To That One Guest - II

TTOG:

GET OUT OF THE CART. I don't care what your excuse this week is, just get out of it before I have you and your snickering posse removed from the store.

(Disclaimer: I have a not so good memory but I'm at least 90% convinced I've told the same teenaged girl to get out of the cart over the past few weeks and gotten sassed back with various excuses, from her feet are sunburned to the latest 'her knees hurt' because 'she has Lime's Disease' - this one ticked me off the most since Lime's Disease almost killed my Grandpa... )

TTOG: no I’m not doing your HBA return on a gift receipt. I don’t care how nice you are to me trying to distract me. No I won’t do just that one. I can call my manager over if you’d like. Oh you’ll run to your car and get your real receipt?

She never came back, but she comes every day now so I’m sure I’ll see her again. She social engineers like a pro. #couponfraudstopped

TTOG: Cunt. :mad:

Edit: There was a mother shopping with a little girl who couldn't have even been 5 years old. And that little girl innocently asked "I thought police were bad Mommy." Fucking diseased twat is teaching an innocent little girl that all police are bad. Great brainwashing going on, great job in trying to ruin that little girl's future adult life when it comes to interacting with the legal system. For the little girl, I hope that she can truly learn that while some police officers are bad, just like some people in all professions are bad, but many are good people who do what they can to help others. For that woman.....karma would be needing the police but getting them after the crime has occurred, so she can maybe learn what happens when those "bad" police aren't nearby.

Last edited:
TTOG: I already helped you find your kid a backpack at the last minute (literally!) before the store closed. You said yourself you could come back tomorrow for anything else, so running back into the store when you were almost to the checklanes at almost 20 minutes after closing time is gonna get you followed by both AP and myself because the whole team wants to go home and your selfish ass won’t let us. GTFO!!!!

TTOG:

GET OUT OF THE CART. I don't care what your excuse this week is, just get out of it before I have you and your snickering posse removed from the store.

(Disclaimer: I have a not so good memory but I'm at least 90% convinced I've told the same teenaged girl to get out of the cart over the past few weeks and gotten sassed back with various excuses, from her feet are sunburned to the latest 'her knees hurt' because 'she has Lime's Disease' - this one ticked me off the most since Lime's Disease almost killed my Grandpa... )
Rereading this, what does it matter if the girl is in the cart or not? Unless the person pushing her around is at a full fledged run for the thrill of it it's not going to hurt anyone or anything. Moms put two of their demon spawn in the basket all the time and no one cares. Worse, moms put one of their demon spawn on the flat surface under the basket and the kid is on his/her stomach with fingers only inches away from the wheels and no one cares. Carts carry the weight of assemble it yourself furniture in the basket and nothing breaks. Carts carry multiple shelves to the fixture room, enough weight to tip while standing still if you don't pack carefully, and nothing breaks. A teenage girl is going to weigh less than large furniture or multiple shelving and is not more fragile than children.

I also assumed that she was in a regular red cart.

For me, it's less about the kid in the cart (although I do have concerns there as well) as it is about the fact that she and her "snickering posse" are clearly creating enough of a disruption to be remembered on subsequent visits. That said, mom putting demonspawn in the basket generally means that MOM is the one lifting and transferring the kid. There's some semblance of control there. How's a teenager getting in there? Yeah, she might have her posse hauling her up, but probably not. She's probably standing on the bottom deck and flipping a leg over, which is throwing off the cart's center of gravity and increasing the likelihood of a flip and fall.

For me, it's less about the kid in the cart (although I do have concerns there as well) as it is about the fact that she and her "snickering posse" are clearly creating enough of a disruption to be remembered on subsequent visits. That said, mom putting demonspawn in the basket generally means that MOM is the one lifting and transferring the kid. There's some semblance of control there. How's a teenager getting in there? Yeah, she might have her posse hauling her up, but probably not. She's probably standing on the bottom deck and flipping a leg over, which is throwing off the cart's center of gravity and increasing the likelihood of a flip and fall.
I will say though I’ve stood on the back holding the handle in a way that should’ve made the front wheels come up, but they didn’t. We have strong carts.

That said, mom putting demonspawn in the basket generally means that MOM is the one lifting and transferring the kid.
Very rarely. When kids get in and out of carts at the fitting room they are climbing over the side all on their own. Mom is either dealing with the smallest demon spawn or is handling the clothes she is taking in/separating yesses from nos after.

I've also seen young adults in carts, watched them get in and out, the cart isn't unstable at any point. Usually there's crutches in the cart with them, or a wrap/brace on the foot or knee, and they don't have to put weight on the injured leg when I've seen them get in or out of the cart.

TTOG: Who the hell do you think you are to talk to me that way? I come up to Guest Service desk at the start of my shift and the first thing I hear is 'this is why I hate doing returns at Target, they're so difficult'. There's two team members behind the desk, one of whom is not trained for GS but can do simple returns, the other is a new GSA who started a week ago. So I jump in, realizing that this is probably a difficult return and I'm the one with the most experience. The first thing out of this woman's mouth is 'oh you won't be able to help me either'. Then she follows it up with the comment 'It shouldn't take three people to do a return.' My team members tell you that they're new and still learning GS, which should be this woman's cue to take it easy and allow me to help but instead she replies with 'well you guys always have someone new here'. Bitch shut up you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. She complains that it's taking a while to do the returns (she has like... 10 different packing slips for the orders, no organization whatsoever to them-- two items don't even have a receipt and weren't on her card). The new GSA took the time to sort the items to the packing slips to organize this mess), then she complains that only one person should be handling the return when the new GSA jumps in to help. Alright yes, I get your point, but don't complain that it's taking a while to do these returns when they're each on separate packing slips and you want separate receipts for each item. It's gonna take a while. Finally I get through your return, and you buy some more shoes. You come back because a pair did not take Cartwheel. I fix that for you, and you tell me to scratch off the old item (we highlight every return made anyways) which I already did. Then you say to staple them together in a way that both receipts are visible, otherwise we (our GS team) won't know what we're doing. Ma'am, our job has us looking at receipts all day, we'll be able to tell exactly what's going on when we see one. Just leave.

TTOG: Who the hell do you think you are to talk to me that way? I come up to Guest Service desk at the start of my shift and the first thing I hear is 'this is why I hate doing returns at Target, they're so difficult'. There's two team members behind the desk, one of whom is not trained for GS but can do simple returns, the other is a new GSA who started a week ago. So I jump in, realizing that this is probably a difficult return and I'm the one with the most experience. The first thing out of this woman's mouth is 'oh you won't be able to help me either'. Then she follows it up with the comment 'It shouldn't take three people to do a return.' My team members tell you that they're new and still learning GS, which should be this woman's cue to take it easy and allow me to help but instead she replies with 'well you guys always have someone new here'. Bitch shut up you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. She complains that it's taking a while to do the returns (she has like... 10 different packing slips for the orders, no organization whatsoever to them-- two items don't even have a receipt and weren't on her card). The new GSA took the time to sort the items to the packing slips to organize this mess), then she complains that only one person should be handling the return when the new GSA jumps in to help. Alright yes, I get your point, but don't complain that it's taking a while to do these returns when they're each on separate packing slips and you want separate receipts for each item. It's gonna take a while. Finally I get through your return, and you buy some more shoes. You come back because a pair did not take Cartwheel. I fix that for you, and you tell me to scratch off the old item (we highlight every return made anyways) which I already did. Then you say to staple them together in a way that both receipts are visible, otherwise we (our GS team) won't know what we're doing. Ma'am, our job has us looking at receipts all day, we'll be able to tell exactly what's going on when we see one. Just leave.
People like this make me the most mad. I know how to do my job, thank you.

I once had a woman come up to reload her Amex redcard. Granted It’s not common anymore so I can understand some apprehension but I make it clear I know how to do it. Then she says “oh it’s k8 k8, not the normal way”. I know ma’am, I told you I can do it and please don’t tell me what buttons to hit regardless of whether they’re correct or not because that’s a huge red flag. Then she hands me $40 and says “I want to add $30”. I say ok no problem. Then she says “so that means I want $10 back.” And that’s when I almost lost it like lady I can do basic math and even if I couldn’t do 40-30 the computer would do it for me so get out of my store Karen

What a nightmare. As soon as I see multiple receipts I ask “did you pay for all of your orders with the same credit card? If so we can do all your returns on one transaction if you have it with you!” Of course some people just like to complain. I’m so glad I don’t get scheduled at GS very often.

What a nightmare. As soon as I see multiple receipts I ask “did you pay for all of your orders with the same credit card? If so we can do all your returns on one transaction if you have it with you!” Of course some people just like to complain. I’m so glad I don’t get scheduled at GS very often.
Hot tip: if they didn’t pay with one card you can scan all the in store receipts at the start and it’ll work. Sometimes it’ll let you do online sometimes not but In store always works.

TTOG: no I’m not doing your HBA return on a gift receipt. I don’t care how nice you are to me trying to distract me. No I won’t do just that one. I can call my manager over if you’d like. Oh you’ll run to your car and get your real receipt?

She never came back, but she comes every day now so I’m sure I’ll see her again. She social engineers like a pro. #couponfraudstopped
We get those and the ones who want us to use their GC as a look up. Uh, NOPE. Bring me your receipt or we can do a non-receipt return with those five bags of product.

I do not know about your store but at mine, GSTMs are allowed to tell people to leave if they feel like they are being talked down to in a demeaning manor. GSTLs have their backs too.

We get those and the ones who want us to use their GC as a look up. Uh, NOPE. Bring me your receipt or we can do a non-receipt return with those five bags of product.
We get multiple people coming in and doing card lookups/gift card lookups for bags of stuff and we have to do it. I did one refund recently and I peeked at the receipt and his new balance on his gift card was over $800.

We get multiple people coming in and doing card lookups/gift card lookups for bags of stuff and we have to do it. I did one refund recently and I peeked at the receipt and his new balance on his gift card was over $800.
I do hope you told AP to watch them. Whenever I have a sketchy transaction I always have AP go to 2 and just describe the situation and say my register number so they can look into it if they want

Using a GiftCard to lookup a receipt is a valid way to return items. So are gift receipts.

Back