocks pulls cafs, backstock dry grocery, pushes truck, does their own research pulls, and back up cashiers.

IS here is mostly BR TM's who to give them hours they do IS. They do their thing that is it. None of the BR team is trained to do cashier. NONE. Zilch.

Plano covers gs and electronics breaks,

POG doesn't cover anything, except in Q4 they get moved to push toys/mini/seasonal as they have no hours.. which is why POG/PC should be doing ad take down, and put up. BAM! See HOURS! But I can hear the moaning from that group already if I told them they would work Su-Thu, and a few on SAT EVE from say 19-2200 for ad take down.. SPP, POG, and AD start SUN, NOT MON, so POG/PC week starts SUN. They should be very thankful that I am not the PPTL and that FLOW and PPTL don't get combined! :) ;)

Matter of fact POG and PC should be very thankful I am not the PPTL! BAWWAHHHAAAA! :)

backup at sbux,

Thankfully we don't have that abomination in my store... Its bad enough with the yoga/leggings brigade as it is.

plus I often park c&s in the coolers to help.

Small tasks under 30minutes is one thing, but if your spending an hour or HOURS in a different WC.. then change! I am not paying for that!

they just pretend it's even in the end.

That is fine... and I am cool with that too.. BUT...

Real world.. this week: 600 hrs for Flow, OK -40, that leaves 560 for the week. [n]If I am over that 560, then Lucy you got some splain'ng to do! And yes we have a meeting every two weeks with the STL to discuss this! [/b] And how it is going to be resolved. So if I am giving up TM's to PC, IS, BR, SF, Cashier, PA, CA... you betcha they are changing WC! Their TL can do the splain'ng for their overages! :) ;)

So does anyone know if the base pay is definitely going up to $10 and if so when is that happening?

Would we get the increase right away or during our reviews?

We are specifically told to not change.

Those change work center buttons were for max, they don't work with MyTime. In fact the whole time clock is a MAX clock.

So does anyone know if the base pay is definitely going up to $10 and if so when is that happening?

Would we get the increase right away or during our reviews?

Yes, with your review. It will go in before your merit is calculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back