To That One Guest - II

TTOG #1: Swearing at me because the hand sanitizer shelf is empty won't make bottles of the stuff magically appear.

TTOG #2: No, we are not hoarding product in the back room. How do we make money by NOT selling you stuff?

TTOG #3: Yes, ma'm, this huge package of name-brand toilet paper is more expensive than the small package of store brand that you usually buy. We have not jacked up the price.

Some people are just stupid and there ain't no fixin' stupid.
Buy cottonelle & not charmin, the difference is 6.00 for 2 sheets.

TTOG: You stopped the barista from putting the lid on your latte because you didn't want her 'handling something that was going to touch your mouth'. She assured you - as did I - that we are washing our hands frequently & are following all protocols.
Nevertheless, you started to reach INSIDE our work area to grab a fresh lid when I stopped you & told you (none too nicely) that you NEVER reach into a food prep area because WE know how often WE wash OUR hands but nobody knows when YOU last washed YOURS.
I could've also mentioned how many people touch those lids when stocking them but I digress.
I handed you a lid to put on while you sputtered about my lack of tact but several of my regulars told you off better than I could.
Idiot.

Buy cottonelle & not charmin, the difference is 6.00 for 2 sheets.
I figured that the reason there was literally only Charmin tp left a couple of days ago was because it must be the most expensive brand. I only buy Scott or store brands so I've never looked at the prices of others. Of course, now all the Charmin is gone too - desperate times loosen the wallets!

We like to call them "just average Karen and Bob" because they are just that, mediocre average shit rags. Y'all dealing with them deserve the Captains Award for Bravery. Under your breath tell Karen to shove her obligatory white GMC or Infinity SUV up her tight gym toned ass, finish out your day and enjoy your home time with family and friends. NEVER jack up your systolic over rude turds.

I used to like to watch the older post-Karen age mother with her 17 yr old son staring at products such as the pasta, while I was pushing and zoning. I would give them the usual CIHYFS stuff, no problem there, I didn't mind. What was baffling was A) Why is a grown teenage boy shopping with his mother in the first place? and B) the time they would take looking at a box of fucking Rigatoni, reading the box and actually discussing whatever the hell they were discussing! A couple of minutes sometimes to decide? My late afternoon week days were always occupied by either football practice, basketball or indoor track practice or spring track practice. Every day was busy with some sort of school activity, no idle time. I never set foot in a store with my mother, nor did I want to.

There's a top age for being a Karen?

Taking a long time shopping, mainly comparing each item to another to get best bang for your buck is unusual?

Mothers aren't expected to teach their kids survival skills like cooking and nutrition and eating on a budget?

Kids don't request to learn scaled up cooking or more detailed nutrition as part of a future career interest?

Kids aren't ever chronically ill and doubly need nutrition knowledge or intensive immersion into life skills?

Teens don't screw up enough to be on a chaperoned timeout?

Was the behavior so strange that if you switch the child's gender it would still stand out?

TTOG - 😷 ewww!!
Story: while on break I used the restroom and so a guest and I both exited our stalls at the same time and proceeded to wash our hands. I’m not sure what song she was singing in her head but I wasn’t halfway thru round one of my abc song when another guest exited her stall. Guest #2 proceeded to run water on her fingers for about 3 seconds and then grab a towel to dry off and leave. Guest #1 and I were both still lathering our hands but we did look at each other and roll our eyes. I hate to think what guest #2 touched after leaving the restroom. 😬

This x1000.

maybe, just maybe, the teen boy was shopping with his mom because he likes shopping and likes spending time with his mom?
Teen boys grow up and move out on their own (one hopes) and then they need to know how to shop for groceries. That is unless they plan to eat take-out every meal - expensive and not terribly healthy. So I say good for that mom and her teenage son, and who cares why they were scoping out the pasta boxes.

Teen boys grow up and move out on their own (one hopes) and then they need to know how to shop for groceries. That is unless they plan to eat take-out every meal - expensive and not terribly healthy. So I say good for that mom and her teenage son, and who cares why they were scoping out the pasta boxes.
To add on to this - maybe he had food allergies and she was helping him learn how to read the labels? I have a friend who is very allergic to corn and you wouldn’t believe all the things some form of corn is in.

I wouldn't question it if it were another part of the store. But no one loves shopping for boxed pasta or other groceries. That's far more "need" than "want". And I would question the sanity of any girl or woman who enjoys grocery shopping just to shop.

I used to like to watch the older post-Karen age mother with her 17 yr old son staring at products such as the pasta, while I was pushing and zoning. I would give them the usual CIHYFS stuff, no problem there, I didn't mind. What was baffling was A) Why is a grown teenage boy shopping with his mother in the first place? and B) the time they would take looking at a box of fucking Rigatoni, reading the box and actually discussing whatever the hell they were discussing! A couple of minutes sometimes to decide? My late afternoon week days were always occupied by either football practice, basketball or indoor track practice or spring track practice. Every day was busy with some sort of school activity, no idle time. I never set foot in a store with my mother, nor did I want to.
Because at some point that teenage boy will be a young man who needs to be able to take care of himself? Some of us raised independent children who didn't need Mommy to cook, clean & do their laundry for them once they reached the age of 16. My kid was very involved in extracurricular activities. He could also do basic cooking, laundry & mending.

I wouldn't question it if it were another part of the store. But no one loves shopping for boxed pasta or other groceries. That's far more "need" than "want". And I would question the sanity of any girl or woman who enjoys grocery shopping just to shop.
Ok fair but maybe he liked shopping for say clothes or whatever but they also did need to get pasta and he didn’t mind going to get that too.

semantics. My point (which based on your posts I believe you agree) is that boys can like shopping.

But no one loves shopping for boxed pasta or other groceries.
Well... I actually DO like to shop for groceries. And office-y things. Hate shopping for clothes and shoes, and call me weird, but I especially like choosing good produce. And good cheese. And good bread. Yes, it's something I need to do, but I enjoy it too. Sort of like certain household and yard chores - like weeding the garden but hate mowing the lawn - like doing laundry but hate to dust and vacuum. Whatever floats your boat.

TTOG: No, we are NOT hiding TP and hand sanitizer and clorox wipes in the back. We are in business to MAKE MONEY and to do that the product needs to available. Why the fuck would we hide it the back!?!

*Keep an eye out for guests wearing red shirts in case they try to go in back and find all the merch we must be hiding!!

@FlowTeamChick Have you had a psychological evaluation giving you a clean bill of health recently?

That was unnecessarily bitchy. There is nothing wrong with being picky about grocery shopping. It's actually a really great way to be healthier and eat tastier meals. A few weeks ago I spent almost 20 minutes at the gorcery store looking for the perfect chedder cheese. I finally decided on a nice aged Irish chedder. It wasn't for anything fancy. It was just to make a nice broccoli cheese soup. And, let me tell you that was 20 minutes damn well spent. That soup was so motherfucking rich and delicious.

If that means I need a psych eval, well I work at Target so crazy kind of goes with the job I guess.

Back