To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest who saw me 1) in my uniform 2) holding PDA 3) carrying a walkie on my fleece 4) holding a FF Printer and 5) holding product and still asked, "Hi... um. Do you work here????????????????????????????????????????"

ccb.gif

To that one guest...you're so new to your store, that not only do you not have a discount card, but you don't even have your temporary one yet, but you already have your number memorized and feel confident enough about policy to argue with me that your store doesn't require team members to have their discount card? Yeah, sorry, I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

To that one guest who saw me 1) in my uniform 2) holding PDA 3) carrying a walkie on my fleece 4) holding a FF Printer and 5) holding product and still asked, "Hi... um. Do you work here????????????????????????????????????????"

Is this not a normal thing around your area? I get asked this around 3-4 times a day, more like six or seven times during holidays. My answer to it is always to very obviously look down at my name tag, re-position it slightly, then look them in the eye and say "yes."

Anyway.

To the guest who tried to buy the 1/1 street date Lego Movie toys, found out they couldn't be sold, and then came back to Toys to start taking the rest of them to resell them: if we wouldn't sell them five minutes ago, why would we now? It was still not 1/1.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Have another:

To the guest who asked me to help them pull furniture at 10:50 at night in perfect English, then suddenly only spoke Spanish at 11:05 when I told you we were closed, I didn't forget who you were. You're the only person in bed sheets and furniture at 11 PM at night.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Have another:

To the guest who asked me to help them pull furniture at 10:50 at night in perfect English, then suddenly only spoke Spanish at 11:05 when I told you we were closed, I didn't forget who you were. You're the only person in bed sheets and furniture at 11 PM at night.
Ya mean their English switched off at 11pm?
Whoa.....thought that only happened at Wally World.

Is this not a normal thing around your area? I get asked this around 3-4 times a day, more like six or seven times during holidays. My answer to it is always to very obviously look down at my name tag, re-position it slightly, then look them in the eye and say "yes."

I got stopped in Best Buy once by a customer when I was much younger wearing a rock band t shirt, black jeans, and a duster coat. It was nice to be able to just give him a weird look and keep on walking.

To the guest who thought repeating details about the toy you wanted would make it magically appear: it won't.

I'm sorry, we don't sell the Fisher Price Peppa Piggy.

Yes, I understand it is a pig. We still don't sell it.

Yes, I understand it's name is "Peppa". We still don't sell it.

Yes, I understand it's a Fisher Price toy.

We still don't sell it.

To the guest who thought repeating details about the toy you wanted would make it magically appear: it won't.

I'm sorry, we don't sell the Fisher Price Peppa Piggy.

Yes, I understand it is a pig. We still don't sell it.

Yes, I understand it's name is "Peppa". We still don't sell it.

Yes, I understand it's a Fisher Price toy.

We still don't sell it.

that happened twice last night with me....I had one guest tell me that she didn't think I knew what shirt she was talking about. Lady, I have folded every shirt in softlines at least twice...I know what shirt you are talking about and we don't have ANY. Sorry you ruined your husband's Christmas present less than 2 days after Christmas.

To those kids who helped me clean up an aisle full of gum balls: Thanks! Now wash your hands. Please.

To guests in electronics: I'm more than happy to get a game for you, but please, don't just stand there 20ft away while I'm zoning something or wonder around aimlessly. I have no idea you need help. Get my attention, or hit the call button. Also, don't just stand behind my back and wait for me to address you either. It's kind of creepy.

To the miserable human who called me a liar when we were out of the variety pack Clif Bars that she rudely informed me are always right there. I dont know what you wanted from me, I was on my way back for my break and you stopped me. I checked the front stockroom even after the gun told me we had none. You are a rude miserable person who needs more than Clif Bars to turn your existence around. If you think I was rude back too bad. Go ____ Yourself. That was the rudest experience maybe of my life, the LOD even told me she couldn't believe I handled it as well as I did. She wasn't the only one. That was bad.

To the miserable human who called me a liar when we were out of the variety pack Clif Bars that she rudely informed me are always right there. I dont know what you wanted from me, I was on my way back for my break and you stopped me. I checked the front stockroom even after the gun told me we had none. You are a rude miserable person who needs more than Clif Bars to turn your existence around. If you think I was rude back too bad. Go ____ Yourself. That was the rudest experience maybe of my life, the LOD even told me she couldn't believe I handled it as well as I did. She wasn't the only one. That was bad.

Clif Bars are good, but really?

To that guest who I noticed staring at me from the food ave lobby for a good 15 minutes.. When you walked up to the soda machine and I said " hi, how are you" and got no reply WHILE YOU WERE STILL STARING DIRECTLY AT ME... I can't believe how inconsiderate and rude a person could be. After that I was pissed. When I noticed the Mcdonalds cup in your hand I kindly told you that you couldn't refill that cup here because you did not purchase a drink from food avenue. You pretended that you were just getting water which you are well aware we don't have at our machine. Why are you aware? We'll because this has happened before, and I've had 3 of my tm's tell me to watch out for you. Next time I see you I'm ripping all the nozzles off the machine so it sprays you right in the face.

^This!
All during the holidays people bring their outside drinks in then try to "top off" before leaving the store. My FATL was cleaning the dining area when a lady did that & she asked her if she paid for her drink here. When the guest said no, she said "Then you don't get a refill. What you're doing is theft." She stared at her until the lady dumped out her drink in front of her kids.

To all those guests who kept messing up my dept... I know you think they pay me to pick up after you; but that's not ALL I have to do. And when you start wondering where all the new stock is.... well, if you'd be a little considerate I might be able to get it out on the floor before my shift is over. *sigh*

I forgot one the other day...

To that one guest, THANK YOU for being upfront and letting us know you were being treated for Pink Eye that wasn't responding to meds - and telling us to wash up if we touched your paper script. You have no idea how much that meant to all of us!

I forgot one the other day...
To that one guest, THANK YOU for being upfront and letting us know you were being treated for Pink Eye that wasn't responding to meds - and telling us to wash up if we touched your paper script. You have no idea how much that meant to all of us!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :bad:

Last edited:
To that guest who does not understand that we do not sell Amazon products then proceeds to clap at you and says "I'm looking for kindle products, NOT AMAZON." :dash1:

We did for a few years, people should catch on by now though. Still, it shows how well we'd do if we still sold Kindles.

To every guest using the endcaps by the price scanners as a dumping grounds for all their unwanted Christmas junk...

Can. You. Not?

A few of our TMs and myself came up with the ideas of ethier
1. Leave those endcaps empty so they can dump stuff and it would only look half as bad
2. Have bins there for them to dump their unwanted stuff into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back