To That One Guest - II

Can I point out the opposite? They aren't in the store dropping clothes off of hangers and not picking them back up, leaving several boxes of shoes on the benches in shoes, dropping items they changed their mind about on a shelf 10 aisles away, leaving Starbucks cups on the same shelf, putting things on a peg three over when they take it off the right peg and decide against it, unzip all the luggage to see the interior size, and rip open packages to see what the contents really looks like (as if they don't look like the pictures). OPU guests are kinda doing us a favor by ordering for pickup rather than coming in and trashing the zone.

Can I point out the opposite? They aren't in the store dropping clothes off of hangers and not picking them back up, leaving several boxes of shoes on the benches in shoes, dropping items they changed their mind about on a shelf 10 aisles away, leaving Starbucks cups on the same shelf, putting things on a peg three over when they take it off the right peg and decide against it, unzip all the luggage to see the interior size, and rip open packages to see what the contents really looks like (as if they don't look like the pictures). OPU guests are kinda doing us a favor by ordering for pickup rather than coming in and trashing the zone.
I agree, and there's no doubt that guests do all of that and more day in and day out, but I will cut them one little bit of slack on one thing - if our hangers weren't the absolute worst things ever created for retail, then half of our stock would not end up on the floor. You know there is a problem when a TM is trying to put one item back on a rack and three more fall off. They are an abomination and an affront to retail as a whole, and Target guests and TMs in particular. They need to be removed from the face of the earth.

OPU guests are kinda doing us a favor by ordering for pickup rather than coming in and trashing the zone.

Some of them. However, some of the large OPU and drive up orders are freaking ridiculous that they just scream, "Oh, for fuck's sake this Karen needs to do her own damn shopping." They order stuff from all over the store. They love to order lots of large items that can't all fit in one cart like bulk paper and plastic storage bins. Multiple 24 packs of water. 12 packs of soda. They'll throw in a toy or two. Add a couple of packs of candy. Don't forget the chips. Gotta get some makeup. Oh Karen needs a new microwave too. Somehow they always seem to be able to top it off with the most aggravating to find items in the store, such as sunglasses, belts, handbags, or lord help me a single bra.

These are no mere OPU orders. These are orders that when the service desk TM sees me approaching the desk with them, eyes widen in fear. "Is that all one order?" Yes, yes it is. These are orders that make the SETL cry inside as they ask, "Where do you plan to put that?" and I respond, "I don't know. Wherever you want it. It's a drive up." We all know it doesn't matter where we put the order. Karen is either already sitting in the parking lot waiting for her email so as soon as we put it in hold locations we'll have to take it all right back out. Or, it's just going to sit there for days until that one moment when there is a mile long line at the desk, SETL is doing a 239, the registers and SCO are all backed up, and the OPU person is on a ladder in the very back corner of the backroom. Then, it will come without warning. HONK HONK MOTHERFUCKER!

These guests who have to do a lot more than mess up a couple of style's tables to be doing us a favor by ordering online.

I agree, and there's no doubt that guests do all of that and more day in and day out, but I will cut them one little bit of slack on one thing - if our hangers weren't the absolute worst things ever created for retail, then half of our stock would not end up on the floor. You know there is a problem when a TM is trying to put one item back on a rack and three more fall off. They are an abomination and an affront to retail as a whole, and Target guests and TMs in particular. They need to be removed from the face of the earth.
I can't argue with the quality of the hangers, but I've also seen guests knock stuff off and ignore it while they continue to peruse that rack. That's deliberately leaving a mess, not an accident, because they made the choice to leave it on the floor. So knocked off items are still from Karens.

Will you stop harassing me by trying to start arguments about my rants.

Some of them. However, some of the large OPU and drive up orders are freaking ridiculous that they just scream, "Oh, for fuck's sake this Karen needs to do her own damn shopping." They order stuff from all over the store. They love to order lots of large items that can't all fit in one cart like bulk paper and plastic storage bins. Multiple 24 packs of water. 12 packs of soda. They'll throw in a toy or two. Add a couple of packs of candy. Don't forget the chips. Gotta get some makeup. Oh Karen needs a new microwave too. Somehow they always seem to be able to top it off with the most aggravating to find items in the store, such as sunglasses, belts, handbags, or lord help me a single bra.

These are no mere OPU orders. These are orders that when the service desk TM sees me approaching the desk with them, eyes widen in fear. "Is that all one order?" Yes, yes it is. These are orders that make the SETL cry inside as they ask, "Where do you plan to put that?" and I respond, "I don't know. Wherever you want it. It's a drive up." We all know it doesn't matter where we put the order. Karen is either already sitting in the parking lot waiting for her email so as soon as we put it in hold locations we'll have to take it all right back out. Or, it's just going to sit there for days until that one moment when there is a mile long line at the desk, SETL is doing a 239, the registers and SCO are all backed up, and the OPU person is on a ladder in the very back corner of the backroom. Then, it will come without warning. HONK HONK MOTHERFUCKER!

These guests who have to do a lot more than mess up a couple of style's tables to be doing us a favor by ordering online.

Miss thing over here with her 30+ cleaning supply order today

Everyone else can voice an opinion but me? Why such focus on me? Maybe it's a junior high crush kinda thing.

And I didn't look at name, just text, I had no clue you were the same person that did their job in a manner to say eff you to the guests if you hadn't bitched about my opinion. Glad to know there's only one asshole, not two.

Everyone else can voice an opinion but me? Why such focus on me? Maybe it's a junior high crush kinda thing.

And I didn't look at name, just text, I had no clue you were the same person that did their job in a manner to say eff you to the guests if you hadn't bitched about my opinion. Glad to know there's only one asshole, not two.

Reported and blocked. Do you not understand that this thread is for ranting and MAYBE the people ranting don't care about your useless opinion? Keep it to yourself, honestly.

Last edited:
Has the summer heat turned The Break Room into a bunch of squabbling children?

Everybody here has been around long enough to:

A ) Know that this is a place that people come to get out their frustrations after dealing with the general public all day.

B ) Also know that we don't let you take those frustrations out on each other in the form of insults and name calling.

C ) Really know that if I have to stop this car everyone is in trouble.

Stop it. Stop it now.

Last edited:
TTOG: Call corporate all you want. Maybe the spineless jellyfish at guest relations can better get it through your thick skull that your $700 check wasn’t accepted because you’ve never written a check at Target before, and it isn’t me personally refusing to take it. Also, who writes checks? Sign up for a REDcard with your archaic ass technology.

TtoG: Don't get snappy with me because your check asked for an ID. I'm not choosing to ask one guest for an ID and the other not. Damn.
I just say “it randomly asks, just to make sure you’re you and no ones stealing your checks”

I don’t think that’s true but it works. I think the real reason is it can’t read the name/address on the check.

I just say “it randomly asks, just to make sure you’re you and no ones stealing your checks”
That is a good one. A lot of people will forgive any annoyance over delayed/denied service involving sensitive financial data if you say that it's being done for their financial safety and to prevent fraud/identity theft in their name.

That is a good one. A lot of people will forgive any annoyance over delayed/denied service involving sensitive financial data if you say that it's being done for their financial safety and to prevent fraud/identity theft in their name.
This. Because what are they gonna say “no I actually prefer people to steal my money”

Current job, people are asking for the results of their credit applications, which I don't have access to. The ones that get fussy, I tell them that and they calm down.

97% of the time when it asks for an ID the check will decline :( I feel like the only checks that EVER go through are red card payments. If I’m cashiering and someone pulls out their checkbook I prepare myself to tell them the check didn’t go through and most of the time I’m right

97% of the time when it asks for an ID the check will decline :( I feel like the only checks that EVER go through are red card payments. If I’m cashiering and someone pulls out their checkbook I prepare myself to tell them the check didn’t go through and most of the time I’m right
Huh I’ve never had issues with checks. Even the times it’s asked for ID I scan and it approves. But I’ve only had it ask maybe like once or twice since I started

TMostOfMyGuestsComingThroughSCOYesterday: Thank you for providing me with some laughs, it made the day really fun. And to all of our Shipt shoppers, I love you. You're all a great bunch.

TTOG: I'm sorry you seemed to have misplaced your Red card, however, I was on lunch when you first came through, so I wouldn't know what register you were at or whether someone saw it. I made the suggestion (a few times) of going to the desk to ask if it had been turned in, but you said you didn't want to do that because you were so sure that it hadn't.

*shrug* Then I really can't help you if you won't listen to me. 🤷‍♀️

Back