To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, guess they're a bit more lenient around here. I didn't get carded once buying alcohol (I was 24 though)
Yeah most of the guests who get irritated about us carding are from out of town or live in a neighboring county

I don't actually use sudafed but if I did, I would've stopped using it the moment they moved it behind the pharmacy. I wonder how that law affected their sales. Also didn't even realize it happened. I could've sworn I've seen sudafed go through my line.

I don't actually use sudafed but if I did, I would've stopped using it the moment they moved it behind the pharmacy. I wonder how that law affected their sales. Also didn't even realize it happened. I could've sworn I've seen sudafed go through my line.

After the law went in effect Sudafed started making some of its products without the psuedoephedrine.

To those guests I had earlier: Thank you so much for being awesome and chatting with me while I helped you, and just making an eight-hour shift from hell much better. Honestly, you were my favourite people today...

Yeah a lot of cold medicines reformulated using Phenylephrine which isn't regulated. It's also been shown in some studies to be about as effective as a placebo, so there's that. Some brands moved their original formulations to something like Nyquil-D/Claritin-D/etc. which is available behind the pharmacy counter, with the "classic" named product being the reformulation.

Also if you like extra amusement the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 (I was slightly off on the name and "officially" it's 2005 but took effect in 2006) is actually in reality Title VII of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Re-authorization Act of 2005...

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of cold medicines reformulated using Phenylephrine which isn't regulated. It's also been shown in some studies to be about as effective as a placebo, so there's that. Some brands moved their original formulations to something like Nyquil-D/Claritin-D/etc. which is available behind the pharmacy counter, with the "classic" named product being the reformulation.

Also if you like extra amusement the Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 (I was slightly off on the name and "officially" it's 2005 but took effect in 2006) is actually in reality Title VII of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Re-authorization Act of 2005...

The part of all that it doesn't really slow down the meth cookers at all.
They don't buy or shoplift the stuff the way they used to, now they have buddies who get it off the back of loading docks by the caseload.

To the mom who brought your sick kid in the store: I can understand if you really NEEDED to pick up some items but buying your kid lunch & eating it in the café while your kid coughed EVERYWHERE without once covering his mouth made everyone else clear out pretty quick. You got a lot of well-deserved dirty looks from others & we used nearly a whole bottle of sanitizer cleaning up after you left.
Next time, keep your sick kid home.

To the mom who brought your sick kid in the store: I can understand if you really NEEDED to pick up some items but buying your kid lunch & eating it in the café while your kid coughed EVERYWHERE without once covering his mouth made everyone else clear out pretty quick. You got a lot of well-deserved dirty looks from others & we used nearly a whole bottle of sanitizer cleaning up after you left.

Man, I hate this. One time we had a woman come in to the store wearing her bathrobe and was clearance shopping. She was complaining that she was very sick and probably needed to go to a hospital. I so badly wanted to ask her why she was shopping in the bloody clearance sections then.

To that dilf who hung that skirt his daughter tried on... And in the right place, thanks, that was super nice of you. This guy's daughter actually forgot her hanger, he sent her back, but someone had taken her room, so he asks me for a hanger and he walks over and hangs it... Nicely. On the right rack, with the right color. I said it was fine, I had no problem hanging it, but still thankful for the effort but he was determined to save me some work lol.

To the woman whose little boy brought me the hangers left in the room by previous "guests," whatever you're doing at home is working. He told me the room was a complete, horrible mess. His mom had already come out and was calling him asking what was taking so long, then he came out with that arm full of other people's hangers.

I get too happy when people do things to make my day a little easier. And then when it's a kid, it's multiplied.

To that dilf who hung that skirt his daughter tried on... And in the right place, thanks, that was super nice of you. This guy's daughter actually forgot her hanger, he sent her back, but someone had taken her room, so he asks me for a hanger and he walks over and hangs it... Nicely. On the right rack, with the right color. I said it was fine, I had no problem hanging it, but still thankful for the effort but he was determined to save me some work lol.

To the woman whose little boy brought me the hangers left in the room by previous "guests," whatever you're doing at home is working. He told me the room was a complete, horrible mess. His mom had already come out and was calling him asking what was taking so long, then he came out with that arm full of other people's hangers.

I get too happy when people do things to make my day a little easier. And then when it's a kid, it's multiplied.

Whenever I see a parent have their kid put something back where they found it (and actually make sure their kid puts it back exactly where they found it) I always want to go to them and be like "Okay I'm going to let you use my team member discount today because you're awesome"

I'm sure there's some regulation against that but I mean, I think it'd be a nice way to "vibe".

Whenever I see a parent have their kid put something back where they found it (and actually make sure their kid puts it back exactly where they found it) I always want to go to them and be like "Okay I'm going to let you use my team member discount today because you're awesome"

I'm sure there's some regulation against that but I mean, I think it'd be a nice way to "vibe".

BE BOLD.

BE BOLD.

On that note though, WOULD I get in trouble if I did this?

BE BOLD.

On that note though, WOULD I get in trouble if I did this?

Yes you would. They might not catch you the first time but they would eventually. We had a big to-do about letting non-dependants use your discount card a few months back.

Were they possibly waiting on a prescription in the pharmacy? I know some of our guests will go wait in FA/SBX....I guess it's better to have them confined in one area than hacking all over everything in the store like we had one guest doing! However, not telling your kid to cover his mouth if he's coughing is unacceptable. Act like a fricking parent and have some courtesy for the other guests, for goodness sake!!! This is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves in the pharmacy, ESPECIALLY when I see ADULTS hacking away without covering their mouths!!!!

TTOG: telling the person you're yakking away to on the phone how much of a "dumb B" I am isn't going to make me move any faster....in fact, it makes me move SLOWER!!! You made things even better by using every word in the book when I told you your Rx was invalid and we couldn't fill it. The icing on the cake was when my pharmacist refused to give you back the Rx "since it was no good anyway", told you to leave the store as another tech was calling security, and you threatened "to come back with 5-0". Oh, and did I mention we called the doctor and verified that the prescription was fake? I hope you do (but doubt you will) so we can have your dumb a$$ arrested for Rx fraud (per the doctor's orders since this isn't the first time you've done this, according to him). Guess what else? EVERY controlled prescription you bring to EVERY Target pharmacy will now be called and verified because of this little stunt and we also called all of the local pharmacies (where, surprise, surprise, you also have accounts and have pretty much ONLY filled controlled substances) and told THEM to flag your account as well....good luck getting ANYTHING filled ANYWHERE!!!! I also called your insurance company (since you were stupid enough to give me your ACTUAL card) and informed them....

Dumb B? No......Vengeful B? Oh heck yeah~LOL!

It blows my mind when the kids are more into making sure things are tidy than the adults are.

I have kids all the time picking up after their parents in Food Ave.

The part of all that it doesn't really slow down the meth cookers at all.
They don't buy or shoplift the stuff the way they used to, now they have buddies who get it off the back of loading docks by the caseload.
A certain pharmacy chain is "reportedly" under investigation for failing to properly document and follow the law for the sales for as many as 6 years in up to 24 states, which they are saying "may" have something to do with the law's ineffectiveness....the lack of a national "real-time" database also hinders it :eek:
Some states have taken the CMEA a step further and made PSE available by prescription only. Oregon and Mississippi(I think? I know Oregon for sure). Both have had fewer than 20 meth lab busts in the past couple of years. That's not to say there aren't meth arrests, particularly in Mississippi. Because of it's accessibility to the Gulf of Mexico, meth is being shipped in from Mexico so there is STILL a meth problem, primarily in southern Mississippi. People who make it themselves also just drive across the border, but many border pharmacies refuse to sell to anyone with a Mississippi ID. I believe 20+ states also have legislation pending to make it Rx only GA, IL, WV, CA, & ID, just to name a few....
And yes, the phenylephrine is about useless. I know very few people for which it works and even then, I doubt it's the phenylephrine, it's most likely the antihistamine or guaifenesin that's actually working ;)

TTOG: telling the person you're yakking away to on the phone how much of a "dumb B" I am isn't going to make me move any faster....in fact, it makes me move SLOWER!!! You made things even better by using every word in the book when I told you your Rx was invalid and we couldn't fill it. The icing on the cake was when my pharmacist refused to give you back the Rx "since it was no good anyway", told you to leave the store as another tech was calling security, and you threatened "to come back with 5-0". Oh, and did I mention we called the doctor and verified that the prescription was fake? I hope you do (but doubt you will) so we can have your dumb a$$ arrested for Rx fraud (per the doctor's orders since this isn't the first time you've done this, according to him). Guess what else? EVERY controlled prescription you bring to EVERY Target pharmacy will now be called and verified because of this little stunt and we also called all of the local pharmacies (where, surprise, surprise, you also have accounts and have pretty much ONLY filled controlled substances) and told THEM to flag your account as well....good luck getting ANYTHING filled ANYWHERE!!!! I also called your insurance company (since you were stupid enough to give me your ACTUAL card) and informed them....

Dumb B? No......Vengeful B? Oh heck yeah~LOL!

GTC to you! (Yes, I know we don't use them anymore...)

To that one guest who decided it would be a good idea to report me for singing in my car as I pulled into work because you didn't like the way I sang. FUCK YOU! do I sing like an angel no,( though when im on carts and outside I sing most of the time and have had multiple guests tell me I sing quite well) is that gonna stop me from doing something I like and using the voice God gave me HELL NO!. you don't like it well I got two words for ya BITE ME, you bloody moron.

To that one guest who decided it would be a good idea to report me for singing in my car as I pulled into work because you didn't like the way I sang. FUCK YOU! do I sing like an angel no,( though when im on carts and outside I sing most of the time and have had multiple guests tell me I sing quite well) is that gonna stop me from doing something I like and using the voice God gave me HELL NO!. you don't like it well I got two words for ya BITE ME, you bloody moron.

He wasn't a fan of ear bleeding Finnish, symphonic, neo-classical, speed, death, metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back