To That One Guest - II

To that one group of guest: Obrigada pela opportunidade de falar portugues com voces. (Thank you for the opportunity to speak Portuguese with you). Another team member asked me to come over because I am multilingual, and the guests were speaking what she thought was Spanish. I quickly realized it was actually Portuguese, which I speak, but not well. I helped the guests get through self-checkout, and felt unusually fulfilled for the rest of the day

To that one guest. You could have come inside the building, told the guest service desk that you had a large item that you needed carried into the store, and I would have brought a flat to bring it in. Instead, you took two carts from the corral, put the item on the bottom, with one cart on either end, and attempted to push it into the store yourself, nearly hitting several cars on the way. I had to abandon the cart pusher in the middle of the parking lot to help you get that in without hurting yourself or others.

TTOG: Thank you for noticing the missing cart corrales and puting the carts at the front of the store and pushing them into the row.

TTOG: I'm sorry I made you wait to sort out what individual gift receipt went with each of your kid's clothing items. I got a little frazzled and I needed some help from my new ETL/GSTL (whatever he is). I couldn't match up the first item's DPCI with any from the gift receipts and I panicked a little. In addition, I apologize to the guests waiting in line who went elsewhere due to this.

To the other guest: Stop trying to scam us and price-match WalMart for your medicine (Nexus?). I knew something was up when you were buying more than 20 of them and already had gift cards. Thankfully my GSTL stopped you from price-matching more of them.

To the other guest: Stop trying to scam us and price-match WalMart for your medicine (Nexus?). I knew something was up when you were buying more than 20 of them and already had gift cards. Thankfully my GSTL stopped you from price-matching more of them.

Remember, Target only price matches 1 like item per guest per day. They want 20, let them go to Walmart!

And a guest can't price match another store and combine it with our gift card promotion (essentially a sale).

Not an early set store. Started putting Halloween up Friday. And Christmas has been out at Hobby Lobby since before Memorial Day. Time has become irrelevant. We’re just existing at this point.
Started already ? And you’re NOT early set ? Wow.
We are ahead of schedule and STILL won’t touch it til end of this week - AFTER Bullsye and all this weeks SPL are done .
Our set date 9/8, i’m Only hoping to start 9/6.
Hope to be done before the 20th anniv. Launch on 9/14 and big grocery changes on 9/15.

Is everyone’s toy salvage processed? What did you put in the now-empty aisles ?

Started already ? And you’re NOT early set ? Wow.
We are ahead of schedule and STILL won’t touch it til end of this week - AFTER Bullsye and all this weeks SPL are done .
Our set date 9/8, i’m Only hoping to start 9/6.
Hope to be done before the 20th anniv. Launch on 9/14 and big grocery changes on 9/15.

Is everyone’s toy salvage processed? What did you put in the now-empty aisles ?
We’re a 9/8 store as well. But we also have a SD who has been around know that if it’s sold down condense it and set it. We don’t want to rush any of the transitions that are coming up this month so we’re definitwly getting strategic about setting. And going overnight for a weekend for the grocery set in open market.

Why is Halloween shit even orderable? I don't even think early set stores would have it when you posted that comment.

It's definitely orderable at my store. Candy could be ordered Monday. Costumes on Wednesday. Decorations on Friday. Schools start mid-August here, so Halloween goes up the week before Labor Day.

Speaking of school supplies, I’ve always wondered why teachers want students to buy a 12 pack of glue sticks. Assuming it’s a 20 kid class, that’s 240 sticks! I don’t even think I’d use an entire stick the whole year.

Speaking of school supplies, I’ve always wondered why teachers want students to buy a 12 pack of glue sticks. Assuming it’s a 20 kid class, that’s 240 sticks! I don’t even think I’d use an entire stick the whole year.
The best part is when they ask me about it, as if I wrote the supplies list. Honey, I'm gay as an Easter parade, no kids, and I've been out of elementary school for more than three decades. I have zero idea why your kids need five boxes of crayons.

if I had to redo elementary school over today as a kid born in 2009 and saw boxes of crayons in MY class I'd ask what kind of smalltime outfit uses fucking crayons when Wacom tablets exist

TTOG: It is *not* all about you. We were hit with a rush and of course 5 lights go off as said rush started. I called for backup, but both GSTLs were with guests. Knowing that my guests had been waiting a few minutes, I politely explained that I needed to step away for a minute to help other people, but that I'd be back by the time you located the item you wanted to price match; you pretty much told me to ignore the other guests and help you because you needed it more.

Uh, no. I'm not standing around for 10 minutes while you look through your phone for a match. It's rude to the guests that have been waiting. 🙄

Back