To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest I was ringing up today, I understand that you wanted to pay two ways, and I did all the prompts correctly. If your card declines this is not my fault, and I'm not looking at you as if you have no money but you springing up the 'I have money. And I want to take a few things out' made me question you out of spite. Telling a higher up that it's my fault your card isn't working really shows what kind of "great" person you are.
I hope I never encounter you again. You didn't really hurt my feelings at all, I hope you heard my distant laugh when I walked off.

Oh, so many guests at guest service the past couple of days....so much grumpiness and bizarreness....

To that one guest who let me be part of her Santa story with her kids....thank you, that was cool. Your puppy turned your elf on a shelf into elf with no legs and arms. I loved that you came to pick up the new one and told your kids that Santa dropped her off there and I got to see him. I loved talking with your kids about what you asked for for Christmas and telling them that Santa had some special things for them. That was great.

To that one guest....we were super busy at the desk, and I had two other people behind the desk who meant well to help me, but had zero idea what they were doing. So while I was trying to assist you, I had to keep interrupting myself to answer their questions and help them out. On top of this, I couldn't get the freaking serial number for the tv you were trying to return to scan properly. So a simple transaction was making me want to scream. I apologized to you a million times, but you were so incredibly patient. And when I thanked you for your patience, you simply waved me off and said you understood that it's a crazy time of year, and that's just how it is sometimes. Seriously, I could have hugged you. Thank you.

To that one guest....I called another store looking for a specific jacket for you. That can be hit or miss, but luckily the other person was familiar with ready to wear, so it wasn't the disaster it could have been. When I found out she had the jacket in the size/color you wanted, you danced a really cool jig in front of me. That made it totally worth it, and I was so thrilled I was able to help you and you were (hopefully) able to get your jacket. Thank you for the smile.

To that one guest, no we can't look up your REDcard. I'm sorry you left it at home, and to your daughter it's nice that you've worked at Target before but as I remember correctly we can't look up REDcard information. I'm sorry to inconvenience you.

I can't remember exactly the prompt on how it's done, but if they have there Drivers License, there is a way to pull it up... I know it can be done with the Debit Redcards. I don't know if you can do it with Credit though.

Any GSTL's, or GSA's know the way? :)

To that one guest, no we can't look up your REDcard. I'm sorry you left it at home, and to your daughter it's nice that you've worked at Target before but as I remember correctly we can't look up REDcard information. I'm sorry to inconvenience you.

I can't remember exactly the prompt on how it's done, but if they have there Drivers License, there is a way to pull it up... I know it can be done with the Debit Redcards. I don't know if you can do it with Credit though.

Any GSTL's, or GSA's know the way? :)

What? How come I've never known about this?

Anyways, I'd like to give a HUGE thanks to all of the guests last night who were very kind and patient when it came to the credit card issues. I went into work prepared for the worst, but you guys all restored my faith in humanity for just a little while. I left incredibly happy last night (especially because conversion numbers were thrown out the window)
and I hope tonight goes just as well. Thanks guys! :)

Tis the season for the multiple stupid callers....to all of those callers who, after hearing me saying"no, we don't have such and such, and it's so far back ordered that if we get them it will be in mid January," ask if that's for all stores or just Target.....I want to slap you silly because how would I know for more than just my store?

to the people who came in/called asking if we were hiring, I actually felt bad saying "no, we are actually getting ready to lay off some of our seasonals"

to the 2 young guests who came in to try on clothes.....thank you!! You ladies are so sweet (one I helped while my ETL was right there and the other was a fairly regular guest who has a skin problem that I didn't realize) almost makes up for the other kids I had to keep my eye on.

to the one guest who got huffy when I noticed you were trying to take socks in to the fitting room with your kids clothes to "try on".....ummm, lady, when I ask for softlines b they come running to find out who/what kick my sensor in. You took less than a minute for a 5 year old to try on four outfits (and unclothing would take longer than that) is another clue. Your massive purse another. Hope you got caught...at least I/and AP had you in our sights.

To that one guest who came in to electronics trying to stir up a frenzy about "stolen debit cards", nice try. Most of the guest thought you were obnoxious and the guest that I got to sign up for the RedCard laughed at you.

To all the other guest, thank you so much for being so understanding. I was the only one in electronics and there was only one other person in toys who had to focus on toys, yet you guys were patient and friendly. You made what was to be a miserable night a not-so-bad night.

To the 30 or so guests that were disappointed but understanding about the not able to contact the 866 number about your card, thank you for not blaming me or my partner at the service desk. To the 15 who made scenes, piss off my friends. I can't get through to them either and you don't see me flailing my arms around, cussing up a storm and generally being an ass.

To that one trailer park type guest,

Thanks for leaving 2 mostly empty cans of natty ice for me to find, one in the carts in the parking lot (which I spilled on my pant leg) and another in the women's RR in a hygiene bin.

To the nice girl near the end of the day,

Thanks for giving me a candy bar. You couldn't have known that Cookies and Cream was my favorite, but you got it right.

No problem! And contrary to what the ETL seems to believe, you can print a balance slip from any register, not just Guest Service.

Yea, I know that, but I had a line like cray and that lady was buying 8 gift cards!! Also, I'm not a real cashier so had no clue how to do that at all. I'd already spent too much time (in my opinion) trying to get help to begin with.

To all those guests calling on the phone looking for whatever toy or electronics item....we have a lot of guests actually in the store and willing to spend their money who want help. You don't get to jump to the front of the line simply because you are trying to save yourself a trip. So expect to be on hold for a while and get over it.

I say this all the time, but some of my coworkers who answer the phones, occasionally, still get mad when the TMs in toys/electronics don't pick up lol. I think it's because they haven't come up with a way to say this without pissing the person on the phone off.

To that one guest: why yes, I did just see you empty out your basket into one of our open coolers. That bag of potatoes you didn't want? Literally 4 feet from where you're standing. The package of bacon? 10 feet away. The yogurt? ON THE SHELF RIGHT ABOVE THE ONE you just dumped your crap on, among other things. Thanks I guess for at least being decent and picking your stuff back up and putting it back, but if I hadn't walked over to the Pfresh cart and hadn't seen you, I know darn well you would have walked away and left it for me to clean up.

To most guests: do you honestly think that "managers" can just override anything? Like is that really how you think... Just WTF I don't even.

we live in such an impatient society....people, it's Christmas week and it is taking most areas awhile to answer their phones...that is why I warn you. It doesn't help, in fact it makes it worse when, after 30 seconds you hang up and call me again.

to that one young man I was short with...I am sorry, I hope you took my apology and realized how extremely busy I was.

Guest: You are always so pleasant when I come back here, you must like your job

Me: no

thank you for understanding what I meant

Over the last several days,we've all helped many guests

To that one guest: Baby Einstein is an entire line of products, simply saying Baby Einstein is not enough for me to help you don't say I'm not helpful.

To the countless guests who were pleasant and patient: Thank you. I was glad to help you and it's people like you that make my job somewhat tolerable. I had no problem going out of my way to help you. May that be as simple as giving you a phone# to the nearest store, checking the backroom for a specific item, or helping you find some dvds your girlfriend hide (this one is my favorite. He was so happy). Seeing you happy made it worth it.

To hostile and rude guests: If you were to act like the guests above, I'd gladly take more time to help you. The nicer you are, the further I will go to see you leave the store satisfied. Interrupting me when you can see I'm interacting with someone else is not a good way to get my full attention.

To the one guest prank calling the deli today asking for eggnog flavored bologna: you were somewhat funny, but really, don't you have something better to do on Christmas eve?

To the guest in sporting goods today: The section is a wreck. The sale signs have been knocked down. It would help me a lot if you would tell me what brand or any other identifiable information about the scooter you want. Telling me it has two wheels is NOT going to narrow it down any.

To all the guests that (I guess) didn't think those 9 o'clock we're closed announcements meant them, well, YES, THEY DID! The operator made the announcement around 4 other times and then we still had some idiot standing at the greeting cards until our LOD went up to him and very pointedly told him that we were closed. Only then did he actually go to the front. That was about quarter after. Clocked out around a quarter after 10.

To the guests that wandered to toys today while I was pushing: yes, I realize the ad states that there are some pretty killer deals on toys. Yes, I see the picture of the Legos in the ad. No, I do not know exactly which ones are clearance because if you opened your eyes you would see that our Lego aisle is at about 30% capacity. We do not have any in stock! It's not false advertising...you were just too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back