To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest who insisted she deserved a free $5 gift card because "even though these weren't the ones on sale, I'm still buying two tide detergents of the same size. And they're more expensive too, so I should still get a giftcard." ...I'd really like to just get a giftcard too but that isn't happening.

To that one guest that told me that he was going to call corporate and tell them about me all because I thanked him and appreciated his business (that day, when he bought a case of... fuck, i forget what it was. but his total was almost 200 bucks), all because he told me about how he paid almost 2 grand for beer and liquor the other day (he showed me his receipt from that day. i damn near shit myself. after he told me about that, is when I told him that)...

You, sir, made my day and restored my faith in humanity, at least for a little while longer.

I hope that I kept you from going to a competitor in Orlando...

And when (IF) you come back, I hope I'm the guy selling you another 2 grand in happy juice.

Last edited:
To that one guest who insisted she deserved a free $5 gift card because "even though these weren't the ones on sale, I'm still buying two tide detergents of the same size. And they're more expensive too, so I should still get a giftcard." ...I'd really like to just get a giftcard too but that isn't happening.

We have this old lady guest who always always tries to talk us into giving her deals. One time she tries to get t-shirts for a clearance price because there just happens to be clearance Ts on the table. All the signage said $10 or whatever, but we had the little red clearance labels only under the ones that were actually clearance. I don't understand why she doesn't get it.

Last time I saw her, she wanted to buy two packs of pull-ups and get a giftcard because they were scooched over a bit and sorta behind the sale sign for a larger package. I tell her the pullups she's buying cost $10 less and she says "but that sign is in the wrong place" and I said, "well, maybe if you pay 35 for each pack, instead of the 25 they cost..." She still didn't understand why I wouldn't budge. LOD said the exact same thing to her, though.

I avoid her when I see her shopping.

We have this old lady guest who always always tries to talk us into giving her deals. One time she tries to get t-shirts for a clearance price because there just happens to be clearance Ts on the table. All the signage said $10 or whatever, but we had the little red clearance labels only under the ones that were actually clearance. I don't understand why she doesn't get it.

Last time I saw her, she wanted to buy two packs of pull-ups and get a giftcard because they were scooched over a bit and sorta behind the sale sign for a larger package. I tell her the pullups she's buying cost $10 less and she says "but that sign is in the wrong place" and I said, "well, maybe if you pay 35 for each pack, instead of the 25 they cost..." She still didn't understand why I wouldn't budge. LOD said the exact same thing to her, though.

I avoid her when I see her shopping.

I know there have been times when as a customer I've misread the sign (and dammit they are often in misleading places sometimes, can't we admit that) but I don't understand the point of fighting with the cashier.

Maybe because I work retail but it just seems like a waste of time and will only serve to make the cashier have a crappy day.

One time I had a lady who insisted she got a $5 gift card from buying two tides. I did the price inquiry and I told her she got the wrong Oz size, it should have been the next size up and she stands there arguing with me saying she is going to go back there and take a picture with her phone. I said okay fine, I will give your suspend slip to guest services. LOD comes out and says go ahead and give it to her anyways. She comes back and says, "I see you were right. I'm sorry. I just don't have time to buy these though".

I thought it was funny that she had time to stand in line and argue with what the computer screen says, go back and take pictures to prove the sales ad wrong, and then not have time to complete the purchase.

Just remember guys, if ever in doubt price inquiry the item and it will say what the deals are on that brand of item!

To that one guest...thank you for throwing your wad of dipping tobacco out your car window at me then speeding off in the lot as I was bringing in my last line of carts for the day. That was exactly how I needed to end a tiring 8 hour shift, by washing my forearm of your spit and tobacco juice in the bathroom.

To that one guest...thank you for throwing your wad of dipping tobacco out your car window at me then speeding off in the lot as I was bringing in my last line of carts for the day. That was exactly how I needed to end a tiring 8 hour shift, by washing my forearm of your spit and tobacco juice in the bathroom.

This guy was just being an asshole.

Anyone with half a mind who actually dips knows not to be a complete shithead to those around him/her

even if they are sorely addicted to the stuff.

To the lady who ordered the 50-60lb kitchen island then canceled after I already lugged it to GS, should we ever cross paths:

hQxD0JC.jpg

To those two women who cleaned out my display of travel cups & plopped them at my register:
You weren't happy when I told you they were no longer half off. You then smugly whipped out a print-out from your computer that stated otherwise....until I pointed out the barista's code & the paragraph regarding "participating locations".
You huffed & puffed as I explained the difference between a stand-alone & a company-owned franchise, which is why we couldn't honor the price so you derided us as "not a REAL Starbucks" as you strode out the door angrily leaving all those @!#$% cups on my counter.
It is my fervent wish that you sneeze during your next sip of coffee & ruin that chiffon blouse.

To the lady who ordered the 50-60lb kitchen island then canceled after I already lugged it to GS, should we ever cross paths:

hQxD0JC.jpg

Same thing happened to me over the summer with a large patio set. Me and the TM who I helped pull it weren't happy.

On a happy note: To that one guest who waited to buy two iPad minis first thing this morning because you didn't want to come out on Black Friday because you saw it unfair to us. Thanks, I appreciate hearing such things. Most of the guests I assisted today were pleasant and thankful :)

Last edited:
To that one guest who was angry about the gift receipt situation, I'm sorry, but I don't really care about your newly discovered hatred toward Target or your "well, I'm not gonna spend my $200 here. I'll take it somewhere else" rant. I am not Target. I just work for them. Idc. You aren't hurting my feelings. I send people across the parking lot all the time. Idc. This woman was angry because there's no option to give gift receipts for gift cards and she was worried about what would happen if she mailed them out and there was a problem. I'm not a cashier so I know nothing about such things so I asked an ETL and he said they could print individual slips out at GS and she didn't believe him, and got all huffy at me like I care. It was like those times when people are all "well, I'll go to walmart, instead!! hah!"

To those guests who buy pajamas and feel the need to pull them all out of the ribbon, f you very much. I make sure to make all the ones I have to fix look ugly just because I don't think our guests deserve nicely packaged ribbon PJs. Bring them to the fitting room if you wanna open em and/or try them on. Then we at least keep all the pieces together and we don't have the mess on the tables.

This woman was angry because there's no option to give gift receipts for gift cards and she was worried about what would happen if she mailed them out and there was a problem. I'm not a cashier so I know nothing about such things so I asked an ETL and he said they could print individual slips out at GS

In the unlikely event that there's a problem with the gift cards, they should call the 800 number, not try to return them. If I have a guest who doesn't trust the system when purchasing a gift card, I print out a balance slip (Price Inquiry, scan the gift card, K1 for Print Balance) so they have documentation that the gift card contained X amount at the time.

To that one guest who was buying the niceret gum.
I do not set up the registers i just back up. If u want the gum u have to give me your id. i didnt make the law.
i know your like 40. if it says i need your id i need your id.
im not trying to be a bitch.

In the unlikely event that there's a problem with the gift cards, they should call the 800 number, not try to return them. If I have a guest who doesn't trust the system when purchasing a gift card, I print out a balance slip (Price Inquiry, scan the gift card, K1 for Print Balance) so they have documentation that the gift card contained X amount at the time.

I believe the balance slip is what the ETL was referring to. I didn't know how to check the balance, though, so thanks!

To that one guest, no we can't look up your REDcard. I'm sorry you left it at home, and to your daughter it's nice that you've worked at Target before but as I remember correctly we can't look up REDcard information. I'm sorry to inconvenience you.

To all those guests calling on the phone looking for whatever toy or electronics item....we have a lot of guests actually in the store and willing to spend their money who want help. You don't get to jump to the front of the line simply because you are trying to save yourself a trip. So expect to be on hold for a while and get over it.

To that one guest, no we can't look up your REDcard. I'm sorry you left it at home, and to your daughter it's nice that you've worked at Target before but as I remember correctly we can't look up REDcard information. I'm sorry to inconvenience you.

I tell them it's not a savings card like at the grocery stores. It's a credit card (or debit)! That's why we can't look it up with a phone # or whatever.

I believe the balance slip is what the ETL was referring to. I didn't know how to check the balance, though, so thanks!

No problem! And contrary to what the ETL seems to believe, you can print a balance slip from any register, not just Guest Service.

To that one guest: Thank you for being patient with me, when the issue we were having wasn't my fault. It wasn't yours, either, it was just the computer, but sometimes guests get snippy with me anyway, so thank you for the apology, even though it wasn't necessary. It was very much appreciated, and it made a long shift better. :)

To that one guest: When you said you were going to continue browsing while I searched for an item for you, I didn't expect you to completely vanish on me. What the hell?

To those two guests who wanted items that were on the risers: Thank you for waiting patiently while I searched the store for a ladder because backroom was too busy pulling CAFs to bring out the WAVe. If only more guests were that appreciative.

To the guest that seemed annoyed at the fact that Saturday's blueberries were on the shelf and not today's. I'm sorry that there was nothing wrong with those blueberries? Also sorry that I had a million other things to do and the blueberries weren't empty, so therefore weren't a concern.

To the guest who threw herself to the front of the long line at my lane because she told the woman before her she was next in line ... no. It's one thing if you already had stuff on the belt or everyone could physically see and understand you had to grab one more thing and agreed to save your spot, but being a rude, entitled b***h about it did no favors. The woman you cut was a saint for not making a scene you did so deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back