To That One Guest - II

I see this guest in Electronics and he doesn't acknowledge me so I keep walking. I get past 4 end caps in toys and he flags me down. His wife has a plastic car seat cover over her stroller-basically suffocating the baby. He vaguely describes a toy and says "you sure don't have a lot of toys left" only if there was a reason why people needed to entertain their kids 🤔 "sir people are buying alot of toys because of the pandemic but did you see it online" So of course he doesn't he's just guessing or fucking with me idk. So I find it and he's like " oh there it is". As if he found it on his own. This is why I don't like helping people anymore

TTOG:

Listen, we ain’t doing curb-side pick up. We never have. Park your car somewhere else that isn’t a Drive-Up spot and pick up your order in store. You are responsible for your own actions, so don’t yell at me for making a mistake on both placing an order Online Pick-Up and forgetting your mask at home.

This lady had the audacity to ignore the parking lot traffic cones by going the wrong way of traffic, speed up behind, and honk at me while I was carrying a shit ton of bags and mid-crossing. Run me over Sharol, I fucking dare you. Maybe my safety vest will catch more of your attention on your windshield wipers instead

TTOG: I directed you down to the hand off window to pick up your drink which was not yet ready.
You hovered around before trying to REACH AROUND all my plastic shielding to grab a straw.
I told you I would GET you a straw but you persisted until I finally pointed to the sign that said "THANKS FOR KEEPING THIS AREA CLEAR" & said 'WAIT for me to call your drink & NEVER reach into a food prep area'.
What do you think all that shielding is for?! It sure as hell isn't a sneeze guard!!

TTOG with your mask hanging by one loop on your ear, not covering your face at all:
Guest, walking toward me, holding her phone so I can see it a picture: Can you help me find this?
Me, backing up: Yes, I'm happy to help, but would you please put your mask on?
Guest: What?
Me: Would you please put your mask on?
Guest: Pfft, it's right here.
Me: Yes, but if it's not covering your mouth and nose, it doesn't do any good.
Guest: Never mind, I'll keep looking and find it myself. Thank you for you time, flowteamchick. (Stomps off.)
Me: Okay then.
Ug. Had my first stupid guest of the day before the store had been open a half-hour.
One might think that wearing a mask is the absolute most horrible thing ever. Give me a break. Please.

Dear Karen,
Nope, sorry, I can't let you come back in 15 minutes to pay for your groceries We can hold it for you and you can come get it in the morning, but 7:00 means 7:00. Since you weren't having it, I walkied a GSTL and he said the same thing...

Yes, I know it really sucks, but the key is not to shop at 6:50 PM and then realize 5 minutes before you go to pay that you left your wallet at home.

I would've felt bad because you had alligator tears, but you weren't at all understanding and then you acted like we were being mean to you and that it was our fault for not staying open to accommodate you. It's not the store's fault that *you* forgot your wallet.

We don't want to have to hurry people out of the store, but with current events, we must.

At my store it was a firm no as well. People would also call and ask for boxes at my store and we’d also have women ask if they can come into the back and look at the boxes and pick some out. Sometimes it would be later in the day and we didn’t have boxes (when we had a 4am unload). But Yeah, that’s a no.
This explains why a new TM tried to stop me as I was pushing a cart full of (pharmacy) boxes last week, saying I was not allowed to take them.

I once had my account frozen because I purchased a bunch of 99 cent songs from iTunes and Apple processed each one as a separate transaction. It was about 50 99 cent transactions in one evening. That got flagged as suspicious. Another time, my account was not only frozen, but I was forced to go through a bunch of steps to get an entirely new debit card. That happened because I had purchased a Christmas gift from an Irish retailer directly online.

Banks use complicated algorithms to flag suspicious activity. It sometimes flags legit purchases because the account holder did something out of the ordinary. It sucks when it happens, but it's nice to know that your bank is at least trying to prevent someone from stealing your account number and racking up a bunch of charges because that sucks even worse.
Mine was frozen because I used it in a vending machine

We had a wine endcap collapse & had to rope off a main aisle & it was the same thing with guests trying to go thru it.
Probably same people who would sue for slip & fall saying you created an unsafe condition.
So why did you cause them to walk through a caution taped spill anyways?
You have some 'splaining to do.

Probably same people who would sue for slip & fall saying you created an unsafe condition.
So why did you cause them to walk through a caution taped spill anyways?
You have some 'splaining to do.
It's not like one could miss a large red lake on a white tile floor but a few guests were trying to pull at the tape to go across said lake.
Went thru a crap ton of Wypalls & AbsorbX that day :rolleyes:

TTOG who called service desk to retrieve 4 AA Ikea batteries from a recently returned defective bubble machine: Doesn't it cost more money for gasoline to come get your used Ikea batteries, than just buying 4 new batteries?
Batteries are expensive. A single 4 pack of batteries would put enough gas in my car's tank for about 100 miles of driving.

Batteries are expensive. A single 4 pack of batteries would put enough gas in my car's tank for about 100 miles of driving.
Lol.
4 new AA Ikea batteries = $1.16
Lowest local gasoline price currently is $2.23 per gallon.
$1.16 of gas will get you 0.52 gallon of gas.
Your car would have to get 192 miles per gallon to get you your 100 miles.

Gas here is less than $2, $1.89 last time I filled up. Search of Target.com the cheapest four pack of AA batteries I found were $4.50.

Back