To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest making a fuss over 10.5 oz bags of Sun Chips vs. 7 oz bags... you do realize that half the bag is filled with air anyways, right?

to that one guest who left 6 watermelons in a cart in the parking lot....

We are a ULV that carries no produce. Why. Just like, what are you even doing. Why did you take produce that you bought at another store, and leave it in one of our carts. I don't understand. My CA brought the cart in with the most confused look on his face.

We are a ULV that carries no produce. Why. Just like, what are you even doing. Why did you take produce that you bought at another store, and leave it in one of our carts. I don't understand. My CA brought the cart in with the most confused look on his face.

I keep trying to come up with a likely scenario and......nope, not happenin'.

Not as bad as the over religious gentleman that followed me for 20 minutes talking about being saved as I went up and down the aisles for ad takedown one night. I'm sure you know the one.

I just tell them I'm Jewish and they always back off.
It's funny, I have friends who are Atheist, Wiccan, Hindi, and that type will try to convert them but tell them you're Jewish and they leave you alone.

I usually tell people I'm a satanist. They back off quicker than if you say you're Jewish.

Who stopped me and asked me where you could find the tortilla chips. I responded with "I'm not sure...but I imagine they are where the other chips are."(and i actually held my desire to say it with a hint of condescension and put on a smile and polite tone). And my reply to your blank and expectant stare. "I don't work here." You then pointed, rather aggressively, at my distribution ID card that I forgot was still attached to my belt. I guess I could forgive you for not noticing my unkempt hair...my five day facial hair growth and the fact that I was in black cargo pants and a Texas Steakhouse T-Shirt. Maybe I could forgive you not noticing that I had my child in tow. But when you scoffed and said I should know the store layout since I was a target employee after I apologized for the confusion....you baffled me.

To those two girls who came into the store at 10PM: This is not a playground. Sure, play with the assorted balls. Do not drag each other around on the sleds and you most certainly are not allowed to climb into the suitcases and pull each other around on those!

Out of a normal shift for me I would say 52 percent of the people drive me CRAZY.
like the ones that sit outside in their cars and wait before the store opens at 8. I am like there is a Winn Dixie right next door and a walmart not to far that you have to sit outside 15-30 minutes before the store opens.
I've done that. My kids got dropped off at school before T opened. So you don't want them to shop there and get you hours??

I'm not sure why this would bother you....

Also, This statement drives me nuts, "I came in for one thing and left with a cart full of stuff." I told my GSTL today that I bite my lips every time someone says that, to me that tells me that this customer does not have self control.
Again - 1, stop asking me if I found everything. Odds are I wouldn't wait till I got to the register to seek help for finding one more thing (i know people do wait, but personally I don't). 2, when I personally answer, "found more than I came for!" - it isn't about self-control. I'm perfectly capable of knowing my bank balance when I shop, i'm usually joking because well, otherwise I want to snap at you for asking a stupid question in my mind.

See how it goes both ways?!

In orientation the other day I realized I must be the freak customer - no, please don't SHOW ME where the hair glue is, just say "the next aisle over" or something. Now I know she was supposed to do that.... despite my protests!

Oh well, basically, without guests, annoying or not, there is no job.

And what gets me is that I'll turn my light off so I can get back out to my zone and they will still come in even if there are other actual lanes with actual cashiers on them with nobody.

Lol right! The problem is the cashiers at my store are pretty slow and even when the lines are gone people come to my lane when I'm trying to leave because I'll get them out the door faster!

I hate when the gstl comes and turns the lane light on when I jump on! I'm not staying up there for long so why bother?

In orientation the other day I realized I must be the freak customer - no, please don't SHOW ME where the hair glue is, just say "the next aisle over" or something. Now I know she was supposed to do that.... despite my protests!

Sad to say, I've gotten the guest who was told by the previous TM 'the next aisle over' and promptly went the wrong direction.
They're always mad because, "they've been walking around for hours" and it's never their fault because they walked right past the product.
In my previous job I was taught you have a better chance of making sure the product is sold if it's in their hands (even if it's not what they needed).
So if you walk up and hand it to them, there's a good chance they will buy it.

Luckily, lately I've gotten guests who will laugh it off if I show them that the product they want was somewhere they walked right past. Only had a few bad ones lately.

Sad to say, I've gotten the guest who was told by the previous TM 'the next aisle over' and promptly went the wrong direction.
They're always mad because, "they've been walking around for hours" and it's never their fault because they walked right past the product.
In my previous job I was taught you have a better chance of making sure the product is sold if it's in their hands (even if it's not what they needed).
So if you walk up and hand it to them, there's a good chance they will buy it.
I've had that too - and I've probably done it... but i'm so not going to ask for help twice. I will stop and ask for directions though ;)

IN the case of the hair glue - my teen had found it as we walked up to it. See below....

Luckily, lately I've gotten guests who will laugh it off if I show them that the product they want was somewhere they walked right past. Only had a few bad ones lately.
I confess to normally looking on the wrong side of the aisle.

The other night I wanted to look at those Nerf Rebelle things and could not find them. The guy working toys was perplexed until I showed him on the app - I hadn't gone far enough into the "girl" toys. We both got a good chuckle about how a person wouldn't be looking for a Nerf bow and crossbow in the middle of the dolls....

As a "guest," I hate when store employees are overly helpful, too. When I'm working, I'll give landmarks and aisle numbers. If it's one aisle over, I'll walk to the edge of the aisle they need and point the thing out. If something is in a tough to find spot (handkerchiefs, bandanas, toddler ponytail things, baby up & up medicines... ), I'll walk them to it. I'm in softlines, though so a lot of the stuff people ask for help with isn't in an aisle.

I always get hardline questions if I'm in the infant gondolas or near the edge of men's, though haha. Whenever they spot me, in my head I'm like "please ask me about baby stuff. please ask me about baby stuff" thenn, random items like wall decals or holiday pepperoni/cheese sets. I still don't understand why they think we all work in every department and know where everything is!

To the one guest who thought it was funny to get in front of me, and then keep starting and stopping at random points in the 20 feet I was following you to try and get off the floor.....I hope you heard what I muttered under my breath loud enough for you to hear.....it's been a long day, and we were short 40% of our staff in the back, I don't need you thinking you are funny, you are not, although I did rather enjoy the thought of checking you into the wall like you deserved.....

I keep trying to come up with a likely scenario and......nope, not happenin'.

Maybe Gallagher was out and about near Target and had to leave in a hurry?

:)

To ALL the guest yesterday in the pharmacy that were understanding that it was my first few hours in there yesterday trying to help.... Thanks!! We were slammed, and there was only so much I could do at that point. But overall they were great about it.

As to asking them if they found everything while cashiering.... I thought it ironic that the training book said NOT to... Because at that point they will be frustrated if they didn't. That is my take on the topic, and it agreed. Ha. Go figure!

Last edited:
To that one guest: Thanks for implying that I can't do my job before I even helped you, and thanks for bringing down a load of plastic totes on my head because you insisted on 'helping' me get them down. Just because I'm not a man, it doesn't mean I couldn't have managed it.

To the woman who stood in line gazing at the menu: You pondered over which drink you wanted asking me if I could make it "skinny". Each time you weren't satisfied & asked about ANOTHER drink until the line behind you was ready to riot.
Kudos to the woman further back who finally said "Oh, for cryin' out loud! PICK a d**m drink already!"
I wanted to give you a free drink for getting Dithering Dora to put it in gear.

*guest picks up random item*

"Is this on sale?"

"Is this on clearance? it was near something that said clearance!!!!"

No. No it is not. There is no clearance tag on this coffee creamer. It was one flavor that went clearance, which we are now out of. This flavor doesn't even belong on the endcap. I apologize for the person who stuck it there because they felt like it.

*guest picks up random item*

"Is this on sale?"

"Is this on clearance? it was near something that said clearance!!!!"

No. No it is not. There is no clearance tag on this coffee creamer. It was one flavor that went clearance, which we are now out of. This flavor doesn't even belong on the endcap. I apologize for the person who stuck it there because they felt like it.

Guest------takes it to the register and vehemently argues with poor cashier over it anyway!
:gamer3:

To that one guest who tried bringing in her daughters halloween costume to return on November 1st who asked me "Well what am I supposed to do with it?" in a stereotypical "teenage white girl" voice: I honestly don't care, we can't take it back. Maybe you should try a costume RENTAL store if you plan on bringing a costume back.

To the one guest who after having talked to a flow team member in grocery and me after checking my pda for your particular chicken item still said, "No, you gotta be kidding me! I know you have that chicken here, it's back there! You always have it."
epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back