To That One Guest - II

TTOG: I'm sorry you seemed to have misplaced your Red card, however, I was on lunch when you first came through, so I wouldn't know what register you were at or whether someone saw it. I made the suggestion (a few times) of going to the desk to ask if it had been turned in, but you said you didn't want to do that because you were so sure that it hadn't.
On a related note...To that one guest, I don't know who you spoke to, but we can't look up your Redcard from your personal information. Even if we could, it would have been canceled anyhow when you called to report the card missing.

TTOG: Call corporate all you want. Maybe the spineless jellyfish at guest relations can better get it through your thick skull that your $700 check wasn’t accepted because you’ve never written a check at Target before, and it isn’t me personally refusing to take it. Also, who writes checks? Sign up for a REDcard with your archaic ass technology.

i literally call check authorization and hand the phone to the guest so they can be explained exactly why their check is being declined. works very well!

TTOG: No, I'm not Filipino. I came from my mother's womb bursting out in a blaze of glory in a hospital several of blocks away from this Target store. Oh, you actually meant where my family was from? Yeah Vietnam. Yes, I know the capital of Vietnam is Hanoi. Hey, could ya please stop testing me if I'm really my ethnicity when you're not even Vietnamese to begin with? All right take care.

TTOG - if you are not a Shipt shopper or have previous cashier experience please do not come thru SCO with a full cart of groceries. I shouldn’t have to walk you thru every item of produce you are buying because you can’t figure out how to type “1” “add” after scanning your strawberries, carrots, celery, organic bananas, etc. And once I explain that the small plu tags on the avocados, peaches, apples, etc. do not work and show you how to find them why would you keep doing it?

I'd take then to AP and see what they could do. At least trespass the fool!

Those are the people I wish we could throw in jail. I know its a bit harsh, but they drive me nuts wasting food. It is like the people who put frozen in the dairy cooler or on a shelf in office. Lets put the frozen chicken here. Who cares if chickens had to die for me to not buy this food. Those people have a special place reserved for them in hell.

Those are the people I wish we could throw in jail. I know its a bit harsh, but they drive me nuts wasting food. It is like the people who put frozen in the dairy cooler or on a shelf in office. Lets put the frozen chicken here. Who cares if chickens had to die for me to not buy this food. Those people have a special place reserved for them in hell.

Or the ones that leave full carts of groceries. I can only hope they got some kind of "come quick I'm dying" message or similar emergency, otherwise, yeah, special place in hell.

TTO dad: You grabbed some drinks out of the coolers for you & your two girls in the cart before taking off into the store.
I asked if I could ring those up for you but you said you'd ring them up when you checked out.
Funny how those bottles didn't come back with you when you checked out 45 minutes later.
Yeh, it was only $6 but petty theft is still theft.
Way to set a poor example for your kids, dickhead.

TTO dad: You grabbed some drinks out of the coolers for you & your two girls in the cart before taking off into the store.
I asked if I could ring those up for you but you said you'd ring them up when you checked out.
Funny how those bottles didn't come back with you when you checked out 45 minutes later.
Yeh, it was only $6 but petty theft is still theft.
Way to set a poor example for your kids, dickhead.
I would’ve said “oh can I scan those bottles now?” when he checked out.

TTOG: Instead of coming back from the check lanes and acting like a total psycho by throwing a vacuum at me(oh yes she did!) and screaming about fake advertising because you did not get a $230 vacuum for $99, take a deep breath and try to comprehend through your Hulk-like rage that the sale price was put on the wrong item and it was an honest mistake. Screaming and throwing the vacuum at me did not resolve anything and did not get you what you wanted.

TTOG: Instead of coming back from the check lanes and acting like a total psycho by throwing a vacuum at me(oh yes she did!) and screaming about fake advertising because you did not get a $230 vacuum for $99, take a deep breath and try to comprehend through your Hulk-like rage that the sale price was put on the wrong item and it was an honest mistake. Screaming and throwing the vacuum at me did not resolve anything and did not get you what you wanted.
I hope you called AP— throwing vacuums is frowned upon at target :p

While I certainly do not condone violence, and there was absolutely no excuse for throwing the vacuum, if someone did indeed put a $99 sale tag on it and it's the same brand and/or general description, then that's our bad and the price should have been honored.

While I certainly do not condone violence, and there was absolutely no excuse for throwing the vacuum, if someone did indeed put a $99 sale tag on it and it's the same brand and/or general description, then that's our bad and the price should have been honored.
"Someone" likely could be another guest. "Ooo, cheaper vacuum. I'll take this out of my cart, put the cheaper one in it, and I really don't feel like carrying the pricier one back to its spot." Followed by Angry Guest before a TM has a chance to spot it.

Should a guest profit from another guest's laziness?

"Someone" likely could be another guest. "Ooo, cheaper vacuum. I'll take this out of my cart, put the cheaper one in it, and I really don't feel like carrying the pricier one back to its spot." Followed by Angry Guest before a TM has a chance to spot it.

Should a guest profit from another guest's laziness?
I usually go back to the area with the guest and have them show me exactly what's what. If they can easily walk me through why they thought this particular item was that particular price, I will honor it. If it turns out that the sign verbiage and/or placement is confusing, I will honor it. If the sign clearly states what's on sale or if it is not placed over the item in question, then they are out of luck.

It's not my money and it's no skin off my nose to keep a guest happy, and as long as it's not sketchy or a repeat offender, I don't see the issue. Sometimes you just have to let things go.

Back