To That One Guest - II

I suspect that it's a liability thing. If we begin to attempt enforcement, but FAIL to stop someone who then gets hurt, are the team member and store liable for not informing the guest that it's a hazard?

I mean, you would think it's a common sense thing, but we all know how little common sense people seem to have. And how little parents pay attention to their spawn while shopping.

I suspect that it's a liability thing. If we begin to attempt enforcement, but FAIL to stop someone who then gets hurt, are the team member and store liable for not informing the guest that it's a hazard?

I mean, you would think it's a common sense thing, but we all know how little common sense people seem to have. And how little parents pay attention to their spawn while shopping.
They don’t pay attention to them while they arent shopping either too often as well. I think target should have a sign by the carts saying “please don’t allow children to stand, lay down, or play in shopping carts”. not as enforcement but a gentle reminder for idiots.

TTOG: Thanks for telling me that you saw on the Facebook that the people to ask in stores where to find things are the employees who pick up online orders because we know where everything is. That's good information to have. But, I'm still only going to point you in the general direction because while I might know where everything is I'm a little busy here picking online orders for other people. That's how it works, old man. I don't have time for you and I don't care what your Facebook friends think about it. Order online if you want my help.

TTOG (and many more like you): We are decades into the Information Age and you think that we can do orders and payments over the phone? A) That's what a computer is for. B) I can't see you, I can't see your card, not doing phone orders is security for you in case someone gets your card number. Ever hear of identity theft? C) This isn't a two store mom and pop pizza joint, where everyone uses the same exact system and trade off logging in; why do you think that we, store level, can change any webpage ordering information? Move forward in time, not backwards. Less frustrating and more successful.

(Yeah I'm sick of trying to get through to people who think that calling and paying for an item should operate exactly how it did in the 80s.)

TTOG: please do not think by my looks that I don’t understand English. You can talk in your normal pace and don’t stretch your words or talk slowly. I can understand you clearly. You don’t have to act it out too while explaining 🙄.

Keep in mind the guest could find it offensive, so be careful. A more polite way would just be saying “I’m fluent in English/English is my first language, no need to talk slow.”

I tried in between telling that “yeah I understood what you are trying to say. But we don’t carry it in our store”.

Our store was evacuated tonight, and we had all the employees across the street from the store plus fire trucks with lights on and somehow 30 plus people still asked us if the store was open. Not what happened, those I can understand, but ARE YOU OPEN?! The level of stupidity amazes me.

My store was evacuated last fall and we encountered the same thing. It was infuriating yet comical. 🙄

Last night I had a Guest that, despite the fact we announced that the store was closing, he continued to shop.

All the lights were being shutdown, as usual. Each team member began calling out that their department was clear- then out of nowhere, some guy comes walking down the race track with a basket full of items he wants to purchase...

I was like: ... registers are closed dude.

I seriously don't understand what goes through these people's minds!

Last night I had a Guest that, despite the fact we announced that the store was closing, he continued to shop.

All the lights were being shutdown, as usual. Each team member began calling out that their department was clear- then out of nowhere, some guy comes walking down the race track with a basket full of items he wants to purchase...

Nothing, it’s all about them.

SNOWFLAKE!

There used to be one guest who would regularly come in and do this, but she would also change her mind on certain items and ask that somebody go back on the salesfloor to find another of the same item because she noticed something was wrong with it. I'm pretty sure she did it on purpose to cause us all needless aggravation. Another team member said he recorded one time she did this and it escalated into a huge argument with the STL, I actually can't wait to see the video haha.

I think due to my Target experiences, I make sure to NEVER go to a business ten minutes before close, unless I need something quick, like milk that takes two seconds to find.

I remember one Q4 where we had two moms together who KEPT SHOPPING IN KIDS FIFTEEN MINUTES AFTER STORE CLOSE. TPS talked to them, they ignored them, and finally our LOD had to ask them to go check out. That was back in the day where we stayed 30-45 minutes after close to finish reshop or zone. They acted like it was a huge inconvenience to them. People.

I think due to my Target experiences, I make sure to NEVER go to a business ten minutes before close, unless I need something quick, like milk that takes two seconds to find.

I remember one Q4 where we had two moms together who KEPT SHOPPING IN KIDS FIFTEEN MINUTES AFTER STORE CLOSE. TPS talked to them, they ignored them, and finally our LOD had to ask them to go check out. That was back in the day where we stayed 30-45 minutes after close to finish reshop or zone. They acted like it was a huge inconvenience to them. People.
Man... I wish my store would allow us to work 45 minutes after close! It would be so easy just focusing on reshop and zoning.

Guest: "I'm here to exchange this."
Me: "Okay, do you have the item for which you want to exchange it?"
G: "No."
🤦‍♂️ M: "Okay, you're welcome to go get the item."
G: "Can I leave this here?"
M: "I don't want to confuse it with reshop so I'd prefer if you took it, along with the receipt and come back when you have the item for which we're exchanging."

G: (leaves the item and receipt on the counter at my register, not even a neighboring one or the end of the counter) "Okay I'll be back."

🤦‍♂️😠🙄

Guest: "I'm here to exchange this."
Me: "Okay, do you have the item for which you want to exchange it?"
G: "No."
🤦‍♂️ M: "Okay, you're welcome to go get the item."
G: "Can I leave this here?"
M: "I don't want to confuse it with reshop so I'd prefer if you took it, along with the receipt and come back when you have the item for which we're exchanging."

G: (leaves the item and receipt on the counter at my register, not even a neighboring one or the end of the counter) "Okay I'll be back."

🤦‍♂️😠🙄

at my store we take some receipt paper or a sticky note and write "EXCHANGE" on it, then place that on the item in front of the register we use the least. just a suggestion

at my store we take some receipt paper or a sticky note and write "EXCHANGE" on it, then place that on the item in front of the register we use the least. just a suggestion
I do too but my fellow TMs have burned me by sending stuff to reshop without reading.

One of my biggest pet peeves is coming up to GS and being like “I want to exchange this.” “Okay, did you already grab the item you want to exchange it for?” “No.” “Ok, would you like me to return it then and you can just go shopping?” “No, I want to exchange it.” THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE??????? I CAN’T JUST MAGICALLY EXCHANGE MERCHANDISE BY READING IN YOUR MIND WHAT YOU WANT, YOU NEED TO ACTUALLY HAVE IT IN YOUR HAND

Back