To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh and ALL guest need a training video to show them how to strap their kids into the shopping carts properly, only 1 in 10 are correct. Maybe we can have one of the TV screens in electronics playing a safety shopping cart video, lol.

To the very loud lady purchasing feminine hygiene products today:

So you yell me at me because the register didn't properly ring up the items you were purchasing today and that me checking the prices for you was "embarrassing."

You know what else was embarrassing? You SHOUTING at me about your freaking products. I talked to you discreetly about the products, and you were the one talking so loud that you drawing the attention of the surrounding guests. You're the one who yelled about your tampons and pads.

Then, because my cashier and I were making you so "embarrassed" to purchase your "needs," you decide to call Guest Relations. In Line. On speaker phone.

Oh yea, so discreet.

I was working up at guest services at the end of the night and had two women come in and return something using there Debit Red Cards. I swiped the card and rang up there items and then informed the women that the amount would be going back on to her Target Red Card. She became upset and asked me why I couldnt just give her cash back. Now I am aware that a Red Card Debit can be returned in cash if the "card not here" button is not pressed. However keeping with best practice I did not tell the quest that. I explained to her that the computer was not giving me the option to do a cash return. The guest informed me that everytime she returns something using her debit card that they give her cash back. That is simply not true because the front end team is not suppose to recommend that refund on a DEBIT CARD unless the quests asks to. SO I explained to her that doing a return on a third party debit card is different than a Red Card Debit because it is a check card. Her 40 something year old daughter chimes in with "a check card and a debit card is the same thing". At this point I did my I apologize fake sincerity because she continued to argue with me. If she would have been nice about it and not a complete jerk I probably would have clicked the card not here botton and given a cash refund. Haha and then as she swiped her card she says well I am going to have to ask my son about this. He works at Target HQ she said. I gave her the reciept and said yeah maybe he can get them to change the policy altogether have a good night ladies.

I despise the red card return policy.

If i'm sitting there with my bank and Target has their money, there is no reason I should not be allowed a cash return.

I had a GSTL lie to me about it before I started - we already don't like one another, but she insisted there was NO WAY to work around it. There was no way anyone had ever done this for me in the past. In the past they have called for an override and told the person on the phone I had my bank info pulled up and it had cleared, could I get cash if needed. They have always done it. THis time she wouldn't even tell them it had cleared my bank (I was 5 days from the purchase?

It takes 4 days for the money to refund on my card - if I need the cash for something else, well, it is my money. Target isn't paying me interest on those extra days.

The refund policy is not clear and should be, and calling it a debit card implies that it is a gasp, DEBIT card, and those are 99% returned as cash. Sam's Club and Best Buy did refunds to them and they were back in my account within an hour or so. Target should call it what it is.... check card. Because it isn't a debit card.

Huh. That has been bugging the crap out of me.

If i'm sitting there with my bank and Target has their money, there is no reason I should not be allowed a cash return.

I had a GSTL lie to me about it before I started - we already don't like one another, but she insisted there was NO WAY to work around it. There was no way anyone had ever done this for me in the past. In the past they have called for an override and told the person on the phone I had my bank info pulled up and it had cleared, could I get cash if needed. They have always done it. THis time she wouldn't even tell them it had cleared my bank (I was 5 days from the purchase?

It takes 4 days for the money to refund on my card - if I need the cash for something else, well, it is my money. Target isn't paying me interest on those extra days.

The refund policy is not clear and should be, and calling it a debit card implies that it is a gasp, DEBIT card, and those are 99% returned as cash. Sam's Club and Best Buy did refunds to them and they were back in my account within an hour or so. Target should call it what it is.... check card. Because it isn't a debit card.

This is the first I'm heating this policy. Not one service desk team member has ever referenced this policy to a guest requesting cash for a RedCard Debit return. Heck, I had to do a return at another store and the service desk team member didn't even ask, he just gave me the cash.

To that one guest that got all mad, demanded to speak to a manager, and threatened to write an complaint email because we didn't have the PS4 games that a team member from earlier in the day said they would hold (said team member neglected to leave a note so myself and/or the other closing electronics TM probably sold them), just Whoa... :\

To that same guest that calmed down, sincerely and repeatedly apologized for her outburst, and explained that she was just grumpy from being tired, sick, and running around for these games for her boyfriend, double Whoa! :) Oh, and I hope you did manage to get the games at the other Target I sent you to.

It would be such an easier job and customer service, if Holding an item for a guest was stopped. First come first serve. Why can stores hold certain items but not all items.

To the guest that requested something I had to go in the freezer to find: I was gone for maybe 5 minutes. You disappeared. WTH. If you ask for something, don't run away before I come back.

oh and ALL guest need a training video to show them how to strap their kids into the shopping carts properly, only 1 in 10 are correct. Maybe we can have one of the TV screens in electronics playing a safety shopping cart video, lol.

Yeah, because they'd watch them....just like they read signs, listen to what we tell them, pay attention to where they're walking, etc. Quite frankly, it's not that difficult if you simply take the time to do it, but most of them are too busy yakking away on their phones to actually take the 5 seconds it takes to properly do it!

I was working up at guest services at the end of the night and had two women come in and return something using there Debit Red Cards. I swiped the card and rang up there items and then informed the women that the amount would be going back on to her Target Red Card. She became upset and asked me why I couldnt just give her cash back. Now I am aware that a Red Card Debit can be returned in cash if the "card not here" button is not pressed. However keeping with best practice I did not tell the quest that. I explained to her that the computer was not giving me the option to do a cash return. The guest informed me that everytime she returns something using her debit card that they give her cash back. That is simply not true because the front end team is not suppose to recommend that refund on a DEBIT CARD unless the quests asks to. SO I explained to her that doing a return on a third party debit card is different than a Red Card Debit because it is a check card. Her 40 something year old daughter chimes in with "a check card and a debit card is the same thing". At this point I did my I apologize fake sincerity because she continued to argue with me. If she would have been nice about it and not a complete jerk I probably would have clicked the card not here botton and given a cash refund. Haha and then as she swiped her card she says well I am going to have to ask my son about this. He works at Target HQ she said. I gave her the reciept and said yeah maybe he can get them to change the policy altogether have a good night ladies.

Didn't know that was a policy (I don't work GS, though). My mom returned some clothes I bought her with my redcard last night and received cash back. She didn't have the card, though lol, because it was in my locker.

Once, I returned something a day after the initial purchase and received the refund before they ever took the money out. For some reason, returns always take 2 days for me, but purchases take 3-4 days to come out. It's a pain for the most part, but eh, I use the delay to my advantage sometimes.

This is the first I'm heating this policy. Not one service desk team member has ever referenced this policy to a guest requesting cash for a RedCard Debit return. Heck, I had to do a return at another store and the service desk team member didn't even ask, he just gave me the cash.

I'm a GSA, and have never heard of such a policy. Our line to them, when they use their debit card or Target check card is, "would you like that back on your debit card, cash, or a gift card?" I'd be plenty pissed and demanding your LOD if you didn't give me cash when I asked for it.

I despise the red card return policy.If i'm sitting there with my bank and Target has their money, there is no reason I should not be allowed a cash return. I had a GSTL lie to me about it before I started - we already don't like one another, but she insisted there was NO WAY to work around it. There was no way anyone had ever done this for me in the past. In the past they have called for an override and told the person on the phone I had my bank info pulled up and it had cleared, could I get cash if needed. They have always done it. THis time she wouldn't even tell them it had cleared my bank (I was 5 days from the purchase?It takes 4 days for the money to refund on my card - if I need the cash for something else, well, it is my money. Target isn't paying me interest on those extra days. The refund policy is not clear and should be, and calling it a debit card implies that it is a gasp, DEBIT card, and those are 99% returned as cash. Sam's Club and Best Buy did refunds to them and they were back in my account within an hour or so. Target should call it what it is.... check card. Because it isn't a debit card.Huh. That has been bugging the crap out of me.

I'm a GSA, and have never heard of such a policy. Our line to them, when they use their debit card or Target check card is, "would you like that back on your debit card, cash, or a gift card?" I'd be plenty pissed and demanding your LOD if you didn't give me cash when I asked for it.

I did that night, she told me sorry, there was nothing they could do - it just wouldn't allow cash refunds at certain times.

to that one guest that walked into the store: fine, that's what guests do

to that same guest: did you not read the 4, i kid you not, 4 signs on the entrance doors detailing the day beaujoulais nouveau comes out?

to that same guest: i hate you. go back to the third grade. no, we don't have anything similar. the wine goes bad in under four weeks. (i'm serious, there is nothing that is even remotely similar to any year's beaujoulais noveau) i told you that when you asked me your initial question. (i had a sneaking suspicion that i should push a $200 bottle of Dom Perignon on him just to be an asshole, but, I didn't)

(beaujoulais nouveau is the festival french wine harvest. its all about the harvesting of the first grapes from the field for that vintage. the wine itself is typically good for three or four weeks, at best. after that, you would be better off drinking vinegar. i'm not making that up.)

Last edited:
you did a same day return? It makes sense that it wouldnt allow cash on a same day since it has to be pulled out of your bank and processed through Targets bank and It doesn't get to targets bank till midnight. So to make sure it clears it doesn't offer cash.

Although if you call 718 once in a blue moon they will process it and change it. I never had it happen but ive seen it happen.

Wow...what I don't get, is not only that a lie, but it's a lie that doesn't gain the store anything by saying. Unless there is suspicion of fraud (like buying an iPad and returning it trying to get cash), there is no reason to not let the guest have the cash back.
Thank you for confirming this, this has been an issue for YEARS with the store. The first few times they called for an override with whoever is on the other end of the phone, and then one day someone from another store was there and pushed some button and it allowed cash back. Everyone working the GS counter was shocked that worked.

You are right it is no skin off the stores nose - all it is doing is creating a bad vibe with the guests. In my case, I was alternating between 2 types of warm-up pants for my daughter for her gym meet, and the ones at WM were what she needed/fit. It just happened to be a week that her father didn't pay but 5% of his weekly child support and that $10 was much needed. Thankfully now that I'm actually working I shouldn't be down to $10 being a major deal - but it irks me because it is my money. $10 stupid dollars!

I should have complained that night to corp.....

you did a same day return? It makes sense that it wouldnt allow cash on a same day since it has to be pulled out of your bank and processed through Targets bank and It doesn't get to targets bank till midnight. So to make sure it clears it doesn't offer cash.

Although if you call 718 once in a blue moon they will process it and change it. I never had it happen but ive seen it happen.
Nope, it was 4-5 days after purchase! It had already even cleared my bank. She called and they wouldn't do an override - but i'm suspect of her call based on the tone/way she was talking on the phone too.....

if she actually called they should have told her to press the button that says card not here and it would give her cash. What a stupid lie. I don't even understand why they wouldn't give the cash back.

if she actually called they should have told her to press the button that says card not here and it would give her cash. What a stupid lie. I don't even understand why they wouldn't give the cash back.
You guys have no idea how much I appreciate you pointing out it WAS indeed personal. I never understand what the point was to the store, still don't. I'm totally behind not allowing same day, or 1-2 day cash returns, but 4-5 days out when the guest can prove it cleared?!

She was speaking on the phone in this strange tone, and said, "So you are not willing to give her an override to get cash at this point? Her only option is the return to card. Thank you!". It seriously struck me as "fake" at the time, and now I'm 99% sure it was. There was another person there - and she just averted her eyes during it and wouldn't say anything. Oddly, she was really nice when doing my cashier training 2 weeks later - I don't know if she remember the incident, I didn't bring it up. And the LOD was a PFresh person, so I can forgive her for her ignorance (She was nice at least, and has been ever since).

Ms. Nasty has been unable to look me in the eye since... and I had to report a nasty bathroom to her after I started and she gritted her teeth as she said thank you (and for the record, she had a guest there and all I said was, "The handicap stall is rough". It was horrid in all actuality.... I doubt she even sent a call out about it.

At that time I didn't know she was the GSTL either - imagine my surprise in orientation.... she is bad enough that there is no way I'd work under her as a cashier.

Actually, you can get cash on same day returns as well. The option is always there.

UNLESS the receipt is from another store.

The other day, I had a guest who wanted to returned some merchandise from a sister store. She paid with a debit card and had her receipt. The register prompted me for the tax rate of the items, etc. When I was ready to process the refund, "gift card" was the only option.

I tried using the K button with the "Credit" option, but it said, "you and the guest have selected different methods of payment, please try again." Called 718 and they said because it was same-day return from a neighboring store, the guest would have to go back to the store and they would could process a post-void or just wait the next business day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back