To That One Guest - II

But they are so easy to find - is it the bulkiness? They are definitely bulky.

So much of paper is located on pallets in the steel. There really isn't time to get out the wave, move things around, get the product down, and put the wave away everytime we get an order for toilet paper. We can get out the poker to get it down, but you have to be careful to not rip the packaging and sometimes it's not possible to bring down just the amount you need. The poker method doesn't work if the pallet is shrink-wrapped though. So, then it's hope that some of the product is on the floor. But, you need to check that immediately and then fake backstock the amount you took. Of course, if you find the salesfloor depleted then you have to get out the wave or a tall ladder anyway.

It's an area of the store that is backstocked in a way that is just very inconvenient for flex fill and that can be a tremendous time suck. It's a really good example of how Target's processes weren't designed with fulfilling online orders quickly in mind and how those legacy issues can impede getting the results they want in fulfillment.

And, yes, the bulkiness sucks too.

So much of paper is located on pallets in the steel. There really isn't time to get out the wave, move things around, get the product down, and put the wave away everytime we get an order for toilet paper. We can get out the poker to get it down, but you have to be careful to not rip the packaging and sometimes it's not possible to bring down just the amount you need. The poker method doesn't work if the pallet is shrink-wrapped though. So, then it's hope that some of the product is on the floor. But, you need to check that immediately and then fake backstock the amount you took. Of course, if you find the salesfloor depleted then you have to get out the wave or a tall ladder anyway.

It's an area of the store that is backstocked in a way that is just very inconvenient for flex fill and that can be a tremendous time suck. It's a really good example of how Target's processes weren't designed with fulfilling online orders quickly in mind and how those legacy issues can impede getting the results they want in fulfillment.

Hello thank you Mr Diplomatic

I’ve never considered literally any of this when I place my orders. From now on I’ll grab my own paper goods before I leave for the day! Now to remember to buy them before I’m halfway home.. any realistic suggestions?😂

I’ve never considered literally any of this when I place my orders. From now on I’ll grab my own paper goods before I leave for the day! Now to remember to buy them before I’m halfway home.. any realistic suggestions?😂

I leave a note in my car. I may be out of the store, but I'm still in the parking lot

Someone needs to print out additional barcodes of those super high locations and put them in the SFS cabinet so you can "scan the BR location" and grab them off the floor.
but that's cheating
We have our barcodes on the bottom of the bar so we can easily scan them. If I can’t get a good angle to scan I ask our receiver (who is more than a foot taller than me) to help me out. Sometimes teamwork is still alive 😊

It does make sense...except when getting to the BR location would take too damn long, but the app doesn't let you pick locations so there's not much you can do except cheat. If you happen to run a location out of that last package of paper towels (as if) you can always do an EXF or something so it gets refilled, but for things like bulk paper (at least at my store) they're rarely completely out unless we're fully out of stock so grabbing one from the floor and dropping an EXF would be better than taking an extra 10+ minutes to do it the "right" way.

Someone needs to print out additional barcodes of those super high locations and put them in the SFS cabinet so you can "scan the BR location" and grab them off the floor.

Trust me, I have a great many backroom location labels that I carry around with me. While this saves some time, it's not a complete solution. Most notably, it tends to bite when there is a big sale on certain paper products that causes the floor to be empty.

"These protein shakes are supposed to be on sale but there's no sign."
"I'm sorry, only the clear protein drinks (which do have signs) are part of the bogo 25% offer."
"No, Premier Protein is on sale! I saw it in the ad and it's the only reason I came here so I know I'm not wrong"

*spends five minutes flipping through the ad on her phone while I stand there mid sfs batch.

"See, Premier Protein buy one get one free!"
"....That says buy one get one at 25% off, and it says only on select items. Unfortunately only these clear drinks are part of the sale. Not the shakes."
"No, it says Premier Protein. And I'm bringing them to the register anyway because that's the only reason I came here and I knew I wasn't wrong."

Okay. Bye.

"I'm sorry, only the clear protein drinks (which do have signs) are part of the bogo 25% offer."
"No, Premier Protein is on sale! I saw it in the ad and it's the only reason I came here so I know I'm not wrong"

*spends five minutes flipping through the ad on her phone while I stand there mid sfs batch.

"....That says buy one get one at 25% off, and it says only on select items. Unfortunately only these clear drinks are part of the sale. Not the shakes."
"No, it says Premier Protein. And I'm bringing them to the register anyway because that's the only reason I came here and I knew I wasn't wrong."

Okay. Bye.
People suck.

Okay. Bye.

She'll (I'm assuming it's a woman because it's always a woman) get up to the register, get pissed that they ring up not on sale, and launch through the whole charade again with her checkout advocate. "But your employee said they're on sale buy one get one free!"

Back