To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG...look, the time is now 7am. We sold out of the iPad airs about 9 or 10 hours ago. If you wanted one that badly, "for the gift card" you would have been here with everyone else. I'm sorry the website is out of them as well. No, I am not going to call around to all the other Targets for you, because I guarantee they have long sold out as well. What are you supposed to do? Either settle for and buy the iPad mini with the $75 gift card or go home without. Those are your two options. I cannot produce one out of thin air...my magical powers don't work well when I'm sick.

To that one guest: If we had 6 on Thursday night, what the hell makes you think we'd still have any late Saturday afternoon?

To that woman on Thanksgiving night who told all her friends that she didn't care, she was GLAD we were open so she could shop & "the customer is ALWAYS right"!: I fervently hope you later choked on that latte & ruined your designer sweater.

To that one guest: If we had 6 on Thursday night, what the hell makes you think we'd still have any late Saturday afternoon?

Okay to be fair we had quite a few of those Beats HD solo whatevers left over today and there were plenty of Dyson DC 25s still in the store when we closed tonight.

To that one guest.... "limited quantities" pretty much means.... get there early and wait in line. I'm sorry you felt screwed that Target did not specify a time to line up for a ticket for the tv. It isn't my problem that you live under a rock and didn't know that... but they don't need to spell it out step by step in their ad, nor take out a separate ad to cover it.

AND, if i'm ever stuck by you in the cough/cold aisle again - i'm giving you some (fake) sudafed. Because listening to you deal with your nose while waiting in line did not endear me to your cause....

AND, who exactly were you getting back at deciding in the middle of the hairspray aisle that you were just going to plop the 32" you snagged down on the floor when you changed your mind?!?! I guess your fellow shoppers that were going to have to maneuver around it? Oh well, I commented on it to you and then drug it to the TM watching the line on the back wall. Ye gads.

So you go right ahead and buy that pallet of TVs for $5000 you were bragging about being able to get.... meanwhile, I got there at 3:45 in order to hope that I could upgrade my 13 year old 48" rear projection, 480i, no HDMI tv, on a Target pay budget. I was successful. I'm happy to report it is a HUGE upgrade for us - we are all happy!

13 year old 48" rear projection, 480i, no HDMI tv

At least it wasn't one of these:

console.jpg

My parents had a similar one and it lasted for almost 40 years. The thing just would not die. Then it wouldn't turn on one day. My mom did a happy dance.

13 year old 48" rear projection, 480i, no HDMI tv

At least it wasn't one of these:

console.jpg

My parents had a similar one and it lasted for almost 40 years. The thing just would not die. Then it wouldn't turn on one day. My mom did a happy dance.
We had one similar when I was growing up.... then my mom added the VCR (VHS, we skipped beta in our house). You know, the one with the CORD on the remote. Talk about wishing something would DIE so we'd quit tripping on the stupid thing!!

I'm fighting getting Netflix to stream in HD - it won't on the roku or blu-ray player I bought. Amazon does, so I know it isn't the hardware and the wet string is capable......

Mr k, you can burn the wood around the tv.

And set my living room on fire? I had to help my dad carry the thing outside to put it with the trash. The thing was heavy as ****.

I'm fighting getting Netflix to stream in HD - it won't on the roku or blu-ray player I bought. Amazon does, so I know it isn't the hardware and the wet string is capable......

I've been having the same problem. I haven't figured it out yet, so I've resorted to watching The Walking Dead on my laptop instead.

There's a setting in netflix (gotta access it through the website) where you can choose the quality. The option's under playback settings or something. I don't have a roku anymore, so I can't test it, but it should work.

There's a setting in netflix (gotta access it through the website) where you can choose the quality. The option's under playback settings or something. I don't have a roku anymore, so I can't test it, but it should work.
I wish it worked! It was set to auto, and then high q, and neither worked. I even changed it to high hours before trying it just to make sure it would force it to it.

In digging around online, I'm not the only one having the issue with Comcast. Apparently something started a couple of weeks ago and finger pointing is going both directions.... Joy.

To the guests that want you to get items for them. I totally understand if you're about to buy an item and it is broken or something, but don't ask us to get something for you because you forgot it. I would never go into a store, buy things, get up to the front and ask the cashier if someone can grab me whatever because I forgot to get it. We are not your personal shoppers. You were born with legs, use them.

Whenever someone does this to me I will suspend it and say I will be here when they get back :D heheh.

to the majority of my guests tonight.....you all rock and it was a pleasure to help you and give you my opinion.

to those 2 guests....I watch you every time you come in for a reason. Threatening a child that is not yours (but with you) with a belt is beyond reprehensible. And you seem resigned to the fact that if you had used said belt I was going to call the cops.

I had someone actually ask me if I could suspend her transaction so she could go get something she forgot, since she asked if I knew if we had any left, and I knew right where they normally are. She found what she wanted, too :)

Operator: Phone call for toys.
Me: Target toys, how can I help you?
Guest on phone: Hi, I'm looking for a toy. The DPCI is XXX hyphen XX hyphen XXXX.
Me: Okay. The Lala Loopsy doll? Is there a particular one you are looking for because that is an assortment number?
Guest on phone: Yes, I'm looking for the one with pink hair.
Me: Okay, we actually don't have any of that one. I'm looking, and we only have the ones with blue, green, and yellow hair.
Guest on phone: Okay, thank you.

5 minutes later...

Operator: Phone call for Toys.
Guest on phone: Hi, I'm looking for a toy. The DPCI is XXX hyphen XX hyphen XXXX. (Exactly the same as before)
Me: Didn't you just call a few minutes ago?
Guest on phone: ...yes

*sigh*

Guest on phone: Hi, I'm looking for a toy. The DPCI is XXX hyphen XX hyphen XXXX.
Me: Okay. The Lala Loopsy doll? Is there a particular one you are looking for because that is an assortment number?
Me: Okay, we actually don't have any of that one. I'm looking, and we only have the ones with blue, green, and yellow hair.

5 minutes later...

Guest on phone: Hi, I'm looking for a toy. The DPCI is XXX hyphen XX hyphen XXXX. (Exactly the same as before)

*sigh*

Just in case you missed it or one magically appeared. Or that one that we keep in the back room.

5 minutes later...

*sigh*

Just in case you missed it or one magically appeared. Or that one that we keep in the back room.

The number of people who think we are purposely hiding things in the back room from them simply amazes me.

Last edited:
TTOG: No, we don't have any more Lego city advent calendars. No, I don't need to transfer you back to toys. They have already asked us to help save them some time and tell the guests we are out. Why? Because we are sold out. Believe me, if we had any, I would have about ten on hold back here at guest services to cover all the calls I've gotten about them.

5 minutes later...

*sigh*

:facepalm:

5 minutes later...

*sigh*

Odds are, she was just calling all the Targets and asking that and forgot to mark down that she had called your store. When that happened to me, the guest was kind of embarassed, but I helped her out by looking at stock counts in the different stores and told her which ones had a high quantity and would thus have a higher likelihood of having what she wanted...

But I suppose I could have just sighed as well

To that one guest last night: You asked me where the Duraflame logs were, I told you. There's no need to act like I'm an idiot and make me check on my PDA *and* call on my walkie because you didn't believe my answer until someone else confirmed it. I told you I had walked right past them to get out onto the sales floor, so I'm pretty damn sure I knew what I was talking about. Bitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back